Earthgirl's Final Battle

Comments

• themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,826
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    So glad to have found your new thread EG, and what a pity about the old one. £11,000 to go - you'll easily get that sorted this year!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• :hello: hi earthgirl, I lost mine elsewhere and found it really frustrating.

they really need to sort that spam thing, its so easy to press on tablets when you don't mean to.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,669
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Waaaaaaahhhhh!!! What a total pain :(:(:(

But glad to see you posting again - and we're all behind you - you'll smash this in 2018!! :) xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • No way the old title was offensive. You are so close to mortgage freedom. What will you do then?
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Forumite
    I can't believe they deleted your old diary!

However, best wishes for the final battle
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Thank you all so much. I am back on track with my favourite people helping, means a lot!

So today £3 spent on ds1 football class, £5 spent on swimming for me and kids. This is such a good deal, ds1 gets your play on the inflatable run and I teach ds2to swim. Major breakthrough today as he swam underwater and kind of dived down to collect dive toys as well. He was given the dive toys for Christmas and I asked to borrow goggles at the pool- they told me to keep them as the change in him was so miraculous- like something just clicked. Phew, I was about to sign him up for lessons at £29/ month.

Boys had friends to play too this morning which was cheap and they really enjoyed. Maybe we ll just the number of friends next time as ds2 struggled a bit with the four boys.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • Oh just "heard" about your diary disappearing - how awful, think I would feel they have just wiped out all my o/ps :eek:
    Yes, this is the reason - the system has a threshold and then auto-deletes. A combination of the removal of the occasional real spam post and accidental scrolling has resulted in some much loved threads disappearing. Good luck with your final push!

If you press this in error or at all, a pop up asking "are you sure" or Please confirm :spam:ought to be enough to filter out the "pressing in errors" That way they get the "real" :spam: 's
    Hope they do this soon.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,817
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Happy shiny new diary :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Tahlullah
    Tahlullah Posts: 1,086 Forumite
    Wow, I would be gutted!

Cheering you on for your final year. Nearly there!

Tx
    Still striving to be mortgage free before I get to a point I can't enjoy it.

Owed at the end of -
    02/19 - £78,400. 04/19 - £85,000. 05/19 - £83,300. 06/19 - £78,900.
    07/19 - £77,500. 08/19 - £76,000.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,662
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I keep readin your title as 'Earth's final battle'!! And have visions of Battlestar Gallactica, the Borg and suchlike coming to attack us!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback