PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Crystal Spring Deodorant

Comments

• i use the driclor roll on - after using it every night for a week, i now use it once a week, and theres no underarm wetness at all!! a wee bottle that cost about a fiver lasts about a year.....before i was getting through a bottle of deo a week which didnt stop me sweating and just made me very sore!

:D

i use this now and then, especially in the summer.
    i can't use it more than 2 nights in a row though as it makes my armpit swell up a little and gives me a rash.

the things we do for vanity/cleanliness :D
  • newleaf
    newleaf Posts: 3,132 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Another vote for Pitrok here! I got mine from a health food shop, it cost about a fiver but will last forever.
    Thanks for the tip about Odaban anguk, I know someone who will find that link very helpful!
    Official DFW Nerd No 096 - Proud to have dealt with my debt!
  • The one I use is Pitrok. https://www.pitrok.co.uk/

It has no smell and you just wet it with warm water. I've had it for nearly 3 years, hasn't changed shape much at all and it keeps you very dry. It's also good if you find your hands get moist, just rub it round and you'll feel fresh all day!

sorry if this sounds disgusting, but have you ever found that the rock itself starts to smell ? I had to switch to the spray on Pitrok, which is really expensive as its not very long lasting. But I found with the rock that even though I was applying it to clean skin, the rock took on a sweaty smell. My sister tried it too, and had the same problem. Maybe theres something strange about my family....I was disappointed though, as I loved the effectiveness of it - I have never tried any other type of deodorant or antiperspirant which worked as effectively.
  • black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I bought one of those from ebay about a year ago and I use it twice a day and it doesn't look any different. I find it works most of the time except when I was carrying heavy shopping around in the summer and when I was sat on a broken down train in the blazing heat. Apart from that it worked great.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • redballoon_2
    redballoon_2 Posts: 1,555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    tesco value roll on's work really well for me, and VERY cheap! (about 35p ish)
    Make £10 a day challenge March 2013 £101.24 / £240 :j
    WSC 10 March - £0 / £5
    Debt £17,294 - 7th March
  • Bloke
    Bloke Posts: 192 Forumite
    Another vote for Odaban here, I used to suffer from nervous sweating etc. but since using this I've had no problems at all, and I'm still on my first lot of it, bought over a year ago. It also has the bonus of having no smell so you can still use your favourite deodorant as well if you want to smell nice as well as being dry.

Paul.
  • Pitrock sounds natural and pure - we don't go through much deodorant but I am getting more eco-friendly so Pitrock sounds like an interesting way forward rather than always just grabbing another spray at Boots - thanks everyone.
    MFW #185
    Mortgage slowly being offset! £86,987 /58,742 virtual balance
    Original mortgage free date 2037/ Now Nov 2034 and counting :T
    YNAB lover :D
  • Philippa36
    Philippa36 Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Don't bother buying cheap Superdrugs own Crystal deodorant. I bought it thinking it would save me a fortune instead of spending £2 on Sure which doesn't leave white marks on clothes. The Superdrug deodorant has left marks on my clothes and also on the carpet :rolleyes: I will be writing to Superdrug to complain :(

I have always wondered if the pitrock deodorants work. I was considering buying Lush's version. I might try that instead.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    Kurt Vonnegut
  • Hi

I'm not a regular on os, but wanted to add that I've found the TAWAS Crystal excellent. I paid £4.99 online in February and it doesn't seem to have shrunk at all. Even through the summer it was excellent. Like the pitrok you wet the crystal then rub on. I've tried the pitrok too and this was better imo.

Jx
    Debt at LBM £15231.43:eek: now £11397.43 Coming Down :D
    Snowball says DFD [strike]March[/strike] Feb 2010
    Official DFW Nerd No: 218 ;)

Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • Does anyone use these instead of 'normal' shop bought deodrant?

Are they as effective and do they really save money in the long run?

Thanks

J x
    Official DFW Nerd Club Member No: 286
    Official DFW Long Hauler No: 177
    Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts