Company takeover - personal details

13»

Comments

• usefulmale
    usefulmale Posts: 2,627 Forumite
    Wen you apply for a job in the civil service they require photo ID, either in the form of a valid passport or if no passport then a birth certificate with a photo driving licence. If no driving licence either then you hve to provide a passport sized recent photo which has to be signed on the back by someone who knows you.
    If you can't provide these prior to interview you don't get interviewed.

[FONT=&quot]Verification of Identity[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    This document needs to be used in conjunction with the Civil Service Resourcing – Flowchart of identity verification route in order to ascertain the section applicable to you.

[/FONT]

SECTION ATo allow CS Resourcing to conduct pre-employment checks you must produce the following documentation at your interview;

1 x document from Group 1
    1 x document from Group 2
    – documents marked with an * must be dated within the last 3 months. Selected document must contain current address.
    1 x additional document from Group 1, 2 or 3 –
    Full and short birth certificates are not permitted to be used in conjunction.

Candidates applying for a Home Office post must produce a valid current passport.

Photographic ID
    If you are unable to provide one piece of photographic ID from the groups below then you will need to provide a passport sized photograph of yourself. This will need to be endorsed on the back with the signature of a person of some standing in your community (e.g. a JP, medical practitioner, officer of the armed forces, teacher, lecturer, lawyer, bank manager, civil servant, etc).

The passport photograph will need to be accompanied by a signed statement, completed by the same person, stating the period of time that the individual has known you (this must be a minimum 3 years). The statement must also contain the name, address and contact number of the individual who has endorsed the photo and completed the statement.
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Only original documents will be accepted, photocopies will not be accepted.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]GROUP 1[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]GROUP 2[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]GROUP 3[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](A) Current British Passport[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](D) * Bank, building society or credit card statement.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]UK, Channel Islands or EEA only.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](J) Current photo card driving licence.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Full or provisional.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]UK, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and EU only.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](B) Full UK Birth or Adoption Certificate[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    The certificate must include the name(s) of at least one of your parents or adoptive parents.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot](E) * Original utility bill
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Gas, Water, Electric, Insurance or Internet issued within the last 3 months. UK only.
    Mobile phone bills are not acceptable.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot](K) Current driving licence (old paper version).
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]UK, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and EU only.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](C) Certificates of Registration or Naturalisation as a British Citizen[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](F) Original letter confirming National Insurance Number issued by Government Department
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]P45, P60 (must be dated within the last 12 months)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]UK only.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](L) Marriage certificate
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]UK and Channel Islands only.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot](G) * Current evidence of entitlement to DWP benefits (e.g. Universal Credit)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](M) Civil Partnership certificate[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]UK and Channel Islands only.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot](H) * Council Tax statement [/FONT][FONT=&quot]UK only.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](N) HM Forces identity card[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](I) Mortgage Statement
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]UK or EEA only[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](O) Short UK Birth Certificate[/FONT]

All that is just the Civil Service being awkward and imposing it's own conditions.

Photo ID for checking right to work in the UK is not a requirement.
  • Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I'm interested in the more general aspects of what an employer is entitled to ask.

In the last year my employer has asked people to declare if they have an interest in any of their competitors. What if I work for Tescbury and I have some Sainsco shares in an ISA? Is it my employers business who I invest in?

Just after that we were signed up for a company healthcare scheme (you get money towards glasses and stuff) which was pretty basic. A questionaire went around asking for financial details, who has a mortgage, a car loan, etc. The people who were running the healthcare scheme were coming in to discuss employee's financial health and the company were organising one on one meetings with the reps. Well the meetings were just sales sessions to sell enhanced healthcare and all the financial info collected vanished into the ether. The management did push quite hard to get these financial questionaires filled out without actually making them compulsary but I always wondered if they could have demanded the answers?

Any thoughts anyone?

Darren

PS My right to work docs were my birth certificate. No photo ID required.
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
  • steampowered
    steampowered Posts: 6,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    usefulmale wrote: »
    All that is just the Civil Service being awkward and imposing it's own conditions.

Photo ID for checking right to work in the UK is not a requirement.

The right to work checklist on gov.uk asks employers to check "Are photographs consistent across documents and with the
    person’s appearance?"

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/378926/employers_right_to_work_checklist_november_2014.pdf
  • usefulmale
    usefulmale Posts: 2,627 Forumite
    edited 12 January 2018 at 4:13PM
    The right to work checklist on gov.uk asks employers to check "Are photographs consistent across documents and with the
    person’s appearance?"

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/378926/employers_right_to_work_checklist_november_2014.pdf

That link gives me a 'Page not found' error. I suggest that it is out-of-date. My link is dated from May 2015.

However, it is a reasonable question to ask if someone DOES submit a document with a photo on it.

It does not mean that ONLY documents with photos will be accepted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure