IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Claim form-county court business centre

Options

Comments

• MrsG2711
    MrsG2711 Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    The contract was written Au17 months after the event. It was probably only written as I was demanding to see one and denying its existence
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Get a huge list of costs and send it over to them as you should be able to pick up some cash for this one. Would also suggest that issuing claims on land they have no contract for is unreasonable as defined by 27.14 2(g)

Should have said you send it to Gladstones and the court. Have a look at Peperlini's arguments with regards to costs here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73611836#post73611836
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The parking sign image is showing UKCPM as being members of the BPA AOS (see the roundel logo). If your parking event was December 2016, then this sign is either not the one from the site at the time, or it was showing false information. UKCPM joined the IPC in October 2015.

This might give you some idea as to how serious the display of the incorrect Trade Association can be for a parking company.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/new-generation-parking-management-found.html

Trading Standards might be your next port of call?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • MrsG2711.
    Options
    Thanks you, i did notice this, there is also a photo in their bundle that looks photoshopped.
  • MrsG2711.
    Options
    Although with regards to the sign it does only say member of BPA which I believe is permitted. The approved operator is IAS
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    MrsG2711. wrote: »
    Although with regards to the sign it does only say member of BPA which I believe is permitted. The approved operator is IAS

That sign says they are an AOS member of the BPA. Exactly the same issue as that raised in the NGPM case.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• MrsG2711
    Options
    Umkomass, specsavers moment on my behalf. You are correct signage was incorrect at material time.

There are so many things wrong with their case, it will take all morning to point them out
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,198 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    MrsG2711 wrote: »
    Umkomass, specsavers moment on my behalf. You are correct signage was incorrect at material time.

There are so many things wrong with their case, it will take all morning to point them out
    Not only is the sign incorrect, but the witness has stated, (paragraph 11) that it has been "audited and approved" by the IPC; (but as usual has failed to provide any evidence to support their statement).

PS; 0845 numbers were banned in June 2014.
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    I don’t know how far away you are from the site, but if reasonably close by, I’d be getting some photos of their current signage. If they still show the BPA in a roundel, then it’s straight off to TS.

In fact you should be contacting TS as the PPC is trying to sue you and has signed a Statement of Truth that the sign they have provided as evidence is the correct one at the time of parking event. Take copies of the WS and a copy of the Prankster blog, as well as anything else that you can dig up from internet searches.

• MrsG2711
    Options
    Signage was last changed May 17 and now has IAS. I asked for a maintenance schedule from the housing but was obviously denied. TS will be my next port of call. Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure