Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• 2 days to go until my TV service is cut. Feels like playing chicken a bit but like I've said before I can go without the Sky in all honesty.

Best offer I've had is 50% off the boxsets package with normal priced multiroom - £31/month on a 12 month contract. Told them my biting point is £25 (just needs the multiroom to become half price too :) )
  • shavy65
    shavy65 Posts: 562 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    shavy65 wrote: »
    Also just cancelled over chat, after eventually getting through.
    After a long chat over usage etc I was offered 20% and then after asking to cancel was offered 40%. Went ahead with cancellation. I`m not going any lower than my current 50% off.

Offer been improved on Chat - 50% off. Unfortunately this meant my monthly payment would be up by £5 due to the fact she told me they no longer offer discounts on HD anymore (true?). I explained I didn`t want my payments to increase at all at which point she offered £25 credit. I politely declined.

I`d need £60 credit to keep my monthly payments the same.

The game continues :o
    3.975 kWp System, South facing, 21 degree pitch, 15 x Canadian Solar Elps, Samil Inverter, location NE Scotland (Fraserburgh) Bring on the Sun :beer:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    A chat transcript will absolutely not guarantee anything in the slightest but it's a better starting point than nothing, but that's for in 12 months time
    The point is that you've agreed a 18 month contract, so in 12 months when your deal ends you will have zero leverage to negotiate anything. You won't be able to leave and Sky will have no incentive to offer you further discounts for those additional six months. The person offering to "negotiate" in a year has basically fobbed you off to close the deal!
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    The point is that you've agreed a 18 month contract, so in 12 months when your deal ends you will have zero leverage to negotiate anything. You won't be able to leave and Sky will have no incentive to offer you further discounts for those additional six months. The person offering to "negotiate" in a year has basically fobbed you off to close the deal!

Its obviously now a regular tactic to offer a belter of a 12 month deal but on an 18 month contract.
    When I was phoned yesterday, the agent was prepared to up the discount by including the Sports HD pack in the 60% off deal in return for an 18 month tie in - so I'd save an extra ~ £43 over the first year ....but pay full price for the next 6 months:eek: I don't think so !!!
  • lee111s
    lee111s Posts: 2,988 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    My deal was an 18 month contract with the price fixed for the full term.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    brewerdave wrote: »
    the agent was prepared to up the discount by including the Sports HD pack in the 60% off deal in return for an 18 month tie in - so I'd save an extra ~ £43 over the first year ....but pay full price for the next 6 months:eek: I don't think so !!!
    Yeah, I wouldn't recommend anyone to accept a new 18 month contract unless....
    lee111s wrote: »
    My deal was an 18 month contract with the price fixed for the full term.
    Well done. I hope you have that in writing?
  • Pauleb80
    Pauleb80 Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ydt88 wrote: »
    I originally jumped on the MSE deal from this time last year (complete package for £30 for 12 months) - has anyone managed to keep this deal or get something very similar when calling SKY?

Yes I did. Was in exactly same position, no way was I going to pay the full amount when my MSE deal ended. It wasn't easy though, I phoned and used live chat numerous times. I even gave my notice to cancel. On one call the women laughed at me when I told her what deal I wanted. Eventually I got it using live chat (I guess it's just the luck of the draw as to who you speak to). I even managed to get it on a rolling contract which was an unexpected bonus!
  • We have Sky Q which is due for renewal and they have offered us approx 30% off on 18 month contract. This is still too expensive so given notice to cancel. Before we moved to Q we were given 50% offer via tv. Can anyone tell me where to look on Sky Q to check for offers? Thanks
  • pawlala
    pawlala Posts: 1,416 Forumite
    Via live chat - Offered 50% off for 12 months plus £25 credit, happy with that so took it. Credit added immediately but they said the 50% would take 24-48h to apply which I was dubious about. I will contact them again today to make sure it wasn't just a fob off.

Anyone else had to wait a couple of days for future bills to readjust?
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    pawlala wrote: »
    Via live chat - Offered 50% off for 12 months plus £25 credit, happy with that so took it. Credit added immediately but they said the 50% would take 24-48h to apply which I was dubious about. I will contact them again today to make sure it wasn't just a fob off.

Anyone else had to wait a couple of days for future bills to readjust?

My expected future bills adjusted within a couple of hours;however, the recalculation on the upcoming sub for this month was corrected twice in the days after I took the deal.:rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback