Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• U sure? Even when clicking on that link there`s still no option to chat, just call and "message"
    3.975 kWp System, South facing, 21 degree pitch, 15 x Canadian Solar Elps, Samil Inverter, location NE Scotland (Fraserburgh) Bring on the Sun :beer:
  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,706 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    yes - I get the blue chat button. when clicking It, it tells me all their agents are busy and to wait. Might depend on which options you are selecting.
  • I tried all options. Eventually I noticed the Chat Now button disappears and then re-appears at certain times. Anyway, I managed to see the Chat Available green light but still having no joy getting to speak to anyone.
    3.975 kWp System, South facing, 21 degree pitch, 15 x Canadian Solar Elps, Samil Inverter, location NE Scotland (Fraserburgh) Bring on the Sun :beer:
  • Just cancelled with sky over the chat. They could only offer me £7 off a month on a new 18 month contract which I politely declined. After completing the cancellation process I came out of chat logged into my account and noticed the 30% deal for 12 months. Going to hand on for a week and see if I get anything better. I don’t really want to cancel so may take this if I don’t receive anything further before the end of October!
  • Just signed back up. Sky+HD Box Sets and Cinema for £22.40 per month so 60% discount for 12 months. Rolling contract and £25 credit. No admin fee or any of that rubbish.

Decent agent on online chat who tried to put together a package for SkyQ for me - waived installation fees etc. but closest he could get was £45 or so per month. Said the multiroom charge was a problem for lots of customers.
  • shavy65
    shavy65 Posts: 562 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Also just cancelled over chat, after eventually getting through.
    After a long chat over usage etc I was offered 20% and then after asking to cancel was offered 40%. Went ahead with cancellation. I`m not going any lower than my current 50% off.
  • Wallhart
    Wallhart Posts: 240 Forumite
    edited 30 September 2017 at 2:52PM
    Just signed back up. Sky+HD Box Sets and Cinema for £22.40 per month so 60% discount for 12 months. Rolling contract and £25 credit. No admin fee or any of that rubbish.

Decent agent on online chat who tried to put together a package for SkyQ for me - waived installation fees etc. but closest he could get was £45 or so per month. Said the multiroom charge was a problem for lots of customers.

Same except I also had sports but be careful.

I just had to complain to Sky because the 25 credit wasn't applied. The agent tried to fob me off saying she could not find it agreed on the transcript. As soon as I demanded a copy of the transcript she suddenly found it.

Now have to wait 72hrs for it to be applied
  • shavy65
    shavy65 Posts: 562 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    shavy65 wrote: »
    Also just cancelled over chat, after eventually getting through.
    After a long chat over usage etc I was offered 20% and then after asking to cancel was offered 40%. Went ahead with cancellation. I`m not going any lower than my current 50% off.

Just logged back in and, consistent to what others are getting offered, have an offer of 30% off for 12 months. I`ll sit tight for now!
  • Wallhart wrote: »
    Same except I also had sports but be careful.

I just had to complain to Sky because the 25 credit wasn't applied. The agent tried to fob me off saying she could not find it agreed on the transcript. As soon as I demanded a copy of the transcript she suddenly found it.

Now have to wait 72hrs for it to be applied

Cheers. Will keep an eye on things. It's definitely in the transcript as I pushed it up from £15 to £25!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback