PPI claims after Bankruptcy

hi,

I know there is a sticky on this subject but thought I would ask for your help/advice on this matter. Will try to make this short.

was discharged from bankruptcy 2007 and have now decided to claim PPI, all of these PPI claims go back to before I went bankrupt so all my PPI funds have gone to OR. The PPI refunds are now 30k+ that have gone to the trustee/OR and I am being told different info from my OR about what happens with these funds. Basically I spoke to someone who said that due to funds arriving in my estate letters will go out to all creditors again and then they have 5 weeks to respond, if no-one responds I get the money. Whereas someone else in the same company is saying that there is no time limit on creditors responding and it is very rare funds go back to me.

Not sure what to do seeing as was discharged a long time ago, there is a lot of PPI refund money in the pot and most of the companies on my bankruptcy list 12 years ago have gone bust.

Any advice on how to proceed with this matter and what would other people do in this case?

Comments

• chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Doesn't belong to you, it belongs to the OR
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    You actually have no right to claim from before B.R that vests with your O.R/trustee. One of the papers you signed at the start of B.R informed you of that.
    It is good to hear you did this yourself though because if you had gone through a company they can claim their fees direct from you so you actually end up worse off.
  • JCS1
    JCS1 Posts: 5,288 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You are unlikely to receive any money, OR fees get paid first, then creditors.

How much did you go bankrupt for?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    It is good to hear you did this yourself though because if you had gone through a company they can claim their fees direct from you so you actually end up worse off.
    CMCs are now fully regulated and will refuse point blank to represent anyone making a pre bankruptcy PPI complaint (as long as they are informed, of course).
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    norman1976 wrote: »
    was discharged from bankruptcy 2007 and have now decided to claim PPI
    You were told the position here on this board in 2012:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=55164701
    Nothing has changed, nor will it ever.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories