First home/Forever home!

Options

Comments

• Finchy2018
    Finchy2018 Posts: 508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good luck with your mortgage journey! The SOA is a bit of an estimate right now, I will tweak it once I've tracked my spending for a month.

My commute is about 4 miles so I'm very lucky!
  • debtfreeoneday
    debtfreeoneday Posts: 4,814 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope the cat is ok!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • Finchy2018
    Options
    Thank you! She went in for surgery today and it's now full of beans! Back to her old self. £170 total to get her sorted. I'm so glad we have savings. I don't know what I would have done if we didn't have the money to hand.
  • Finchy2018
    Options
    Another weekend yay! It's looking like my plans for a day trip and gig won't happen. Secretly I am pleased. I want to sort the house out and have a chill out weekend. The conservatory needs some attention. OH is going out I believe, I could join him but I don't really fancy it.

Could do some meal prep, really need to defrost the freezer so need to start eating the contents.

Looking like I will have a decent bit of money this month left over which i will split between overpayments and also paying off the credit card.

Happy weekend folks!
  • Finchy2018
    Options
    I have been very poorly today so have only just got out of bed!

Another month is over! I will be making an OP on the mortgage tomorrow and paying towards cards too.

Noting down all my spending for the month was really helpful and I can see where I can make some positive changes.

Food shopping is going to be my focus this month. I'm sure I can get those spends down.

Hopefully no cats need to see the vets this month!

Looking to try and increase my wages so keeping an eye out on the job market. I love my job but I want to earn more and work from home so if an opportunity comes along I'll go for it!

I'll try and update more this month.
  • twinklie
    twinklie Posts: 5,052 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh my days, food shopping is my downfall too. I've worked hard this month and reduced the bill by 32%. However, the troops are revolting and don't care for some of the cheaper meals I've been creating! Sigh!
    Reduction in daily mortgage interest since October 23 - £0.31 (started new mortgage)
    % of house owned/% of mortgage paid off. December 23 - 32.30%/24.54%
    MFiT-T6 #5
    MFW 2024 #6
    MF Date: Oct 37 May 37
  • Finchy2018
    Options
    I could do so much better - my issue is I like getting my shop delivered, if I went to lidl or Aldi I would save so much, but quite frankly, I don't want to spend my precious time off doing food shops!

That said, I am off Friday so might venture in.

Over payment of £128 paid on the mortgage today.

Still feeling ill, but must force myself to cook dinner tonight, I might do the roast we are duet to have the other day, although, it's so hot still... I suppose I could serve with side salad rather than do the whole shebang.
  • Finchy2018
    Options
    I overspent this weekend. oops. I have car insurance due and I fear this month might end up being a bit tight. But we can manage. I am doing another Sainsbury's shop this week, I will compare at the end of the month with June's spends and see what the savings are.
  • Finchy2018
    Options
    I did some money moving today, and paid £850 off one of my credit cards. Rational behind this is that was for a hotel for our holiday. I have the money in savings, and it makes sense to not pay interest on that part. Total balances for CCs are now £1635.98 (not including my 0% purchases card, which I use for food shops) . Savings can wait until I have paid this down. I want to get rid of it. It will free up so much more that can go into OPs and savings.
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,373 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Aside from cat expenses, you seem to be doing really well. We have a cat and a dog too so I sympathise. Good luck on your journey.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.3K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure