Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JohnLock
    • By JohnLock 29th Jul 18, 7:39 PM
    • 39Posts
    • 5Thanks
    JohnLock
    No payment today
    • 29th Jul 18, 7:39 PM
    No payment today 29th Jul 18 at 7:39 PM
    Amazon was due to pay me on 29th to my Lloyds bank account by bank transfer.

Nothing in my account today.

Will it go it tomorrow, if so what time? i need it ASAP.
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 29th Jul 18, 7:41 PM
    • 93,894 Posts
    • 61,682 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 29th Jul 18, 7:41 PM
    Today is not a working day. No BACs processed on a Sunday.
    Will it go it tomorrow
    Depends on when they sent it and how they sent it. Also depends on your bank or building society account.
    if so what time?
    Depends on when they sent it and how they sent it. Also depends on your bank or building society account.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • JohnLock
    • By JohnLock 29th Jul 18, 7:41 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    JohnLock
    could it go in a few minutes after midnight on 30th then?
    • Willing2Learn
    • By Willing2Learn 29th Jul 18, 7:51 PM
    • 793 Posts
    • 617 Thanks
    Willing2Learn
    • 29th Jul 18, 7:51 PM
    • 29th Jul 18, 7:51 PM
    Originally posted by JohnLock
    That may well happen, if the payment was sent on time. Or within a couple of hours of midnight...
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

• glider3560
    • By glider3560 29th Jul 18, 7:52 PM
    • 3,627 Posts
    • 2,303 Thanks
    glider3560
    • 29th Jul 18, 7:52 PM
    • 29th Jul 18, 7:52 PM
    Unlikely. Most banks do their processing for BACS in the early hours of the morning.

The only exception would be if the sender used Faster Payments and sends it immediately after midnight. Then it should arrive within two hours.

• JohnLock
    • By JohnLock 29th Jul 18, 7:55 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    JohnLock
    • 29th Jul 18, 7:55 PM
    • 29th Jul 18, 7:55 PM
    bloody rediculous that BACS don't go through on sunday's, in these modern globalised times..... banks need to change.. sick of it
    • glider3560
    • By glider3560 29th Jul 18, 7:57 PM
    • 3,627 Posts
    • 2,303 Thanks
    glider3560
    • 29th Jul 18, 7:57 PM
    • 29th Jul 18, 7:57 PM
    bloody rediculous that BACS don't go through on sunday's, in these modern globalised times..... banks need to change.. sick of it
    But then you'd also need payments to leave accounts on weekends too. It would be possible but would need a massive industry-wide change.

With computer systems that are still stuck in the 70s, this may be easier said than done. The recent TSB fiasco will explain the reason banks haven't upgraded their system, rather just "bolted" stuff on top of the old one.

• TheShape
    • By TheShape 29th Jul 18, 8:03 PM
    • 1,369 Posts
    • 1,221 Thanks
    TheShape
    • 29th Jul 18, 8:03 PM
    • 29th Jul 18, 8:03 PM
    Are Amazon your employer, or are you expecting a refund from Amazon?

If Amazon is your employer, your contract should state when you get paid and what happens if that date falls on a weekend.
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 29th Jul 18, 10:31 PM
    • 1,763 Posts
    • 4,397 Thanks
    Zanderman
    • 29th Jul 18, 10:31 PM
    • 29th Jul 18, 10:31 PM

If Amazon is your employer, your contract should state when you get paid and what happens if that date falls on a weekend.
    Originally posted by TheShape
    Amazon pay people for all sorts of things - , traders using amazon pay, traders using amazon marketplace, anyone using amazon affiliate schemes and good old-fashioned royalties for authors of books on Kindle, Createspace etc. Refund and employment seem least likely to me!
    • TheShape
    • By TheShape 30th Jul 18, 12:28 AM
    • 1,369 Posts
    • 1,221 Thanks
    TheShape

Originally posted by TheShape
    Amazon pay people for all sorts of things - , traders using amazon pay, traders using amazon marketplace, anyone using amazon affiliate schemes and good old-fashioned royalties for authors of books on Kindle, Createspace etc. Refund and employment seem least likely to me!
    Originally posted by Zanderman
    You're right, it's easy to forget just how many services Amazon provide.

Would have been more sensible to ask the OP: What were the agreed terms with Amazon?
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 30th Jul 18, 11:22 AM
    • 93,894 Posts
    • 61,682 Thanks
    dunstonh
    BACs is not a modern payment method.

Converting globalised systems is no easy task. Often speed is dictated by the slowest. So, whilst some banks could move to real-time live banking, the whole system has to support it.

Real time banking has been coming since the 80s and hasnt arrived. Globalisation hasn't helped.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • JohnLock
    • By JohnLock 6th Aug 18, 8:34 AM
    • 39 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    JohnLock
    No payment today
    Amazon sent me $3,800 on Saturday from a branch in the USA via direct deposit using BIC and IBAN number

But I checked my Lloyds bank this morning and the money hasn't gone in it yet.

Is this normal and how long will it take?
    Last edited by JohnLock; 06-08-2018 at 8:40 AM.
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 6th Aug 18, 8:43 AM
    • 1,763 Posts
    • 4,397 Thanks
    Zanderman
    Is this a similar issue to your previous thread? Which I assume came good in the end?

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5874813

This time it was over a weekend (again)- perhaps you should wait a little longer before worrying.
    • JohnLock
    • By JohnLock 6th Aug 18, 8:58 AM
    • 39 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    JohnLock
    This is another payment.

But I think banks do not process international payments on a weekend, right?
    • StokieBecks
    • By StokieBecks 6th Aug 18, 9:01 AM
    • 4,565 Posts
    • 27,469 Thanks
    StokieBecks
    Banks don't process any payments over a weekens usually at all.
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 6th Aug 18, 3:37 PM
    • 20,707 Posts
    • 16,534 Thanks
    agrinnall
    There's little chance of it showing up today, I'd say tomorrow is the absolute earliest you could expect to see it, and it might take several days longer than that. I certainly wouldn't be worrying about it before the end of the week.
    • Westie983
    • By Westie983 7th Aug 18, 9:20 AM
    • 4,496 Posts
    • 15,046 Thanks
    Westie983
    Hi,

I have merged both of your threads as they are about the same issue, as you have already had replies on this thread, I will merge your later thread.

Thanks

Westie983
    Save 12k in 2018 #10 Total (£25,000)+£13,000/£12,000 = 108.33%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~ 11 #97 Total (£410) + £40/£500 = 8.00% ( x 11)
    Xmas 2018 £1 a Day #2 Total £62.59/£365 = 17.14%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total £1200/£1000 = 120.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2018 #16 Total (£1500)+-470/£2000 = 51.50%

Total £15,332.59/£15,865 = 96.64%

I'm a Board Guide on Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Debt-Free Wannabe, Disability Money Matters, and Savings & Investments. I'm a volunteer helping the boards run smoothly, but I'm not a moderator, and do not read all posts. If you see an inappropriate/illegal post then email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Ballard
    • By Ballard 7th Aug 18, 11:52 AM
    • 1,995 Posts
    • 1,872 Thanks
    Ballard
    Why is it so ridiculous that banks donít process things at the weekend? If theyíre going to work weekends theyíll need more staff and much more expense. They already process faster payments over the weekend so itís not as if payments cannot be made.

Overseas banks arenít going to start opening at weekends any time soon (particularly Saturdays in Israel where itíll never happen and possibly the same for Arabic banks) so theyíre not going to have international settlement.

By all means have a rant but make it about something worthwhile.
    I got a letter from the government the other day. I opened it and read it. It said they were suckers.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 7th Aug 18, 4:24 PM
    • 93,894 Posts
    • 61,682 Thanks
    dunstonh
    The amount is in dollars. So, it will have to go through routing and conversion.

it would have helped if you had said this on your original post and not mentioned it a week later. We were all thinking BACs but that isnt the case.
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 7th Aug 18, 8:24 PM
    • 20,707 Posts
    • 16,534 Thanks
    agrinnall
    Hi,

I have merged both of your threads as they are about the same issue, as you have already had replies on this thread, I will merge your later thread.

Thanks

Westie983
    Originally posted by Westie983

I'm not sure that they are the same issue, I think it may be two separate payments, one within the UK and one from the USA. If that is so then merging the threads has just caused confusion.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,067Posts Today

7,446Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin