The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What an absolutely lovely morning. The sun is shining and the birds are tweeting away.

I have a few things to do today. I need to finish DHs two shirts and wrap them for tomorrow, It's his big 50th. Then I want to do some decluttering as I did none yesterday.

It's silly really as some of my rooms only need a little work before they are finished, well as finished as they can be. The sitting room just needs the fire surround painted (one day I will have a wood burner or a new fire at least), the paintwork freshened up and the curtains rehung then it's all neat and tidy. It could be finished off in a day really. The hall just needs the paintwork finishing then it's done too. The bedroom needs a quick tidy and the ceiling painted (DH's job, I hate doing that) then that's done. A bit of effort for a few days would make a massive difference.

The front room, sewing/dining room needs a lot of work but I could do lots of it myself. I think it may be my after christmas/winter to spring project, possibly.

The bathroom needs a new basin unit as mine is cracked. A bit of an outlay but I could plumb it in then the bathroom would be ok ish.

DS's room does need a bit of paper restock to his ceiling, it would take minutes, then a massive tidy and clear out would finish it.

Can you see the thread here. So many small, quick jobs would make a hell of a difference. I'm going to do as much as I can in the next few days but I think my first day off with DS back at school and DH at work is going to be 'my big day of little jobs'. :rotfl:

Tomorrow I need to call a tree surgeon. I'm getting a little fearful of the next storm coming along and the big tree crashing through the house. The last storm saw it swinging quite wildly from side to side. Even my neighbour said she stood transfixed thinking any minute it's going to go. Something has to be done, I can risk it through another storm.

Right must get on and get stuff done. Have a lovely day with whatever you are doing.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Thank you cherry. As I said in my previous post I did some things then run out of money and along came debt. I think fifteen years of sitting here thinking oh well, I can't do it is enough and I need to start pulling my finger out to get stuff done. You house does seem to have the same list as mine though.:rotfl:
    Exactly the same for me Parsniphead :o
    Well done on taking action on that tree.
    Have a good day :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,036 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    oh and a new kitchen.

That's on my list too! :rotfl:
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Kitchens needed all around then. :rotfl:

Yesterday was a nice day. It was DH's 50th birthday and we went to the Black Country Living Museum for the day and had their fish and chips for lunch. Well worth the queuing time....yum yum.

I also spent some time last night starting on a dress for me. It's the first thing I have made myself in absolutely ages.

I did not do any decluttering at all. So today I have some catching up to do :)before work tomorrow. :( I think it's going to be one of those days of pottering and seeing what I achieve rather than making long lists. My only target is one bag of rubbish to be thrown/recycled and one bag for the charity shop.

My only other job is getting some name tags for DS's school uniform and doing septembers budget on Everydollar.

I hope you all have a good day whatever you are doing.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Have you contacted that tree surgeon yet? Winter is Coming ;)
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Oops, forgot. Was too busy raging about something. Thanks for the reminder, I have now rung someone.

• parsniphead
    Options
    Morning diary. Just sitting in the garden with a cup of tea. I seem to be rubbish at keeping up with this diary at the moment.

It's been a funny old week and I seem to be struggling to get back into my routine, especially with my change in work day pattern. I now no longer have Fridays off so need to shop on another day. It was going to be Saturday's but I have decided to leave it until Wednesday and just do a tiny top up until then. That will mean I have gone an extra 5 days between big shops which can only be good.

My debt has gone up a bit this month so I really need to refocus on what I'm doing and be more aware of spending. Again it was mostly down to disorganisation and procrastination....what a surprise. But I also realised how much I have slipped into buying takeaways. With my new fitness plan this HAS to stop. One of my spends was a cheap version of a Fitbit thingy. Hopefully it will let me see what I'm doing and visually prompt me to try harder.

Today I have a small top up shop, a visit to a local fun day for DS and I need to upgrade my phone. I will save a good chunk of money doing this and I have put it off for over a month. For some reason I can get the online thing to work so I'm going to have to ring.

I would also like to finish the dress I was making so I have something new to wear. :D

I have also paid off some of my debt towards my challenge, but still have a long way to go. It's going to be tough but I will do it. I do have to say though that I'm really struggling to not withdraw the emergency fund and put that towards debt. I will not do this though. I have learnt from my mistake of not having one in the past.

Right ho, must get on and get the pesky shopping done soon. Boo hiss. Have a good day all. X

• abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Good luck on your August to Xmas challenge you can do it :T
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi PH
    Just popping in to give you cheers and encouragement. :T

Finish your dress. It will make you feel great about yourself, and then you can start on the next new thing to wear - cos you deserve it. X
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Thanks guys.

It's been a strange day. A very busy morning and an afternoon completely lacking oomph. At one point sat in the garden, wrapped in a blanket even though it was sunny, reading. Going to try to rescue the rest of the day and do something productive, like finishing the dress. I have some skirts I want to start on too.

On another note does anyone have a recommendation for a nice moisturiser. I have a combination skin but have never seemed to find the right product. I'm currently using the Oil of Ulay beauty fluid but it's not right.

Oh well, let's try to motivate myself. Have a good night all.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure