All change..... Determined to be solvent, single and successful

Comments

• mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Thank you both for your good wishes - very much appreciated! And yes I am in Manchester and it's still chucking it down!

Just forced myself out for a run - just 4km but it's done and that's a miracle considering the weather ;)

Also had a little browse for holidays .... Might go to Turkey again in the summer if mum can have the dog, it's not usually a problem. Going alone doesn't bother me, done it loads of times before and used to travel abroad extensively for work before I was a teacher. The thought of sun and sleep, reading books and eating nice food is cheering me up on this absolutely yucky bank holiday Monday!
    Think maybe a week as soon as school finishes and then maybe another 5-7 days somewhere later in the summer. I've been saving since last summer for this year (I love my holidays) and so can afford at least one break already with a good few months to go to continue swelling the coffers.
    Food for thought... Will mention it to mum next time I speak to her. I'm sure she'll be all for it as she knows I've had a hard time recently.
  • Moneywhizz
    Moneywhizz Posts: 459 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Good to see you back posting and being so positive after the difficult time you have had. You are doing all the right things as far as dealing with the break up goes, and having so many goals will keep you focused on the future instead of thinking about the past. You don't need to put up with second best, considering all the other things that you have to deal with and you clearly can live an independent, successful and happy life by yourself. Wishing you much happiness in the
    future.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    I admire your dynamism. I will be cheering you on.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    You have new doors opening in front of you, and if you stay positive I'm sure they will lead to good things.

Wishing you the very best of Health and Happiness and subscribing to cheer you on.
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • mumblingtaff
    Money whizz, doingitanyway and chrystal - many thanks for your kind comments. Even the teensiest bit of support makes things easier, thank you all.

Made a nice early slimming world tea and have a large portion of mashed potato left over in the fridge for another day. Was actually really full afterwards - had a few chunks of fresh pineapple for an evening snack, all gone to plan today diet wise.
    Had a soak in the bath reading a book for half an hour and watched Corrie. I've texted about a yoga class tomorrow to see if there's any space left. Thinking about hobbies etc and it may be worth a go. We'll see.....
    Going to watch an hour of mindless telly (probably American crime drama of some sort) and have an early night with my book in bed. Trying to catch up on rest and to look less haggered :)
  • RhiBi
    RhiBi Posts: 702 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi, I just wanted to wish you well, having had breast cancer in 2016, I can empathise with your situation.

You've got lots to look forward too, I think it's always good to have that as otherwise life can become a slog!

Good luck xxxx
    Virtual Sealed Pot No.07
  • Hello Mumblingtaff,

I had a scare two years ago, had quite an impact at the time but it had worn off a bit. You sound very motivated and have made me think about a few things.

I shall be cheering you on, hope that is ok XX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • mumblingtaff
    Hi Rhibi and buffy! Thank you for popping in and sharing your experiences, it's good to know that things can turn out ok.

So this morning I woke up at 5.20, getting up for work time :( was wide awake and so got up and pottered around until it was light.
    I've taken the dog for a 30 min walk because it's thankfully stopped raining!! Hurrah! Then did the uber glamorous job of sorting the bins out, forgot last time and they were overflowing - it's daft how happy I'll feel when they get emptied today ;) Then tidied the kitchen, put the clean washing up away and had a little sort out.

The yoga lady texted me back late last night with confirmation that there are spare places this morning so I'm going. Not sure what to expect but I'll have a go - nothing ventured nothing gained .....
    I'm meeting the two other newbies at running club tonight at 6.30 for today's session - will be exhausted by the end of the day! Good - it will be nice to feel like I've achieved something.

Almost finished my book in bed last night, about 40 pages to go I think so I'll try to get that polished off today so I can start a new book. This one is quite hard going but I'm determined to finish it.
    Might do a bit of marking at some point today - there's a giant supermarket bag of books in the boot of my car and I don't want to leave if all until the last minute - I absolutely hate marking books so if I can force myself to do some now it's a start at least.
    I'll need to do another dog walk later too (fingers crossed that it stays dry).

Other than that no plans for today - better have a bath and make myself presentable.
  • RhiBi
    RhiBi Posts: 702 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning! I hope you enjoy yoga, I've been going for around 8 months and I thoroughly enjoy it! It really helps me de stress and relax! Let me know how you get on! Have a good day xx
    Virtual Sealed Pot No.07
  • mumblingtaff
    RhiBi wrote: »
    Morning! I hope you enjoy yoga, I've been going for around 8 months and I thoroughly enjoy it! It really helps me de stress and relax! Let me know how you get on! Have a good day xx

Back from yoga - I did enjoy it but felt a bit daft at the end when for the last 15 mins we got wrapped in blankets and the lady talked soothingly in the dark. But I did feel very relaxed afterwards and the stretches helped my tight back. I will go back but will have to find a class that's in the evening when I'm back in work. There was only 5 of us so got lots of attention and tuition - good value for £6. :)

Dad rang when I got home - unusual as he normally leaves it to my mum but she was out and he did a sneaky call ;) I know he's worried about me and only wants to help, bless him. He told me that he's got another pain and is concerned about it and is waiting for his next biopsies - he usually pretends that there's nothing wrong so it must be playing on his mind. Will try to go home for a few days soon. It's an epic 4 hour journey in good traffic so will think about the best day to go.
    I've just rearranged my hair cut from this Saturday to next Thursday so the weekend is free if needed.

Going to have a bit of lunch and Hoover the house and then maybe do a bit of work for an hour or two. Need to gather my energy ready for running club.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure