Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2018

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Triker wrote: »
    Resort fees nugget of info.

I found this out after watching a vlog on Vegas yesterday.

Virgin Holidays have a deal with Tropicana and there are no resort fees.

https://www.virginholidays.co.uk/destinations/usa/las-vegas/strip/tropicana-browse

I do not know if this works with any other Virgin Holidays LV Hotels.

My guess is that they have factored the resort fee into their pricing(and more!).
    Virgin IMO are very expensive with their packages - you can do much cheaper with booking your own flights and hotels - despite the resort fees.
  • Brats64
    Brats64 Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    My guess is that they have factored the resort fee into their pricing(and more!).
    Virgin IMO are very expensive with their packages - you can do much cheaper with booking your own flights and hotels - despite the resort fees.

Agree..Virgin packages way overpriced.
  • StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    and soon to be a virgin named hotel in Vegas! (Hard virgin rock hotel! :D:D:D )
    Handy if I can use airmiles there !! :D

I've booked us 3 nights in the Rio when we in 8 weeks, will make a change staying somewhere non MGM! Its the pools that draw us in + wifey likes $5 blackjack tables which am sure the Rio has!
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,520 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just started packing for our trip. Off to Dublin via Birmingham Ryanair tomorrow then flight to Heathrow Tuesday then the normal BA Vegas flight codeshare with AA in Business.

All paid for with some of the travel vouchers we got for self unloading twice in October.
    Then 9 nights at the Platinum.

We've only booked a car for 3 days. Day one Walmart, bank, Joes Crab Shack. Day 2 Vegas Gun Club, M resort lunch and pool.
    Day 3 Anything we might need to travel a bit for.

Gonna use Lyft Line to get to the car lot, last time it was $5 then Lyft for the rest of the trip.
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    same flight setup as you Stoneman, except were in Cattle! :D and I cant pick seats :(:( and if anything like last year, still cant pick seats 24hrs before flight either
  • koalakoala
    koalakoala Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Aw Stoneman what date do you leave the Platinum? We arrive on the 11th at night.
  • stoneman
    koalakoala wrote: »
    Aw Stoneman what date do you leave the Platinum? We arrive on the 11th at night.

We check out on the 12th at silly o'clock. 7am flight to Philly
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    We will be at Platinum from 8th April all being well. Travelling on Thomas Cook because they were cheap.

Only a short trip this time. We were supposed to be there until 20th May, but have had to cut it short this time.

Maybe see you around, stoneman and koalakoala.
  • stoneman
    pebblesmax wrote: »
    We will be at Platinum from 8th April all being well. Travelling on Thomas Cook because they were cheap.

Only a short trip this time. We were supposed to be there until 20th May, but have had to cut it short this time.

Maybe see you around, stoneman and koalakoala.
    We'll be in touch, Stir bar happy hour calls
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    stoneman wrote: »
    We'll be in touch, Stir bar happy hour calls
    Sounds good to me. I wonder if we will end up being neighbours again this time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure