Options

Comments

• cuddlymarm
    cuddlymarm Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi guys
    I’d like to join in too please.
    OH is retired and I work part time. My aim is to stretch what we have as far as possible to allow for travel and a nice lifestyle, while keeping us happy and healthy.
    So good, healthy food and a simple life to allow for the occasional splurge on a holiday.
    Good luck fellow frugallers for 2019.
    Cuddles
    🎄December 🎄 NSDs 11/15
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Having tried this for many years and not done so well (hello Amazon!) I am in debt for a 3rd time so need things to be tight as to get out of it. I really want to change jobs but don't want to move with a debt and would ideally like some savings.

This year did see the making of two raised beds which means I can grow some food (not all) and I really should know all the tricks by now, Almost by accident I made 25 pounds from Swagbucks and I do use cash back when I can.

My initial plan is to have 330 pounds a month and save 170 extra to pay towards the CC.

I will write more later as have just eaten my weight in crackers, turkey and cheese........XXXXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I’d like to join please
    I’m aiming to start saving for retirement so hopefully I can retire a year early than originally planned
  • sunshine81
    sunshine81 Posts: 1,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'd love to join this year please, I have been reading the 2018 thread in preparation.

I have a large amount of debt to repay and a massive target of repaying it in a year. My snowball calculator is done and my budget for January is set.
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Count me in please! Had a bit of a disaster in December which almost completely wiped out my savings and led to me being £1,000 in debt, so I need to pay all that off, get my emergency fund back up and get some more savings going. Luckily I received £200 for Christmas so that'll go in my housey jobs fund.

I also decided to do a couple of challenges next year. One is a 52 week declutter that I found online, the other is to not buy anything new unless it's essential I.e. Food, toiletries, and to replace broken items or if nothing I can beg, borrow or steal will do the job. It's going to be an interesting year!
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,805 as of 04/24
  • Katie_j
    Options
    Please can I join the challenge, I really need to rein it in and need the motivation to stick to it!!
  • cybertortoise
    Options
    Hello. Happy Boxing Day! I hope you've all had a great holiday season so far.

Can I join please? I have downloaded the spreadsheet, thank you for that! I've estimated everything I can't work out, I'm hoping to be under on most categories.We just moved into a new house so I don't know what my utility bills will be yet. I've got a notebook, from my stash, and I'm going to be writing any ideas I have and hints and tips I find here. Thanks.
    Restarted my journey toward financial stability on 1st September 2021 - I will succeed!

Total debt - £39888.13 @ 31.08.21

Current debt - £21270.51 @ 29.12.2023
    Paid to date: £18617.62

DFD: Aiming for end of 2028
  • Frugaldom
    Frugaldom Posts: 6,939 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Nice to see a few old names rejoining for 2019 and to all the new people, welcome to Frugaldom and a new way of spending, or not, as the case may be.

Can I recommend the use of all the links to the previous years' challenges so you can all see how this challenge has progressed over the past 11 years and for those of you hoping to buy houses, there is also the old 'saving to buy a house without a mortgage' challenge. I know it is completely irrelevant to most who can't relovate to cheaper areas but it might help you save those deposits. (We can still buy houses here in Scotland for less than the deposits needed in parts of England and elsewhere. :) )
    I reserve the right not to spend.
    The less I spend, the more I can afford.

Frugal living challenge - living on £4000 in 2024
  • Miss_D_Meanour
    Options
    Good morning everyone

I'd love to join again this year. I'm going to be focusing on 'needs not wants' in the food department - yep this is definitely my downfall. I really want to get out in front of all my bills especially those annual ones and if I can get my food spending under control I think I can do it.

Looking forward to a frugal New Year.
    Take care
    MissDM
    LBM- June 2009 - 15 year plan started, Dec 2018 - time to review & refocus
    SPC12 #33 £210. Xmas 2019 - #15 £365 / £365 ... PAYDBX 2019 #23: £0 / £3,400
    MFW2019 #2: £6,999.67 / £8,000 MFiT-T5 start £95,352.52 - target £40k

No matter how far you go, you always take yourself with you
  • Hello I better join this year. I’m newly single stay at home (ish) mum of two admittedly feral children (4yo and 1yo). I’m not currently in debt (except the mortgage) and I don’t intend my change in circumstances to put me into debt so will need to adjust.

Good luck everyone will sort out budget before new year!
    Sealed pot challenge 2019 = #82
    Jan 2019 Grocery Challenge = £0/£260
    Declutter 2019 items in 2019! = 0/2019
    Frugal living challenge 2019 =
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business