Virgin Broadband/TV instalation

i've agreed to have Virgin installed and have been given a date of 31st December (New Years Eve)
i set up a deal 7 days ago, have eceived confirmation of direct debit via email and post but no information on installation of broadband or TV. The only thing I've received is a Virgin sim which is part of they deal.

Should I be concerned, I rang the call centre in the Philippine's and really struggled to have a proper conversation as the ladies answers seemed scripted.

I also managed to get the activation charge of £35 waived so want confirmation of price agreed in writing as I don't trust Virgin one bit.

One reason i'm moving to them is broadband speed will be 200MB compared to 35MB I currently get which cuts out on a regular basis and cost which is lower than what SKY will be charging me from January

Comments

• dcfc67 wrote: »
    i've agreed to have Virgin installed and have been given a date of 31st December (New Years Eve)
    i set up a deal 7 days ago, have eceived confirmation of direct debit via email and post but no information on installation of broadband or TV. The only thing I've received is a Virgin sim which is part of they deal.

Should I be concerned, I rang the call centre in the Philippine's and really struggled to have a proper conversation as the ladies answers seemed scripted.

I also managed to get the activation charge of £35 waived so want confirmation of price agreed in writing as I don't trust Virgin one bit.

One reason i'm moving to them is broadband speed will be 200MB compared to 35MB I currently get which cuts out on a regular basis and cost which is lower than what SKY will be charging me from January
    I don't trust Virgin one bit

I'm very confused.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    dcfc67 wrote: »

At what time of day have you phoned ?

Depending on the time you call you can get through to a uk call centre.
  • dcfc67 wrote: »
    I don't trust Virgin one bit.
    So why, may I ask, are you going to be a customer of theirs? :eek:

You seem to be wanting things to go wrong, simply so you can profit.

Why have they agreed to waive the activation charge? Why are you calling them fully two weeks before your installation? Why are you mistrustful of the new customer deal you have agreed to?
  • cranford
    cranford Posts: 797 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Why not try to set up your online account at:
    https://my.virginmedia.com/home/index

There is also a separate web site for your Sim and you will need a separate sign in. Follow the mobile link on the site above for this.
    From your account you may be able to see when an engineer is due to come.
    You will also find good advice on the VM help forum and customers and VM staff answer questions posted there although it can take a few days. for a staff member.
    https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/CommunityHubForums

If its the same package that I am on, limitless sim, BT sport, Sky sports and films and two boxes then its a good deal for a year but then the price goes up to £139 and as a new customer they may not give you any discount in year 2.
  • cranford wrote: »
    From your account you may be able to see when an engineer is due to come.
    This doesn't seem to be the OP's problem?
    dcfc67 wrote: »
    New installations do indeed take place on New Year's Eve, it's not a Public Holiday..

Of far more concern is the OP being already so certain that Virgin is untrustworthy ...
  • cranford
    cranford Posts: 797 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    If you open an online account as well as seeing if and engineer has been booked to do the installation in the orders pending you should also see a copy of the contract that details the service, the price and the discounts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure