Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mrs Retired
    • By Mrs Retired 29th Mar 18, 5:32 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Mrs Retired
    Terrys chocolate orange
    • 29th Mar 18, 5:32 AM
    Terrys chocolate orange 29th Mar 18 at 5:32 AM
    I've just bought 3 boxes of Terrys chocolate orange segsations. I noticed that one box was significantly lighter than the other two so I weighed each of them. The weights are 329, 402 nd 419 grams. The box states the weight is 300 grams and I presume that is net of wrapping. It seems to me that the lightest box is short of that mark. Has anybody else experienced this? What can I do? I cannot find any contact details for Terrys or at least none in English. The owner of the company is Carambar. Can anybody help?
Page 1
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 29th Mar 18, 6:33 AM
    • 14,205 Posts
    • 43,869 Thanks
    sarah1972
    • 29th Mar 18, 6:33 AM
    • 29th Mar 18, 6:33 AM
    I've just bought 3 boxes of Terrys chocolate orange segsations. I noticed that one box was significantly lighter than the other two so I weighed each of them. The weights are 329, 402 nd 419 grams. The box states the weight is 300 grams and I presume that is net of wrapping. It seems to me that the lightest box is short of that mark. Has anybody else experienced this? What can I do? I cannot find any contact details for Terrys or at least none in English. The owner of the company is Carambar. Can anybody help?
    Originally posted by Mrs Retired
    A mixed box is 330g on Tesco https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/267325380 but 300g on Cadburys https://www.cadburygiftsdirect.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=segsations so I suspect they have changed the weights/packaging at some point.

If you need to contact Cadburys, have a look here https://www.cadburygiftsdirect.co.uk/faq/

HERE TO HELP
    0845 600 3113
    Mon-Fri 9-5pm, Sat 9-12pm
    Last edited by sarah1972; 29-03-2018 at 6:43 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • prowla
    • By prowla 30th Mar 18, 1:33 PM
    • 10,735 Posts
    • 9,789 Thanks
    prowla
    • 30th Mar 18, 1:33 PM
    • 30th Mar 18, 1:33 PM
    Chocolate shrinkflation is pretty rife - I tend to not buy if I think I'm being ripped off.
    • eschaton
    • By eschaton 30th Mar 18, 5:21 PM
    • 1,913 Posts
    • 1,667 Thanks
    eschaton
    • 30th Mar 18, 5:21 PM
    • 30th Mar 18, 5:21 PM
    Originally posted by Mrs Retired
    I can't see wrappers weighing 102g and 119g so are you also going to complain about the overfilled boxes as well?
    • redfox
    • By redfox 3rd Apr 18, 8:43 AM
    • 14,419 Posts
    • 38,318 Thanks
    redfox
    • 3rd Apr 18, 8:43 AM
    • 3rd Apr 18, 8:43 AM
    while it is easy to wander off-topic that could stop newbies finding the information they want quickly and easily (please see the forum rule) so please keep this thread on topic. If you would like to discuss non-MoneySaving related topics please continue your discussion in The MoneySavers Arms or Discussion Time. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.

The off topic posts have been removed so the thread is back on the original subject.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• we get there
    • By we get there 13th Nov 19, 6:51 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    we get there
    • 13th Nov 19, 6:51 PM
    Terry's chocolate orange
    • 13th Nov 19, 6:51 PM
    I thought i would treat my self to a terry's chocolate orange and last night I opened it and was surprised how light it was and how small they have become the segments are extremely thinner and have been made small too. if they wanted to change it ? They should of change the name too.
    I think a name like Terry's Chocolate Mandarin would be more fitting.
    Last edited by we get there; 14-11-2019 at 3:03 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,837Posts Today

8,026Users online

Martin's Twitter