Our attempt at being MF!!

Options

Comments

• CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Holiday booked! We are off to Devon for a long weekend. Had almost enough in the holiday account to cover it and went through TCB for a free £14!!! Am quite excited about going as am thinking of all the memories the children are going to make.

DH gets paid tomorrow, hopefully have some pennies to overpay. Will also need to make some money to top up the holiday account for spends.

It is so nice to have something to look forward to. :D
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lovely to see you sounding so upbeat Cath
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,940 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I love devon, hope you have a fab time and the weather is good for you all :)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Are you coming my way Cath?
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    CathT wrote: »
    I am going to try and drink more water from now on, prompted by reading MWC diary. I have really dull, dry skin and it really is a no-brainer but somehow really difficult to do when coffee is much more appealing. :D

How's it going Cath?

A long weekend in Devon sounds lovely - are the children looking forward to it? I have happy memories of family holidays in Teignmouth :)
    Mortgage at highest (April 2008): ~£195,000
    Mortgage-free: January 2021
    Retired: June 2022 (186 months early!)
  • CathT
    edited 14 March 2015 at 4:39PM
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

We are off to Exmouth so a bit further South than you Al. We have been to Devon and Cornwall once before. Looks like this will be our regular holiday destination whilst the children are small. Children are really excited especially after seeing photos amd videoes of the resort. I think we will probably go swimming a couple of times a day! It's right on the beach so if the weather is dry at least we can spend some time there. We went to Cornwall for Easter last year and were blessed with fantastic weather. Let's hope for the same! :D

Am expecting a fruit, veg, salad delivery this evening. Having a great amount for £20 which should also encourage healthy eating. It means we have gone slightly over food budget this week but it should even out.

Also filled my car up as was kindly given a 10p off a litre from my mum. Would like to think it will last 2 weeks but am doing a lot of milage at the moment.

Been for my first run in months! Managed 6k which I am delighted with! :j:j

Also done some more decluttering ready for the car boot sale. It really is a slow process but be worth it as long as DH doesn't bring it back home with him. :rotfl:
  • CathT
    Options
    How's it going Cath?

A long weekend in Devon sounds lovely - are the children looking forward to it? I have happy memories of family holidays in Teignmouth :)

Not drinking as much as I should. Have started having a glass with lunch and usually have a pint when I work out. Need to be drinking more though, just need it to form as a habit! Are you feeling better for drinking more?

Children cannot wait!
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My aunt lives at Exmouth. Love the pedal swans and the fabulous playground thats almost on the sea front. There is also an excellent oxfam.
    Will you get to the donkey sanctuary? Its free admission.
  • CathT
    Options
    Alchemilla wrote: »
    My aunt lives at Exmouth. Love the pedal swans and the fabulous playground thats almost on the sea front. There is also an excellent oxfam.
    Will you get to the donkey sanctuary? Its free admission.

I'll look into that, thanks so much :)

Having some peace and quiet as DH is doing the swimming lessons run. Think I'll have a catch up on here and then blitz through some hoovering and mopping whilst the house is empty. DD suggested I do shred but my legs are sore from yesterday and I want to go for another run later! We will also try and play tennis so I need to conserve some energy!

Plan for the rest of the day is relax whilst DH cooks a fab roast. Veg box arrived and there is loads! Great value and all locally grown. Will try and watch a film with the children later too.

Money news? Worked out had about £75 left from this weeks budget so have transferred another £30 to holiday account and paid another £25 off cc. £20 cash for the week is ample and it is surprising how little we can live on when we have goals.
  • CathT
    Options
    Morning.

Have had to do a bit of money shuffling as DH needed petrol yet again, I am sure he must drive everywhere in second gear! :mad: I have suggested a push bike but he works at the top of a very big hill! :rotfl:

9p Tilly tidy made yesterday. £10 cash withdrawn instead of £20 as I've miscalculated somehow! Who? Me? Never! :D

Topped up DD lunch money account to cover two lunch days, that seems a good balance with packed lunches each week.

Scales are showing a loss since the weekend so am hoping the seized up legs were worth the runs I went for.

Have been drinking less coffee but still not managing to drop off to sleep very well, I keep replaying the day at work in my head, especially if it has been a bit challenging. The joys of climbing the ladder!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback