IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Pls help civil enforcement ltd, Northampton claim form

13»

Comments

• Hi-

I received a letter from my local county court last week saying that the claim has been stayed. However it’s given CEL until today to come back with amended draft particulars which they have.

I’m just looking for advice on what to expect now as it is seeming like the are determined to go to court.

Thanks
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,306 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Search the forum for CEL discontinuance and see what might happen.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    No, theyre determined to get as much value out of their filing fee as they can

They;ll make you jump through hoops until they have to pay the hearing fee, then they will discontinue. So you have to do everything right, and they get away weith it, again.
  • Thank you all for all of your advice so far.

I have received a letter from cel saying they will accept reducing the amount to £100 as full and final settlement but also a Notice if Allocation from the court. Now I just do not know where to go from here- to pay £100 just to end this or to continue with the small claims track. The hearing fee is £25 which I have surprising I would have expected it to have been higher.

If the court was to favour cel could they claim all of their costs from me inc travel etc?!

Many thanks!
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 September 2018 at 1:25PM
    Thank you all for all of your advice so far.

I have received a letter from cel saying they will accept reducing the amount to £100 as full and final settlement but also a Notice if Allocation from the court. Now I just do not know where to go from here- to pay £100 just to end this or to continue with the small claims track. The hearing fee is £25 which I have surprising I would have expected it to have been higher.

If the court was to favour cel could they claim all of their costs from me inc travel etc?!

Many thanks!

All depends how brave you are. When these companies
    do this is a final try on to get money from you and they
    are very unsure of their case

CEL are well known for doing this and then discontinue

If you went to court the base charge is £100 and then court
    fees, as you say £25.

When you win, and its a very high percentage that you
    will especially as it's CEL who are known to the courts
    for their rubbish claims
    You can then claim your costs against CEL

It's only a small claims court, hence it's only £25
    Again as it's a small claims court, costs they can claim
    is strictly limited and if they get greedy, the judge
    will knock them down

Be aware though of the dirty tricks they do ...... read this
    https://parking-prankster.blogspot.com/2014/11/civil-enforcement-limited-turn-up-in.html

See what others say
  • i have received the following letter from QDR solicitors, please advise if i should pay this. also if this has been covered somewhere before please direct me to it.

the letter states that it is a formal letter of claim, pursuant to pre-action protocol for debt claims.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Everyone is politely asked not to post until after reading up on this in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum

LBCCAs are covered in #2 of the faq

After studying the FAQ if you still have questions you need to start your own thread and not hijack someone else's like this
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,628 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Johnnybravo123, please start your own thread.

Trying to progress the issues of two people in one thread can only lead to confusion.

Start your own thread by clicking on this blue button:

• Thanks will do
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family