IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Vehicle Control Services

Afternoon PCN Experts.

Looking for some advice, I have read the newbie section, but wanted further clarification on a few things as I am far from being a legal expert.

Last month, went to a South Yorkshire based airport, was meeting a friend nearby, but hadn't been to his new place before so pulled up to use my phone and message him. I did this outside the airport on what I thought was public highway. I didn't see any signs and the road was a dead end.

Today (1 month exactly after "contravention date") I received a PCN from Vehicle Control Services Ltd. but it states "Notice To Driver" instead of NTK - does this make any difference whatsoever? i.e. by responding am I confirming that I was indeed the driver?

The car is leased, however I received the letter directly and nothing from the finance company, do I still need to clarify that all correspondence comes to my address?

VCS are IPC members. It says wait for a NTK under the help section...is this different to the NTD that they send later, or is the NTD my assumed NTK?

If so do I respond immediately using the following template?
Dear Sir/Madam,

Re PCN number:

I appeal and dispute your purported 'parking charge', as the keeper of the vehicle. I deny liability and consider the PCN an absolute disgrace and pure intimidation.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn, nor was there any agreed contract. Your signage terms fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence of the parking charge, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis, which is fully distinguished.

Should you fail to cancel this PCN, I require the following information with your rejection letter:

1. Please provide dated photos of the signs on site, which you contend formed a contract.
2. Please provide all images taken of this vehicle on that day, at the material location.

I will use POPLA (if offered) not the 'IAS' which has been exposed in Parliament as compromised by a conflict of interests with the IPC. The BPA were also heavily criticised and both appeals systems were condemned - hardly surprising for an industry where so-called AOS members admitted in recent years to letting victims 'futilely go through the motions' of appeal and saying on camera 'we make it up sometimes' (BBC Watchdog). Firms of your ilk were unanimously criticised in 2018 as operating an 'outrageous scam' (Hansard 2.2.18).

I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and will also be making a formal complaint about your predatory and aggressive conduct to your client landowner, as well as complaining in writing to my MP and ensuring that they are appraised of the debate where Parliament agreed by way of unanimous conclusion: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists...should not have to put up with this''.

Yours faithfully,

Finally, has anyone else had a similar issue with this company? What is the likely outcome? What are the next steps should they not cancel?

TIA,

Driver.

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Today (1 month exactly after "contravention date") I received a PCN from Vehicle Control Services Ltd. but it states "Notice To Driver" instead of NTK - does this make any difference whatsoever? i.e. by responding am I confirming that I was indeed the driver?

The car is leased, however I received the letter directly and nothing from the finance company, do I still need to clarify that all correspondence comes to my address?
    They have got your data from the lease company who have named you as the lessee/hirer, and VCS have run with that and assumed you were the driver, and hope you will confirm that with a weak appeal!

Use the other template, the one by Edna Basher, lower down the NEWBIES thread first post in the section about leased/company cars.

Edit your post above and get rid of your FINAL WORD!! EEK!!!

No saying who the driver was here! I would also change your username - ask MSE to do that!
    has anyone else had a similar issue with this company?
    All the time, loads of threads, search this sub-forum (NOT the whole of MSE) for VCS Airport as keywords.
    What is the likely outcome?
    They will get BW Legal to sue you, and you will win. Not joking, read some threads.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thanks for the quick reply and advice Coupon-mad. I'll do a little more reading!
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    RHA hasnt come up on here recently but has done in the past and parking prankster has blogged about it , same as JLA where VCS are also an infestation, which gets more press but same scenario

so looking at JLA threads yields more advice

there are also several long term threads on here and on pepipoo forums about JLA, so more grist for the mill
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Thanks for the quick reply and advice Coupon-mad. I'll do a little more reading!

A MUST FOR READING ....

VCS/EXCEL are one of the same, top of the
    scammers list.
    It's BWLegal you need to understand and in general
    the mess they make in court
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5672664&highlight=bwlegal
  • Hi guys,

Ive done some reading. If I could be sure this wouldn't get to court, I think I'd argue the toss, but I run my own business and I can't be affording time out for court cases. For the sake of £60 I think I'm just going to reluctantly pay it and complain.

Thanks for your help and advice.

JAD
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 May 2018 at 12:14PM
    Hi guys,

Ive done some reading. If I could be sure this wouldn't get to court, I think I'd argue the toss, but I run my own business and I can't be affording time out for court cases. For the sake of £60 I think I'm just going to reluctantly pay it and complain.

JAD

With respect .... more fool you if you pay on the back
    of a stupid debt collector letter.

That extra £60 ..... you never owed and is not owed.
    Debt collectors love people like you, easy walk over to
    boost their scammers profits.

It might never go to court and if it gets that far, this forum
    will assist.

Please don't support debt collector scammers, your
    contribution only helps them to attack the elderly
    and young mums etc etc ..... do you want that ?

Especially as these debt collectors talk out of a hole
    where the sun don't shine and are sewer life

PS the only person you can complain to is yourself
    for getting behind the scam
  • Redx
    Hi guys,

JAD

the AIRPORT would have to take this to magistrates court within 6 months , this has never happened

VCS would have to try a court claim about a parking ticket where bylaws apply , in civil court (the wrong court) within 6 years

we do not see any evidence of them doing this for either JLA or RHA because it could ruin their sc@m issuing private charges on bylaws land where a penalty should be issued by the AIRPORT

you are paying sc@mmers for sc@mming

THERE IS LITTLE OR NO CHANCE OF THE AIRPORT TAKING THIS TO A MAGISTRATES COURT WITHIN 6 MONTHS

doesnt happen for train stations or ports either , due to bylaws applying
  • Whilst I hear what you guys are saying (and believe me I really don't want to fund/pay for these scummy people) the risk associated with having to attend court, potential negative impact of credit score should I make a mistake etc.

The actual costs vs risk/time are what concerns me. Not taken any action yet, so i'll give it some more thought.
  • Redx
    no impact on any credit score as long as any judgment is paid within one month

as this is a bylaws issue, the chances of it going to a civil court are almost zero

the chances of the AIRPORT (not VCS) going to civil court (wrong jurisdiction) is almost zero

if you are going to think it over, check the facts, do not assume

its people who ignore a CCJ by a judge for more than one month whose credit rating is affected

worst case scenario , if you lost in court, you pay up on your way out or within 4 weeks , IN FULL (as Martin Lewis often says)
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    you really need to do some more reading ;)

" potential negative impact of credit score should I make a mistake"

you would have to make several mistakes and be foolishly incompetent to do this ...

refuse to go to court , go to court and loose , .....and ... and ...then

refuse to pay ..... for any impact on your credit rating !

Ralph:cool:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure