Joint Present and one from daughter or not

My wife has suggested that we get a laptop between us, and nothing else and we normally get tat and useless rubbish

but should i still get her something little from me, and our baby daughter
2013-Swag bucks £10 Qmee £2.17 App Trailers 1.23 not a huge amount but better than nothing

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You should speak to her, it could end up in tears if you give her something from you and baby and she has nothing little to give you.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • What age is baby daughter? Is this the first christmas? Quite possible she may be getting you something from daughter too!!
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • she will be two next week, i'm not fussed about receiving a present, but my wife likes little things like cards with to wife and to granddad etc on... im only thinking £5-£10
    2013-Swag bucks £10 Qmee £2.17 App Trailers 1.23 not a huge amount but better than nothing
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ask her!..............
  • Mojisola wrote: »
    Ask her!..............

Will do tonight.... cheers
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    My wife has suggested that we get a laptop between us, and nothing else and we normally get tat and useless rubbish

but should i still get her something little from me, and our baby daughter

We've done this quite a few times - one big family present and a token gift for each person. It is nice to have that little present to open on the day.
  • me and DH are doing this for this year, we got a new tv + blue ray player a few weeks ago, so are just getting each other a couple of blu rays (and a big box of chocs too, if DH knows what's good for him lol!)
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Me and hubby buy what we want when we want or need it so Christmas is a small gift only. I buy one from the gs to him as well but only a few pound - pocket money spend
  • mummybearx
    mummybearx Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    Me and DH have done this the last few years, a joint present then a few other ones (Rock band one year, Xbox another year)

Well, I bought a few other ones for him and a few for myself cos I told him to NOT buy me anything! All presents signed from Santa :)

Then he produced a bag of presents he had bought for me, so I ended up with loads :rotfl:
    Can't think of anything smart to put here...
  • well we have decided on a £10 limit....
    a bit of fun and something to open...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure