Strange Direct Debit -BISL BACS ACCOUNT

Comments

• Under the direct debit guarantee scheme, you should be notified in advance of how much and when the money will be taken (and by who). If this doesn't happen, contact your BANK and ask for a full and immediate refund under the direct debit guarantee scheme. The reason in your case is that you have no idea who this is from and have not been notified as required. If the bank try to say it isn't their responsibililty (some do :(:( ) you can report them to BACS who will soon sort them out. Post back if you get problems.

Who are BACS, and why report it to them?
  • i have just seen this on my bank statement and am pleased i came on here. we just took out new car insurance with hsbc and i just expected to see there name but at least i know what its for now. thanks guys:T
  • Thank god for this site. Checked my bank account to find this unknown debit. Checked with bank - after3 weeks came back. New car insurance. Why don't they use a recognised name? Thanks to all.
  • Call 0870 5845074 and speak with them to find out why the money has been deducted. As you can see, this reference is being given to for a number of reasons, including home insurance from various providers.
  • david39
    david39 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    Very strange though. I've not been involved with any direct debit problem but I thought I would try the web site recommended in the Compare the Market TV ad - no, not the car-insurance site, the other one :

comparethemeerkat.com

Yes, there really is one!
    Quite funny really, worth a visit to waste a few moments but I read along the bottom of their home page, the following:

©2009 BISL Limited. comparethemarket.com and comparethemeerkat.com are trading names of BISL Limited registered in England number 3231094 Registered Office Pegasus House, Bakewell Road, Orton Southgate, Peterborough, PE2 6YS authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority

so I thought I would Google BISL to see who they were, and ended up at this forum.

Seems they have their paws, sorry, fingers in many pies
  • dobbie82
    dobbie82 Posts: 321 Forumite
    when i had this it was Post Office insurance, confused me at the time though
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I've just made a car insurance claim through them, and my goodness it was the easiest claim I have ever made, great service :j
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • I've had the same thing - BISL direct debit for £25.80. It turns out it's for Yes car insurance that I've just switched over to. I think I'll go back to a more conventional and traditional insurance company next year - sod saving money - I'd rather have quality of service. Hate to think what'll happen if I need to claim if they have to hide behind some company that doesn't ID itself on people bank statements!
  • BruceyBonus
    BruceyBonus Posts: 1,142 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Assenav wrote: »
    I've had the same thing - BISL direct debit for £25.80. It turns out it's for Yes car insurance that I've just switched over to. I think I'll go back to a more conventional and traditional insurance company next year - sod saving money - I'd rather have quality of service. Hate to think what'll happen if I need to claim if they have to hide behind some company that doesn't ID itself on people bank statements!
    I hardly think it is hidden:
    yesinsurance.co.uk car, home and van insurance is administered by BISL Limited, a leading independent insurance intermediary dealing with selected panels of insurers. Both yesinsurance Services Limited and BISL Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
  • My bank statement is the same and mine is RAC car insurance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure