Been offered the following.

Entertainment - £15
    kids - £1
    HD - £1
    Ultimate on demand - £3
    Complete sports & HD - £17
    Multiscreen - £13

Total - £50

Ultimate on Demand discount expires Jan 2021.

This is an 18 month deal.

Thoughts? Ideally i'd prefer a 12 month, i'm assuming they still do them?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Been offered the following.

Entertainment - £15
    kids - £1
    HD - £1
    Ultimate on demand - £3
    Complete sports & HD - £17
    Multiscreen - £13

Total - £50

Ultimate on Demand discount expires Jan 2021.

This is an 18 month deal.

Thoughts? Ideally i'd prefer a 12 month, i'm assuming they still do them?

A 12 month contract usually entails lower discounts, the offer itself is good IMO.
  • alanamyles
    Options
    Could anyone answer a couple of questions/offer advice before I call/live chat with Sky tomorrow?

We're way out of contract (at least 12 months, possibly 15) and are paying through the nose for our current package:

Box sets: 41.50
    Sky Cinema: 19.00
    HD: 0.00
    Multiroom: 13.00

So £73.50 a month :(

We also pay £12.99 separately for Netflix top package.

I was all set to cancel Sky cinema (we very rarely watch anything) and the multi-room (we have only 1 TV at home), then saw the TV ad for the £25 "entertainment" deal which includes (basic?) netflix. Have also found the £35 deal which includes Cinema and HD.

I'm also considering cancelling altogether and making do with freeview, possibly upgrading to a freesat box after Christmas.

So here's my questions:

- Do Sky offer an option to "rent"/retain the Sky Q box (for recording functionality) for freesat? Would I need to buy a viewing card?
    - Does freesat include Sky Atlantic?
    - Would I have much chance of getting the £25/£35 package as an existing customer (either of which would be less than half of what I'm paying them now). If so, is it worth trying to haggle for extras on top?

I'm (obviously) new to haggling bills like this, so would appreciate any advice to help me reduce the cost and get a better deal :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    alanamyles wrote: »
    Do Sky offer an option to "rent"/retain the Sky Q box (for recording functionality) for freesat?
    No, the box has to be returned to Sky on cancellation of Sky services.
    Does freesat include Sky Atlantic?
    None of the Sky subscription channels are available from Freesat.
    Would I have much chance of getting the £25/£35 package as an existing customer
    Unlikely if that is a new customer offer and certainly not for all the current services you subscribe to. However, you should certainly be offered a substantially reduced price if you give your month-long notice and don't chicken out..

Alternatively, either remove all the channels you don't watch and the Multi-room or cancel altogether.

Do note that Freesat is hardly a major "upgrade" from Freeview...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    No, the box has to be returned to Sky on cancellation of Sky services.

None of the Sky subscription channels are available from Freesat.

Unlikely if that is a new customer offer and certainly not for all the current services you subscribe to. However, you should certainly be offered a substantially reduced price if you give your month-long notice and don't chicken out..

Alternatively, either remove all the channels you don't watch and the Multi-room or cancel altogether.

Do note that Freesat is hardly a major "upgrade" from Freeview...

And also requires a different LNB on the end of the dish since they have a Q system.
  • alanamyles
    Options
    Thank you both for explaining things. I'm happy to forego both the multiroom and sky cinema, so wasn't expecting bells and whistles for the offer price, just basic Sky subscription.

With the "upgrade" I meant a box capable of recording, and was looking at those available as a one-off from Sky, hoping there may be a better selection of channels.

Would it be better to call or livechat?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Would it be better to call or livechat?
    As the best retention deals are only offered to those who cancel (and mean it) there is no advantage to either means of communication. Generous offers to stay will only be offered once you actually cancel by giving your one month notice. No point threatening to cancel, Sky will just call your bluff. Investigate new customer deals from other providers and mention these are attracting you away from Sky.
  • JonnyO
    Options
    I joined Sky just over 18 months ago and got a fairly good deal at the time, Sky Q box, sports, movies, kids, box sets, broadband and anytime calls for just over £70. I was just out of contract and my bill jumped over £20 to £92 a month.

following an online chat (it took nearly 2 hours on and off) where I made it clear I was willing to leave, quoted BT prices and also deals for new Sky customers, I turned down a couple of poor offers before pushing on the Black Friday new customer deals, anyway I eventually got the following:

New Router (with Broadband Boost)
    New Mini Box (multiroom)
    Broadband
    Anytime Calls
    HD
    Sports
    Movies
    Entertainment Pack
    Ultimate on Demand (includes Netflix which i was paying £9 a month for separately)
    For £79.50 a month
    Still a lot of money, but I've now got multiroom, can control kids' access to broadband through an app and don't have to pay an extra £9 for Netflix.

All in all I'm fairly happy.
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options
    Having been a SKY customer for about 15 years, I’ve gave my 30 days notice for the first time on my SKYQ....previously had HD box.

So how does this work, obviously I want to call their bluff....previously I’ve been cut off and then rejoined because the “win back” team have called me, and I would already have the equipment in my household...but as the SKYQ belongs to SKY....how would this work.

Thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Having been a SKY customer for about 15 years, I’ve gave my 30 days notice for the first time on my SKYQ....previously had HD box.

So how does this work, obviously I want to call their bluff....previously I’ve been cut off and then rejoined because the “win back” team have called me, and I would already have the equipment in my household...but as the SKYQ belongs to SKY....how would this work.

Thanks

If the cancellation goes through then they send packaging for the Q box to send back. Check on the box itself and online for offers, whether they contact you directly is anyone's guess.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback