Sashybo - Back Again

Comments

• kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    I'm so sorry that you are having to stress about money sashy - it seems so unfair that there is such a discrepancy between sick pay and maternity pay!
    On the other hand, it's good that there is your average earnings for 13 weeks,and I'm pretty sure your annual leave should be at full pay.

Hope you get to talk to DH about it all and can figure a way to make it all work :)
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    What stands out for me is how unclear they are being in their communications. That's very unfair of them. I'd be trying to get as much in writing now as possible. Just in case.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Thanks again guys, it helps a bit to write down what I'm worrying about. DH just says it will be ok and he'll do some overtime but I don't want him out working all hours, as want him to spend time with the baby too.

Have spoken to one of the girls I know at work about job share and she applied whilst on maternity leave so at least have that info. I'm due a meeting with one of the managers in a couple of weeks as they have to do workplace assessments every 6 weeks, so will ask about annual leave/pay and job share process then.

Just don't want to end up back where we started 10 years ago with a huge amount of debt just to keep up with the bills & no way of paying it. We had to go on a DMP then and don't want to have to do it again.:( We will manage, I'm sure there are things to cut that I've not thought about yet but still don't think we'll be able to afford me taking more than 9 months off with the baby.

Work was ok yesterday although felt like a long day, luckily the storm didn't really affect us too much. Managed to do a couple of surveys. 0nepoll up to £7.60 today, trying to check twice a day seems to be working fairly well.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • Aw lovely husband offering to do the overtime. I know you don't want him to have to,but it's great that you gave that to fall back on.

I wish your work wasn't stressing you out about money. It should just be about exciting baby prep right now!
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • sashybo
    Thanks paws, you're right at least DH has the option of overtime and if he does do it we'll just have to make sure it's not too much.

The money thing has put a bit of a dampener on it all for me as really don't want to be struggling. I'm sure I'll feel better once I've spoken to DH about it properly & we can look at the figures together. At least we have already got quite a few things for the baby & some money put aside for the rest.

Got another small amount of survey money through so have paid £3.50 off loan no 1 today. Have reached payout on another site so have requested £40 from them and am only 10 points or so off £20 from another site. :j I'll mostly use this to try & lower the debt whilst I can as it's extra money.

Planning to get back on the cross trainer this morning, hoping it will cheer me up a bit although I'm not a fan of exercise & would much rather be reading a book on the couch with the cats :rotfl:.

DH has used the second car loan to pay off his car finance & has now sold it for a decent price. He doesn't have a new car yet so we are having to juggle with just mine until at least the middle of next week. A bit tricky as he always has different start & finish times. This morning he got a taxi to the train station & I've got the car to take to work this afternoon. He can then pick up the car on his way home & will pick me up later tonight. Tomorrow I'm going to have to leave early to drop him off & stay a bit later at work to pick him up when he finishes. :cool: No idea what he's planned for Mon & Tues as I think he's working until 1am. :(
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • What an annoying situation Sashybo :( .

I think talking it through with your husband and getting a proper plan in place so you know how you're going to manage, rather than doing it on a wing and a prayer, will really help you feel more positive about it all and prevent the debt getting out of control again.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Hope you can make the car thing work Sashy.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • sashybo
    Thanks TOPM, you're right I'll feel better once I've spoken to DH & know where we are with the figures. Just a natural worrier so it's getting to me a bit atm.

Car juggling working ok at the moment Bob - hope DH gets another car sorted soonish though as it's a pain with our shifts being different.

Managed the cross trainer & a shower yesterday before work so not too bad. My main thing to do today before work is iron all the uniform shirts (7 between myself & DH :eek:).

It's a horrible wet day out there, would love to just chill out on the couch with DH & the cats but it's day 5 of 7 at work today,:( feeling quite tired, just hope it's an easy day and not too stressful.

Must remember to set my alarm for tomorrow as have a morning appointment with the midwife and it's at the time I usually get up on late shifts. :o
  • sashybo
    Managed to get up & out for my midwife appointment this morning - all ok which is always nice to hear. :j Going back in 3 weeks for another check up.

Got all the uniform shirts ironed yesterday before work so one less thing to worry about getting done. Really should clean the bathrooms today but probably won't get round to it.

Nothing much to report, have been busy doing surveys & joined swagbucks via MSE link which gives you a bonus amount of points as long as you make a certain amount within a month. Will give it a go and see if it's worth doing or not.

More car juggling today, think DH will drop me off then use the car to get to the station and I can get it to get home again. Then a taxi home for him as he finishes around 1am and I finish about 11:30.

We're planning a wee trip on the train on Wednesday to go and look at some cars DH is interested in, so fingers crossed he'll find the right one at the right price. Have bought some sweets to keep us going & have some bottled water in the house we can take with us.
  • Glad the MW went OK, you must feel you're getting towards the final furlong now!
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback