Comments

• Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    Couple of survey sites too use

try

opinion outpost.co.uk

isay.com

and global test market

re other tips get topcashback.co.uk loaded onto your phone and anything you buy online go through topcashback.co.uk if you can.

Its amazing whats on there argos, just eat, hungry horace , hmv, utility companies, virgin trains etc etc

I took on a sky policy 4 a LF cashback was 130 quid.
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Tomorrow is pay day, I will pay my first payments in my debt free journey. I will be transferring money to emergency fund, Xmas etc fund, holiday fund and everyday fund for shopping , petrol and entertainment. I have already paid for my holiday this year and have spends, this was my present for Xmas from my parents. I am still eating out of the freezer and store cupboard , just need top up with fresh stuff. The meal planning has been so helpful, I always take my lunch so quite disciplined there. I am challenging myself not to buy any clothes until at least Easter, hope I manage it.

Spending diary is at the ready for tomorrow as well. Everyone has been so friendly with all the hints and tips , my surveys are going well, nectar card is ready , registered with top cash back .

Ready for the challenge , bring it on.
  • System
    Options
    Well payday has arrived , have done all my transfers , just need to update signature. Have about £170 left over , may need to tweak my payments to different accounts. Will wait and see how I go on, determined to keep in my budget and clear my debt.

No credit card used this month , it is now cut up dead and buried. I have started my spending diary , first entry tonight haircut £20 , very lucky to have a relative who is a hairdresser, saves a fortune.
  • System
    Options
    It's amazing how much money you can save on shopping by doing a meal plan and then having a shopping list. I am still eating from my freezer for the third week , will probably get another week out of it. I have tweaked my budget , I forgot to give myself any spends., not that I will be spending much as trying to save another £100 for more holiday spends. My holiday is all paid for just need more spends and taxi to airport money.
    Have started using my spending diary , can already see how useful it is.

Another question if people have money left at the end of the pay month , do they save it or pay of debts ?
  • System
    Options
    I have decided to split any money I have left at the end of the month between cards and savings. Love all the ups and downs on everyone's diaries , makes you feel you aren't alone in your debt busting challenge.
  • boxofpaws
    Options
    Hi Cumbria lass,

Well done so far. Re the leftover money just before payday, I was wondering about this too. My plan is to put it into my contingency fund bank account, and if it's still there after 2 months, pay off a credit card.

I've subscribed
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • System
    Options
    That's a great idea , I have an opticians appt in 2 weeks so will put leftover in emergency fund as you suggest and use it for opticians or later to pass to cc debt if any left.
  • System
    Options
    Not much happening this week, no spend days 3 so far, take lunch to work , go to the gym and come home. Friend been to see me , we stayed in and had a chat.

Have 6 things listed on eBay hoping to sell a couple of them. Looking forward to updating my signature in a few days .
  • System
    Options
    Paid for my washing machines yesterday , bought on buy now pay later it feels good knowing it is mine and not bought on credit card.

Bit of a dilemma now my friend wants to treat me to a weekend away , she has a voucher for a free nights accommodation, we have to pay for breakfast . I have a credit on a cc which we received for delayed train journey that will pay for this. The dilemma is this friend likes to spend money like water , she will be spending spending spending. I just hope I don't cave in and spend as well. I will have to pay for lunch and coffee stops. This I have budgeted for , maybe leave all cards at home and just have cash.

5 NSD so all good , have had 10p in my purse all week lol . Have been doing my surveys on one poll and am up to £8.00 now. Which sites pay out in smaller amounts ?

Off to get ready for work.
  • stoplurking
    Options
    Hi Cumbria lass

I've just read through your diary and you are doing great. You sound really determined to beat that debt and I'm sure you will.

Re your dilemma, I find if I make up my mind in advance as to whether I need anything or not that helps with the random shopping/spending.

Eg I might decide I need a small thing like a lipstick, so I don't find myself spending lots on,say, clothes, because I'm only looking at lipsticks. It helps me anyway. And if your friend is buying lots you can be her personal style adviser for the day, knowing you just need lipstick. Plus it's not Easter yet and you're not buying any new clothes till Easter, right?

If it's a spa-type break decide in advance whether or not you want any treatments so you are not tempted by the whole range on offer when you get there. Have a great time!
    MFIT -T5 #42
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport