World Book Night: one million free books to give away - have you been selected?

Comments

• deeburwell wrote: »
    I just got a reserve list email - problem is, they've allocated my books to a london library and I live in Edinburgh. I've emailed them, but I guess it's too late to get anything now as I have to return the form by Monday :(

You still have time go to the World book websites and ring them.
  • You still have time go to the World book websites and ring them.

I'll give it a try if they don't reply to the email - fingers crossed!
    Recent wins: iPhone 5s, iPad mini, Micro scooter, Commonwealth Games tickets, Magnum of Champagne, Skincare Set, Make up, £250 voucher
    I just got a reserve list email - problem is, they've allocated my books to a london library and I live in Edinburgh. I've emailed them, but I guess it's too late to get anything now as I have to return the form by Monday :(

Same here, I live in Surrey and have my local listed as Cumbria! I have emailed them and shall keep my fingers crossed.
  • Collected mine Friday previous email said I had to write a given number in each book so they could be traced, I haven't got any numbers as get as anyone else
  • DUKE
    DUKE Posts: 7,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I'm supposed to be collecting my books from the library but they ain't told me when yet.
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I'm collecting mine from a local book & model store convenient to my workplace, I phoned them on Friday and they said they'd got them in stock. They also said they were given no choice by their book supplier but to take part, I got a sense of annoyance from them - presumably because I'm giving away books whereas their job is to sell them!
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • DUKE wrote: »
    I'm supposed to be collecting my books from the library but they ain't told me when yet.

You have to ring THEM = they don't ring you.
  • I'm collecting mine from a local book & model store convenient to my workplace, I phoned them on Friday and they said they'd got them in stock. They also said they were given no choice by their book supplier but to take part, I got a sense of annoyance from them - presumably because I'm giving away books whereas their job is to sell them!

Waterstones are embracing the whole thing, but then, think about it, if they give out vouchers you are going to spend in their store and they get good publicity.
    I'll give it a try if they don't reply to the email - fingers crossed!

Just got an email correcting the pick up point to my local library. Still not clear if I will be a giver though, or if it's a reserve reserve reserve list - anyone else? Hopefully I'll hear more before the pick up date of the 4th (like which book!).
    Recent wins: iPhone 5s, iPad mini, Micro scooter, Commonwealth Games tickets, Magnum of Champagne, Skincare Set, Make up, £250 voucher
  • P2TKL
    P2TKL Posts: 1,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 27 February 2011 at 4:27PM
    deeburwell wrote: »
    Just got an email correcting the pick up point to my local library. Still not clear if I will be a giver though, or if it's a reserve reserve reserve list - anyone else? Hopefully I'll hear more before the pick up date of the 4th (like which book!).

I was on the reserve list and as I had heard nothing from them for a while I emailed to ask if all reserves had been notified. They replied saying they were still working through the list. However the next day I received an allocation letter ! Mind you...I have not got my first or second choice but I was prepared for that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure