Budget Wars - A New Hope (with apologies to George Lucas)

Options

Comments

• mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Enjoy your coffee Bob. I suppose your current situation is a bit like when you live like a King for the first week of the month and then bimbling along to the next payday (which I am doing now!). Keep going :D xx
    Mummytogirls x

• mummytogirls
    Options
    Another tea girl here :hello: even enjoyed a chilled breakfast with my tea pot this morning!!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,876 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Don't start a new diary Bobs! It is a record of how far you have come, and when (like, next month or something - fingers crossed for you) you are rolling in the dosh you will inspire others having a hard time.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    How frustrating but some good things which help balance things.

Enjoy the coffee, I'm a tea girl x

Tea for me is an afternoon thing. I need the harsh kick that coffee gives you first thing.
    Enjoy your coffee Bob. I suppose your current situation is a bit like when you live like a King for the first week of the month and then bimbling along to the next payday (which I am doing now!). Keep going :D xx

Yes similar it's true. The way I feel sometimes is like one of those queues where you get a number and wait. And you keep looking at the board but somehow your number is never called. :o
    Another tea girl here :hello: even enjoyed a chilled breakfast with my tea pot this morning!!! xx

Nice!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Bobarella
    Options
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    Don't start a new diary Bobs! It is a record of how far you have come, and when (like, next month or something - fingers crossed for you) you are rolling in the dosh you will inspire others having a hard time.

I wonder sometimes whether the super long diaries are that accessible to new readers though? I know there are some names I see on here and just think I'd love to know more but the stories are years and years long. So is it less helpful to people after a certain point?

• crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I think the same Bob - I don't read massively long diaries either. I started a new one after a year, and may do the same again when I get to my 2 year spot.
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Enjoy your diary and the good thing is with first post being saved at the top you can still get a good idea of how far someone has come since starting it :D
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    I feel like I'm 'butting' in on long diaries and unable to 'catch up' so I tend to read and thank posts and not reply.

That saying I don't think you should start a new diary for that reason along you'll always have your regular followers and friends :)

Runs back to lurking Kingdom :rotfl:
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Hope all Bob xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Bobarella
    Options
    I think the same Bob - I don't read massively long diaries either. I started a new one after a year, and may do the same again when I get to my 2 year spot.

I can't believe it will be two years since your DFD Cat! When Ally said it was 3 for her the other day that just made me think 'How???' and here we all are :)
    Enjoy your diary and the good thing is with first post being saved at the top you can still get a good idea of how far someone has come since starting it :D

Thanks that's nice of you. And true enough I suppose.
    I feel like I'm 'butting' in on long diaries and unable to 'catch up' so I tend to read and thank posts and not reply.

That saying I don't think you should start a new diary for that reason along you'll always have your regular followers and friends :)

Runs back to lurking Kingdom :rotfl:

I hear you. I think that's why I stayed on the threads for so long. New week new chat :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport