Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • crustycob
    • By crustycob 5th May 19, 10:25 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    crustycob
    Any alternatives to DW / Fitness First
    • 5th May 19, 10:25 AM
    Any alternatives to DW / Fitness First 5th May 19 at 10:25 AM
    Hello all

I've been a member of the JJB , now the DW sports for nearly 10 years now. (They've changed their name yet again to Fitness first).

The main reason I've remained a member is that they have branches in pretty much every part of the UK (except Cornwall). So if your out and about you can visit any branch.

I want to know, are there any alternative clubs similar to DW / Fitness First, who have multi branches around the UK?

I know of Banatynes, but there's only a few outlets.

Thanks fot reading.
Page 1
    • bouicca21
    • By bouicca21 30th May 19, 9:26 AM
    • 4,450 Posts
    • 7,125 Thanks
    bouicca21
    • 30th May 19, 9:26 AM
    • 30th May 19, 9:26 AM
    Nuffield and David Lloyd. I know David Lloyd is more expensive than Fitness First and suspect Nuffield will be too.
    • heartbreak_star
    • By heartbreak_star 30th May 19, 1:22 PM
    • 7,957 Posts
    • 17,718 Thanks
    heartbreak_star
    • 30th May 19, 1:22 PM
    • 30th May 19, 1:22 PM
    PureGym, The Gym Group, Anytime Fitness?

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Starmer4PM #Bremainer
    • BrandNewDay
    • By BrandNewDay 31st May 19, 2:54 PM
    • 1,674 Posts
    • 2,340 Thanks
    BrandNewDay
    • 31st May 19, 2:54 PM
    • 31st May 19, 2:54 PM
    PureGym is the biggest chain, and The Gym - which is literally identical to PureGym in terms of their equipment and way of doing things - is nearly as ubiquitous. They're very cheap but they don't have pools/saunas.

You may want to look into what's available on PayAsYouGym (now called Hussle), which allows you to buy passes to individual gyms or monthly access to all the gyms all over the country.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,222Posts Today

7,157Users online

Martin's Twitter