Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JEN22
    • By JEN22 19th Apr 19, 2:47 PM
    • 602Posts
    • 108Thanks
    JEN22
    Ladies Trainers
    • 19th Apr 19, 2:47 PM
    Ladies Trainers 19th Apr 19 at 2:47 PM
    Can anyone recommend the best place to buy running trainers and also a good stability trainer please
Page 1
    • MovingForwards
    • By MovingForwards 19th Apr 19, 3:20 PM
    • 1,625 Posts
    • 1,878 Thanks
    MovingForwards
    • 19th Apr 19, 3:20 PM
    • 19th Apr 19, 3:20 PM
    Where abouts in the UK are you as I assume you want to try them on before you buy?
    • PurplePower
    • By PurplePower 19th Apr 19, 10:08 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    PurplePower
    • 19th Apr 19, 10:08 PM
    • 19th Apr 19, 10:08 PM
    Hi, have you already had your gait analysed - I guess yes as you're looking for a support shoe. I'm a recent convert to Brooks, their Adrenaline GTS 16 or 17 are a great support shoe. Lots of ladies in our running club where them. There are lots of bargains to be had for them at the moment - check out Sportsshoes.com for instance (bear in mind you have to pay return postage). I'd always recommend visiting your local running shop as you'll be able to try on lots of pairs and test them on a treadmill. Also if you have a Decathlon locally I've had good reports on their own brand.
    • Ms Chocaholic
    • By Ms Chocaholic 19th Apr 19, 10:09 PM
    • 10,426 Posts
    • 63,862 Thanks
    Ms Chocaholic
    • 19th Apr 19, 10:09 PM
    • 19th Apr 19, 10:09 PM
    I had gait analysis at Sweatshop to ensure I had the correct trainers for my running style and I would recommend it. I too bought Brooks (Launch) and am very happy with them.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till The End

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
    • dArla
    • By dArla 22nd Apr 19, 12:36 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    dArla
    • 22nd Apr 19, 12:36 PM
    • 22nd Apr 19, 12:36 PM
    I bought mine in NewBalance store
    • MallyGirl
    • By MallyGirl 24th Apr 19, 4:57 PM
    • 3,819 Posts
    • 9,239 Thanks
    MallyGirl
    • 24th Apr 19, 4:57 PM
    • 24th Apr 19, 4:57 PM
    I had gait analysis at Sweatshop to ensure I had the correct trainers for my running style and I would recommend it. I too bought Brooks (Launch) and am very happy with them.
    Originally posted by Ms Chocaholic
    I did the same although I got Brooks Adrenaline GTS. I have since found them hard to get in my size - I wear a UK 10 ladies - so have switched to Asics gel keyano which are equally good for me. I have long, skinny feet and I overpronate.
    With the Brooks I also used a heat moulded insole but with the Asics I don't need to.
    • TomokoAdhami
    • By TomokoAdhami 1st May 19, 7:53 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    TomokoAdhami
    • 1st May 19, 7:53 PM
    • 1st May 19, 7:53 PM
    Here are some good running trainers:

Nike Pegasus 35 Women’s Running Shoe
    Asics Gel Nimbus
    Adidas Solarboost
    New Balance 1080v8
    Nike Air Zoom Pegasus Turbo
    Brooks Ghost 11

However, it is better to check the reviews randomly and make a buying decision on the basis of your needs.
    • Manxman in exile
    • By Manxman in exile 4th May 19, 9:20 AM
    • 2,650 Posts
    • 2,322 Thanks
    Manxman in exile
    • 4th May 19, 9:20 AM
    • 4th May 19, 9:20 AM
    I used to wear support/anti-pronation running shoes, but since I got a pair of prescription orthotics I only need neutral/cushioned shoes, which would have caused me severe problems before the orthotics. Worth thinking about if you do a lot of running. (Much more comfortable than support/anti-pronation shoes).

I buy my running shoes online from StartFitness in Newcastle but also keep an eye on the RunnersNeed website. After a lot of trial and error in stores, I know exactly which shoe I want and get the same make and model each time. (Usually go for the previous year's version as cheaper! StartFitness always have good deals).

I stick to ASICS shoes as the shape of their last seems to fit my foot best. (Different makes tend to have different shaped lasts which is one of the reasons what suits one person may not suit another). Before I got the orthotics, Brooks would always have been one of the brands I'd consider first. But I'm aware there a lot of new brands out there, but I don't know much about them.
    • Manxman in exile
    • By Manxman in exile 4th May 19, 9:26 AM
    • 2,650 Posts
    • 2,322 Thanks
    Manxman in exile
    • 4th May 19, 9:26 AM
    • 4th May 19, 9:26 AM
    Here are some good running trainers:

Nike Pegasus 35 Women’s Running Shoe
    Asics Gel Nimbus
    Adidas Solarboost
    New Balance 1080v8
    Nike Air Zoom Pegasus Turbo
    Brooks Ghost 11

However, it is better to check the reviews randomly and make a buying decision on the basis of your needs.
    Originally posted by TomokoAdhami

The Nimbus is a great shoe (although I use the Cumulus) and has great cushioning, but I'm not sure I would class it (or the Cumulus) as a "support" shoe. Don't know about the others.
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 19th May 19, 9:31 AM
    • 8,023 Posts
    • 53,592 Thanks
    kerri gt
    You really need to try trainers on and go with what feels comfortable for you. But fwiw I do mildly overpronate when tired (despite a running shop telling me I ran neutral) and am currently wearing Brooks Ravenna - which are less of a support shoe than the asics gel kayano but I feel fit my slim feet well.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,256Posts Today

6,043Users online

Martin's Twitter