Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 20th Feb 19, 3:39 PM
    • 117Posts
    • 32Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Enstroga
    • 20th Feb 19, 3:39 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Enstroga 20th Feb 19 at 3:39 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Enstroga

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 1
    • alan888
    • By alan888 5th Mar 19, 12:09 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    alan888
    • 5th Mar 19, 12:09 PM
    • 5th Mar 19, 12:09 PM
    Keep clear of enstroga energy. No replies to letters,calls,e mails. Recorded delivery says gone away. Avoid
    • molerat
    • By molerat 5th Mar 19, 2:19 PM
    • 20,878 Posts
    • 15,157 Thanks
    molerat
    • 5th Mar 19, 2:19 PM
    • 5th Mar 19, 2:19 PM
    What address did you use - Alexandra Street or the old St Ann's Hill Rd ?

https://www.enstroga.co.uk/legal/

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/list-all-electricity-licensees-registered-or-service-addresses
    Last edited by molerat; 05-03-2019 at 2:29 PM.
    https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/give-support/donate-now/
    • rob savage
    • By rob savage 7th Mar 19, 10:02 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rob savage
    • 7th Mar 19, 10:02 AM
    • 7th Mar 19, 10:02 AM
    i went to enstroga in Oct 18. Fine at first but i have moved house, of which i informed them, but since then i have been unable to contact them. i have tried to ring over a dozen times, sent 6 emails and filled out the contact page twice on their website. On top of this my online acct with them has never been updated apart from showing the money i have paid in so i have no idea how much electricity i have even used. Customer service is litterally non existant.
    • Ponyman
    • By Ponyman 2nd Apr 19, 11:01 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Ponyman
    • 2nd Apr 19, 11:01 AM
    • 2nd Apr 19, 11:01 AM
    I have been with enstroga for about 6 months and gone through the “unable to contact” issues. In the last month they seem to have woken up as I’ve had a request for a meter reading and a statement. This morning I had an email saying they were going to take a top up payment of £125 in 3 days! I phoned them not expecting an answer but they answered in about 2 minutes. I told them that I would expect to owe them money at this time of year and apart from that the direct debit guarantee requires 10 working days notice of change. To my amazement they said they would cancel the payment!
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 2nd Apr 19, 12:40 PM
    • 4,535 Posts
    • 2,900 Thanks
    matelodave
    • 2nd Apr 19, 12:40 PM
    • 2nd Apr 19, 12:40 PM
    Do they still exist?
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
    • continuity
    • By continuity 16th May 19, 6:54 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    continuity
    • 16th May 19, 6:54 AM
    • 16th May 19, 6:54 AM
    It's hard to say. They still take money from my bank account but no one ever responds to email or picks up the phone so perhaps all that's left is one lonely computer running the monthly billing cycle.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 16th May 19, 7:15 AM
    • 5,610 Posts
    • 2,493 Thanks
    brewerdave
    • 16th May 19, 7:15 AM
    • 16th May 19, 7:15 AM
    Do they still exist?
    Originally posted by matelodave

I thought they had closed to new customers as couldn't remember seeing them on recent comparison site visits, but when I checked this a.m I got a quote about 3 pages down ...but well over £200pa more then I'm currently paying
    • paranoidandroid
    • By paranoidandroid 20th May 19, 1:51 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    paranoidandroid
    • 20th May 19, 1:51 PM
    They ended up OK!
    • 20th May 19, 1:51 PM
    Contacting Enstroga was a big problem so I gave up bothering, but it has got better.
    I recently got through to them on the second attempt (it used to take days) and spoke with a very helpful representative about the new 2019 Winter Warmer deal. I would stay with them despite their lack of billing etc.etc. but I have to go elsewhere as the new price rise now places them as noncompetitive.

I received my first actual bill after 9 months and it was correct to the penny. And in the whole year I will have saved nearly £500 over British Gas that I transferred from.

I trust the transfer away from Enstroga goes well; in any case I'll be sure to comment here.

It's a pity about the price rise!
    • TW1234
    • By TW1234 20th May 19, 7:41 PM
    • 164 Posts
    • 139 Thanks
    TW1234
    Enstroga were a real problem; almost impossible to contact, although their operatives were polite (albeit ineffective) on the two occasions I did manage to do so.
    However, they did comply quickly and in full with a decision obtained from the Omvbudsman.

See my thread https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5870569
    • kez123moz
    • By kez123moz 24th May 19, 9:51 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kez123moz
    winter warmer rates
    Hi can anyone give me their winter warmer rates please, have finally won an arguement with enstroga & got back dated to Jan 1st but the rates still seem high, 12.31per unit & 23.29 standing charge

Thanks
    • ragdoll62
    • By ragdoll62 24th May 19, 7:10 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ragdoll62
    Avoid Enstroga At All Costs
    Our switch away from Enstroga still ongoing as Enstroga keep blocking after inheriting this supplier on moving house. Still trying to switch away 6 weeks later.

Customer service awful - do not reply, donít listen and some staff have been rude. Tried to take 120 after a week of being in new house... lucky we noticed and stopped direct debit. Logged a formal complaint. Reviews are awful on various different sites. Avoid at all costs.
    • Billyoo
    • By Billyoo 30th May 19, 3:41 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Billyoo
    No reply
    Different price tariff quoted online compared to the MSE site. Chased to clarify online over a period of time. As they never responded, I ended up forgetting about them & switched to difference supplier who would talk to me! Absolute waste of time. Not sure how they actually get customers.
    • Shavuot
    • By Shavuot 30th May 19, 6:17 PM
    • 125 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    Shavuot
    Different price tariff quoted online compared to the MSE site. Chased to clarify online over a period of time. As they never responded, I ended up forgetting about them & switched to difference supplier who would talk to me! Absolute waste of time. Not sure how they actually get customers.
    Originally posted by Billyoo
    Perhaps some people just go direct to the supplier, and don't waste their time with 3rd party sites that don't actually supply you any energy?
    • dazzmondo
    • By dazzmondo 18th Jun 19, 11:16 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dazzmondo
    Worst company I have ever dealt with!
    Absolutely shocking company. Avoid at all costs. Despite providing monthly meter readings, they are showing that I am massively in credit, direct debits are being taken but not logged against my usage. Raised with the company but no response despite repeated attempts. I raised with The Ombudsman Service, to which they said I had not raised a formal complaints so still have had no response. Company not responded since and account still showing as over 600 in credit but I don't know if I am in credit or debit. Total shambles of a company.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,023Posts Today

7,885Users online

Martin's Twitter