Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 6:20 AM
    • 8,673Posts
    • 28,901Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 6:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 6:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 549
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 24th Jun 19, 5:43 PM
    • 6,439 Posts
    • 20,780 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    AEs.
    Again!
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 24th Jun 19, 5:45 PM
    • 17,613 Posts
    • 37,600 Thanks
    Sleazy
    AEs.
    Again!
    Originally posted by Jackmydad
    Are they the same poster?
    They seem to 'thank' each other a lot ...
    Weekly Distance Walked 27 km / Total For Year 756 km
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 24th Jun 19, 5:55 PM
    • 6,439 Posts
    • 20,780 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    Are they the same poster?
    They seem to 'thank' each other a lot ...
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    Are we Sleazy?
    Now you've got me confused. . .
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 24th Jun 19, 6:05 PM
    • 17,613 Posts
    • 37,600 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Are we Sleazy?
    Now you've got me confused. . .
    Doesn't take much to confuse me ... might roll out my own two again for some 'fun' ... watch this space
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 24th Jun 19, 6:13 PM
    • 17,613 Posts
    • 37,600 Thanks
    Sleazy
    House still smells damp and we have windows open all the time.
    • elsien
    • By elsien 24th Jun 19, 9:18 PM
    • 19,369 Posts
    • 49,161 Thanks
    elsien
    The technology in my house which is ceasing to function in a sort of domino effect.
    As in, the desktop is on its way out, never mind there's always the laptop.......oh dear, the laptop isn't charging, where's the smartphone....the app needs updating - phone doesn't support the latest iOS upgrade.
    Etc. If I vanish completely, you'll know why.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 24th Jun 19, 10:53 PM
    • 5,228 Posts
    • 10,920 Thanks
    minimad1970
    The amount of inane tripe on here today is ridiculous.
    • tealady
    • By tealady 25th Jun 19, 6:34 AM
    • 3,088 Posts
    • 3,994 Thanks
    tealady
    It was too hot last night so didn't sleep well.
    Had windows open and a flipping blackbird was giving it large at 4.30. I like birds, but just wish they would have a lie in occasionally.
    Proud to be an MSE nerd
    Judge people by their achievements, not by their mistakes
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 25th Jun 19, 7:24 AM
    • 17,613 Posts
    • 37,600 Thanks
    Sleazy
    It was too hot last night so didn't sleep well.
    Had windows open and a flipping blackbird was giving it large at 4.30. I like birds, but just wish they would have a lie in occasionally.
    Originally posted by tealady
    My favourite 'trick' is not sleeping well, alarm goes around 5 for me to make Mrs Sleazy a green tea, I have a shower, then I fall asleep

Of course at 7, she wants a lift to work ..... so no peace for the wicked!
    • colinw
    • By colinw 25th Jun 19, 2:52 PM
    • 55,471 Posts
    • 152,867 Thanks
    colinw
    The utter predictability of England cricket team being hopeless against Australia in the Cricket World Cup
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 25th Jun 19, 4:25 PM
    • 6,439 Posts
    • 20,780 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    Cricket?
    Is this some sort of insect racing game?

I expect the Aussies have got bigger crickets. . .
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 25th Jun 19, 5:29 PM
    • 28,834 Posts
    • 16,018 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    The local council deploying any tactic they can think of to do people with health conditions out of their bus pass. They only issue them for a year instead of 5 years. They then require you to renew 3 months in advance effectively meaning they only last for 9 months. For me i had to call them and then they tell me they wont contact my gp anymore and I have to spend £30 getting proof from my gp myself. Then I have to call them again. So that will be another call where i am kept on hold for ages costing me a fortune. I think anyone who can afford bus fares who qualifies would say stuff it instead of going through all the hassle. This is no doubt what the council hopes people will do.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 25th Jun 19, 6:35 PM
    • 55,471 Posts
    • 152,867 Thanks
    colinw
    Cricket?
    Is this some sort of insect racing game?

I expect the Aussies have got bigger crickets. . .
    I missed a chance to use the word hapless which sums it up
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 25th Jun 19, 7:49 PM
    • 3,348 Posts
    • 4,751 Thanks
    ceredigion
    The local council deploying any tactic they can think of to do people with health conditions out of their bus pass. They only issue them for a year instead of 5 years. They then require you to renew 3 months in advance effectively meaning they only last for 9 months. For me i had to call them and then they tell me they wont contact my gp anymore and I have to spend £30 getting proof from my gp myself. Then I have to call them again. So that will be another call where i am kept on hold for ages costing me a fortune. I think anyone who can afford bus fares who qualifies would say stuff it instead of going through all the hassle. This is no doubt what the council hopes people will do.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    I fall to see why other people should de expected to fund the transport costs of throws people with "health conditions"
    • colinw
    • By colinw 25th Jun 19, 8:11 PM
    • 55,471 Posts
    • 152,867 Thanks
    colinw
    I fall to see why other people should de expected to fund the transport costs of throws people with "health conditions"
    Originally posted by ceredigion
    Well this “other people” is quite happy to pay taxes to help people who need more help
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 25th Jun 19, 8:46 PM
    • 3,348 Posts
    • 4,751 Thanks
    ceredigion
    Well this “other people” is quite happy to pay taxes to help people who need more help
    Originally posted by colinw
    Well actually so is this tax payer. To a certain degree I was playing devils advocate with no intent to offend. How ever my toil is a finite resource compounded by the fact that my half yearly tax demand landed on my desk yesterday.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 25th Jun 19, 9:48 PM
    • 28,834 Posts
    • 16,018 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Because the law says they qualify.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 25th Jun 19, 9:52 PM
    • 28,834 Posts
    • 16,018 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Well actually so is this tax payer. To a certain degree I was playing devils advocate with no intent to offend. How ever my toil is a finite resource compounded by the fact that my half yearly tax demand landed on my desk yesterday.
    The whole system is illogical. A wealthy pensioner gets a bus pass by default while somebody with a health condition who has a higher chance of being on a low income can be robbed of their bus pass even though the rules say they qualify. Or at least they are subjected to hassle and stress to get it.
    • tealady
    • By tealady 26th Jun 19, 5:00 AM
    • 3,088 Posts
    • 3,994 Thanks
    tealady
    Had someone get on the bus who moaned at the driver for being late.
    They then spent ages rummaging for the means to pay, making the bus even later!.
    Oh the irony.
    People, the time to get your money, pass or phone out is when you see the bus coming, not when you are facing the driver.
    Proud to be an MSE nerd
    Judge people by their achievements, not by their mistakes
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 26th Jun 19, 5:22 AM
    • 17,613 Posts
    • 37,600 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Had someone get on the bus who moaned at the driver for being late.
    They then spent ages rummaging for the means to pay, making the bus even later!.
    Oh the irony.
    People, the time to get your money, pass or phone out is when you see the bus coming, not when you are facing the driver.
    Originally posted by tealady
    On a similar line of thought ... people in the supermarket queue who do the same thing

Find money ...
    Find loyalty card ...
    Sift through pile of coupons to see which ones they can use ...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,050Posts Today

6,465Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MartinSLewis: I sued Facebook for defamation over scam ads & settled in return for 2 things that LAUNCH TODAY -1on1 scam help at new C?

• Bizzare German twitter mash article has called me "MARTIN LEWIS, der Geldsparexperte," Any german speakers out the? https://t.co/1tXEzCe4Y3

• Have you ever been scammed? If so did you keep it quiet? If not would you keep it quiet or tell people? Please vot? https://t.co/68bkmbT9gc

• Follow Martin