Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • YaoSong
    • By YaoSong 15th Jan 16, 10:26 AM
    • 37Posts
    • 26Thanks
    YaoSong
    Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread
    • 15th Jan 16, 10:26 AM
    Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread 15th Jan 16 at 10:26 AM
    Hi everyone,

With the number of Vodafone topics and posts within specific threads (Vodafone complaints) we are providing the standard process for submitting feedback, questions, and complaints to the Vodafone WRT (Web Forum Team). After that there are some additional routes you can take to escalate and progress your case. We do not guarantee you will get your required outcome but from experience the below advice has been very productive for many users and Vodafone customers on this forum.

- To submit a question or complaint please use the 'Contact Us' form - http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-form/index.htm

- To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

- As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. You can post it on the forum and someone such as Lee (Vodafone) will check it has been received. It can take at least 2 - 5 days for a response from Vodafone.

Escalation

Alternative options to this are using the experience and knowledge of those on the forum, but more often than not the above WRT process will be the most appropriate and constructive approach. However, there are some methods which can be employed for escalation if you have tried the above and feel your engagement is reaching a deadlock scenario:

1. Contacting Ofcom - http://www.ofcom.org.uk/about/what-is-ofcom/contact-us/
    Register your complaint with Ofcom so as a regulator they can record complaints against Vodafone (and others). This will also provide you with a reference to let Vodafone know you have informed them.

2. Contacting the Ombudsman - http://www.ombudsman-services.org/what-are-you-complaining-about-os.html
    This is an arbitration service for handling disputes and they will investigate your complaint with the objective of reaching an amicable resolution between you and Vodafone.

As a rule of thumb and for most cases, these will only be available to those who have been in contact with Vodafone for approximately 8 weeks although if you are getting no response to constructive communication and/or conversations have reached deadlock you can start these proceedings early.

The importance of EVIDENCE

• Log every conversation you have with summaries, names of the agents, and dates and times
    • Record your conversations where possible
      • The resolver app can do this, but other smartphone apps can also be utilised
      • If you decide to record the conversation you must notify the agent at the start of the call
    • Request a summarising email from the agent at the end of your call
    • It may be difficult, but try to remain calm and clear, i.e. firm, about the scenario. The agent is human and deals with many unhappy users so putting their back up will not help your case
    • Agree at least one action at the end of the call. This can be the summarising email, a response within an agreed period. This will provide timescales and constructive progress for your case.

If you reach escalation with one of the telecom monitoring bodies then all the above evidence and logs will not only save you time, but avoid any doubt or missed key events during your engagement with Vodafone.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Yao
    Last edited by YaoSong; 20-01-2016 at 8:36 AM.
Page 68
    • fpereira
    • By fpereira 13th Apr 19, 8:13 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    fpereira
    Hi,

I would like to voice my grievance in reporting a complaint on Vodafone helpline 191 when I was asked by the store representative to call 191 for change in my Date of Birth details.

When we said we were told to call 191 to change the above, Vodafone responded by stating we need to go to a store which we are willing to do so. We did want to report so the person who advised us at the store should have been trained which they did not want to raise as a complaint. Interesting indeed.

Francis
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 14th Apr 19, 6:57 AM
    • 8,170 Posts
    • 2,799 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    Hi,

I would like to voice my grievance in reporting a complaint on Vodafone helpline 191 when I was asked by the store representative to call 191 for change in my Date of Birth details.

When we said we were told to call 191 to change the above, Vodafone responded by stating we need to go to a store which we are willing to do so. We did want to report so the person who advised us at the store should have been trained which they did not want to raise as a complaint. Interesting indeed.

Francis
    Originally posted by fpereira
    Vodafone staff are extremely well trained. They are versed most carefully in 1) How to fob people off 2) Giving misinformation 3) Making promises they have no intention of keeping 4) Passing you around from one person and/or department to another 5) Making it impossible to speak with a manager 6) Persuading people to buy what they don't need and then ensuring that what they bought isn't what they get. Higher levels of achievement are the equivalent of a Masters degree and involve maladministration and utter incompetence at the highest levels. Special awards are given for treating customers with complete contempt and producing the funniest stories of customer misery at the Christmas party.

Your experience is only the first stage. Making a complaint (if you break through the stone walls erected to prevent that) merely opens the door into more hours of endless fun playing pass the parcel, hide and seek and charades.
    Last edited by mobilejunkie; 14-04-2019 at 4:45 PM.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 16th Apr 19, 7:09 AM
    • 8,170 Posts
    • 2,799 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    I see you found the Vodafone complaints thread.

You could actually read this thread (i.e. that's what it's for) and follow the instructions accordingly. They are repeated oft, though I haven't seen any signs of life from the WRT for quite some time. Apart from that, the answer's the same:-

1) Sue IF you have real proof (Vodafone said this or that isn't proof - they lie).

2) Check your bank statements at least monthly (I have my own business, have 5 current accounts and loads of credit cards and check the main one daily and the rest at least monthly).

3) Get a decent accountant if you can't do it yourself.
    Last edited by mobilejunkie; 16-04-2019 at 7:12 AM.
    • bethany00
    • By bethany00 30th Apr 19, 1:18 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    bethany00
    Vodafone and Zinc Group.
    Hello there.
    Has anyone else had similar problems?
    I phoned up Vodafone in December 2016 to cancel my contract and ask for a settlement figure. Despite repeated requests for that figure, the call handler seemed reluctant to give me the actual figure to be able to cancel the contract.
    After over an hour of wrangling on the phone, I was given a settlement figure which I then dually paid.
    The contract had been cancelled and the money taken out of my bank.

In April 2019, I received an email out of the blue, suggesting I somehow owed money.
    I thought this was a scam, so ignored it.
    I am now being chased for debt by Zinc on behalf of Vodafone. It is completely unlawful and I have spoken to BBC's watchdog, who has taken a keen interest in this case.

If you have suffered similar problems, please get in contact with BBC watchdog and I advise anyone else to avoid taking out a contract with Vodafone.
    • chekov99
    • By chekov99 17th May 19, 1:20 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    chekov99
    Hi guys, I recently received a credit from Vodafone for an aged historic account. I'm concerned why my info was still on their systems and did a bit of digging and found this thread.

I'm aware there is a email form that can be completed to deal with this matter, but I'd like to this in writing.

Can you please offer any comments on the effectiveness of this letter (in italics) before I send?

Thank you

Dear Sir or Madam,

Historic accounts

I refer to the attached email received from Vodafone on XX MMM 2019 which notes a credit to my account with Vodafone. While obviously, great news that you are sending me money, I ended all contract arrangements with Vodafone in 201X [around 4 years ago] and am concerned that you still have all my information on file and are making transactions still and acting as if my accounts are still active.

I carried out further research on why Vodafone might be crediting accounts that are historic and found this press article [https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/may/18/vodafone-account-closed-credit-rating-default I'm going to print this out]. I am concerned now that my accounts have not been closed properly and you may be recording default against my credit record in the UK.

Could you therefore confirm that all my accounts are closed. I have included all numbers that I am aware I held with Vodafone:

+44 XXXX XXX XXX
    +44 XXXX XXX XXX
    +49 XXXXX XXX XXX
    +44 XXXX XXX XXX

Also; the addresses I may have held with Vodafone are as below:

Jingford Gardens, Walmsley WA5 8DD, United Kingdom
    C/o Mustermann, Dresden, Germany

Please confirm that all accounts are closed.

I would like responses in writing only.

Yours faithfully

John Smith
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th May 19, 5:51 AM
    • 35,268 Posts
    • 41,314 Thanks
    Browntoa
    Vodafone rep has not replied in ages

You are wasting your time
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 17th May 19, 10:58 AM
    • 8,170 Posts
    • 2,799 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    It seems Vodafone have got round to chopping off the only part of their organisation which gave a damn.
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th May 19, 11:00 AM
    • 35,268 Posts
    • 41,314 Thanks
    Browntoa
    I'm closing the thread
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,274Posts Today

7,108Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Boris Johnson is now going to be our prime minister. Worth a pause for thought, whatever your political persuasion.

• Boy they're dragging out this #conservativeleadership announcement.Three introducers now each grabbing air time. Get on with it please!

• RT @Screeeeamer: @dwlstacey @MartinSLewis @TUIUK Dear mr Stacy, I need to let you know of a slight amendment to the Porsche 911 you ordered?

• Follow Martin