Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jadesarah1
    • By jadesarah1 11th Feb 15, 1:13 PM
    • 59Posts
    • 24Thanks
    jadesarah1
    How much do you earn and able to save a month?
    • 11th Feb 15, 1:13 PM
    How much do you earn and able to save a month? 11th Feb 15 at 1:13 PM
    Just Intrested in how much everyone is able to save a month after rent, bills etc. I'm currently able to save £400 a month after rent, bills and food. Some months it can be a struggle with unexpected bills. I earn about £1400 a month.
Page 5
    • fiberay
    • By fiberay 27th Oct 16, 5:49 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    fiberay
    I earn between £1100 and £1350 a month depending if I get overtime offered. I'm living with my family and I can save around £250 per month.
    • Bertrum
    • By Bertrum 28th Oct 16, 10:07 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    Bertrum
    We are saving hard for a house, so we live fairly frugally.

We rent a house at the moment for £895 a month.

Joint numbers

Income £4600

Outgoings
    Rent all bills, food and entertainment £1600
    Fuel £300
    Other Phones/car tax/insurance £90
    Personal spending £610 (we realistically don't spend this much)

Saving each month £2000

We are very lucky!! Although I had some debt which is now all gone, so this is the first month we have achieved the above.
    • lisa110rry
    • By lisa110rry 28th Oct 16, 10:42 AM
    • 1,741 Posts
    • 3,037 Thanks
    lisa110rry
    Not really prepared to divulge my income, but I have done an SOA and it tells me I can save £1500 per month. However, we do not have a mortgage, having lived in our home 30 years, so we have many "treats" and I tend to save more one month and less the next. All being saved for a blow-out 40th wedding anniversary trip next year and my pension.
    “And all shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be exceeding well.”
    ― Julian of Norwich
    In other words, Don't Panic!
    • me1234
    • By me1234 4th Nov 16, 3:49 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    me1234
    Joint income of £61,000
    Overpay on mortgage - £900
    Saving - £1000
    • i.love.baking
    • By i.love.baking 6th Nov 16, 2:40 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    i.love.baking
    I take home about £1050 each month including my wage and a little bit of working tax credit. I should be able to save around £300 a month, sometimes a bit more sometimes less. I live in a house share so rent and all household bills are only £360.
    My income will go up slightly around April time as well as the cost of a few things going down so should be able to put away £400.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,806Posts Today

7,410Users online

Martin's Twitter