Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    weezl74
    Weezl and friends Phase 3 - sitting pretty with Kitty
    • 4th Aug 10, 4:21 PM
    Weezl and friends Phase 3 - sitting pretty with Kitty 4th Aug 10 at 4:21 PM
    Hello!

A new thread is required

We have a new launch and some brave new testers.

A summary of the story so far, a few pals on MSE old style wanted to create a resource for those who are struggling with debts too big for them.

We knew that often one of the bits of advice on DFW is to drastically cut your food budget.

But most of us understandably don't know where to start, and more importantly don't want to damage our health or our family's health, so we decided to put together an internet resource with meal planners shopping lists and recipes to help you do just that.

Interested?

Do please read on...
    Last edited by weezl74; 04-08-2010 at 4:54 PM.

Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz
    Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it 67/3.60/0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for 40
Page 3
  • weezl74
    allegra, tis done. And thanks for noticing

welcome back wyrdsister, great you'd like to do some testing, and sian too, fab

cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it 67/3.60/0
    • ariarnia
    • By ariarnia 5th Aug 10, 3:10 PM
    • 1,809 Posts
    • 5,283 Thanks
    ariarnia
    panzanella - not sure if this is just me, but on the website it's a little confusing that it says filling then doesn't have anything to put it in?
    • wyrdsister
    • By wyrdsister 5th Aug 10, 3:12 PM
    • 90 Posts
    • 883 Thanks
    wyrdsister
    Thanks Allegra and Artybear I will be sure to take some piccies, I'm always taking pictures of food already!
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time
  • Allegra
    panzanella - not sure if this is just me, but on the website it's a little confusing that it says filling then doesn't have anything to put it in?
    Originally posted by ariarnia
    I think that "filling" is just a leftover from an earlier recipe ! Disregard that line for now, and I'm sure that Weezl will get around to editing it when she's got a moment
  • Allegra
    Thanks Allegra and Artybear I will be sure to take some piccies, I'm always taking pictures of food already!
    Originally posted by wyrdsister
    Arty will be so pleased

Oh, and Arty, I ordered the new card reader today, so should be all ready to go for my own pics from Monday onwards
  • artybear
    YAY for pictures-I too have a new camera so im going to try Weezl type photo shoots of my food
    In art as in love, instinct is enough
    Anatole France

Things are beautiful if you love them
    Jean Anouilh
  • weezl74
    I think that "filling" is just a leftover from an earlier recipe ! Disregard that line for now, and I'm sure that Weezl will get around to editing it when she's got a moment
    Originally posted by Allegra
    I dun it already, I did 'llegs

• weezl74
    is anyone interested in doing a bit of research about vitamin D?

I have specific questions if you say yes

• artybear
    me!!!! weezl!!!!!, me please pick me!!!!!

*jumps up with her hand in the air*
    Anatole France

Jean Anouilh
  • weezl74
    me!!!! weezl!!!!!, me please pick me!!!!!

*jumps up with her hand in the air*
    Originally posted by artybear
    great!

I particularly need to know if the body stores it or if we must renew our stocks daily

• wyrdsister
    • By wyrdsister 5th Aug 10, 5:17 PM
    • 90 Posts
    • 883 Thanks
    wyrdsister
    I had a Vitamin D defficiency a couple of years ago, I wish I could remember all the doctor told me about it now I think it can be stored, but you may need a more reliable source than my terrible memory!
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time
    • SusanC
    • By SusanC 5th Aug 10, 6:16 PM
    • 5,284 Posts
    • 30,650 Thanks
    SusanC
    So I am happy to try any of the above on any days I am told to.
    I currently have a sourdough starter, well, starting I guess, on the windowsill so will be making some bread with my newly acquired Kenwood Chef (second hand!) so I can do the panzanella, do you think it matters if it is sourdough bread? I got the idea from the joy the baker blog I mentioned before, pretty much the only frugal thing on there
    Originally posted by Sian the Green
    I do sourdough. If making bread I put in 26 oz starter (which would consist of 10oz flour and 13oz water) for a four loaf batch and reduce the flour and water accordingly. I also add a small amount of yeast because otherwise sourdough is quite heavy. (But I also do wholemeal rather than white flour so if you're using white flour you may not need it.) (I'm also assuming you're doing equal volumes of flour and water in your starter i.e. 100% hydration - the figures would be diffferent if you weren't.)
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 5th Aug 10, 6:25 PM
    • 5,698 Posts
    • 73,973 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    I'm out on Monday and Wednesday next week, so have pencilled in pasta funghi for Tuesday and shepherdless pie for Thursday. I'll skip the panzanella for now. I think I'd love it but might struggle to convince DH it's a dinner.
    Will also try to remember to take photos for Arty
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • Bigjenny
    • By Bigjenny 5th Aug 10, 6:30 PM
    • 560 Posts
    • 6,046 Thanks
    Bigjenny
    Happy to try the Panzanella, dont have all the ingredients for shepherdless pie in, and Pasta Funghi is out because don't like cooked musrooms, but happy to try something else
  • weezl74
    we're happy to do the panzanella and funghi as they are either no cook or microwaveable

And you've seen my photos already arty so shall I sit that bit out?!

• Allegra
    Okay Jenny Anything you like, on the Monday, so we can all start together "officially " ? I'll eat hornetgirl's portion so she can reckon she has started same time as the rest of us

BTW, HG, I was absolutely bowled over by the panzanella when we first tried it - I did fear it might be a bit ghastly. It does not look or taste at all like what it is, DH might surprise you. Perhaps try it one weekend lunchtime to see how he takes it.... ?
  • artybear
    Okey doeky I'm looking forward to it and NOPE weezl we need more photos from u-maybe with you or fergie modelling lol.

Ok Vit D THIS is quite helpful.

Basically it says it can be stored for up to 4 months. I dunno if this is what you wanted or not so let me know if its rubbish and I will do more.

xxxxx
    Anatole France

Jean Anouilh
  • weezl74

BTW, HG, I was absolutely bowled over by the panzanella when we first tried it - I did fear it might be a bit ghastly. It does not look or taste at all like what it is, DH might surprise you. Perhaps try it one weekend lunchtime to see how he takes it.... ?
    Originally posted by Allegra
    I'm glad you said that allegra, it doesn't look great from the ingredients does it?

But I love it!

• artybear
    <----------------------------------------------look a third star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anatole France

Jean Anouilh
  • weezl74
    <----------------------------------------------look a third star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by artybear
    arty I reckon we got nearly all of your posts on the shirl and kitty adventures

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

868Posts Today

7,030Users online

Martin's Twitter