Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Frugaldom
    • By Frugaldom 31st Mar 10, 9:09 PM
    • 6,147Posts
    • 54,340Thanks
    Frugaldom
    FRUGAL LIVING CHALLENGE 2010, part 2, April - June.
    • 31st Mar 10, 9:09 PM
    FRUGAL LIVING CHALLENGE 2010, part 2, April - June. 31st Mar 10 at 9:09 PM
    This is the follow up thread to the 'Living on £4,000 for a Year' challenge. It has been renamed and adapted to allow a more diverse range of budgets, depending on individual circumstances. The following links will take you to all the previous challenge threads.

Introduction to 2010 Frugal Living Challenge
    Part 1 - January to March 2010
    Part 2 - April to June 2010
    Part 3 - July to September 2010

Part 1 - January to March 2009
    Part 2 - April to June 2009
    Part 3 - July to September 2009
    Part 4 - October to December 2009

Part 1 - January to March 2008
    Part 2 - April to June 2008
    Part 3 - July to September 2008
    Part 4 - October to December 2008

IMPORTANT.
    Please respect others' lifestyles and beliefs. We are not here to judge, we are here to support. Thank you

The challenge is about living a frugal lifestyle - establishing your true cost of living, sticking to your budget, clearing any debts and making savings wherever and however you can to enable you to live the life you really want.

Frugal living isn't for everyone, but everyone is welcome to join us. Methods employed by our merry band of frugalers include batch cooking, stockpiling, preserving, foraging, mending, shopping in charity shops, reducing, reusing, recycling, Local Exchange Trading Schemes (LETS), Vegetable & fruit growing, allotments, keeping hens, using cashback sites and earning whatever it takes to become self sufficient in managing the cost of living without incurring debt. For some it is initially about clearing debt, for others it's about increasing savings, buying property, becoming stay at home mums or paying off the mortgage early. Some choose the lifestyle on ethical grounds. Above all, this is a fun and supportive way to manage your budget so you have control of your own cost of living. It's about NEEDS and not WANTS.

Living on a budget = living within our means.
    Frugal = thrifty, living without waste

Ideas to help you achieve and/or maintain debt free living
    Spend within your means
    Set a proper budget
    Houseshare
    Get a lodger
    Shop via cashback sites but always price compare,
    Buy reduced items in stores only if you need them,
    Stockpile & bulk buy
    Batch cooking,
    Make the most of charity shops,
    Join Freecycle or other similar waste awareness and recycling associations,
    LETS trading - become active members of trading & exchange groups
    bartering
    Grow your own herbs, fruit & veg,
    Preserving & winemaking
    Card & gift making
    Order splitting for better discounts & shared postal costs,
    Landsharing, allotments & frugal garden systems
    Free scratchcards,
    Matched betting,
    Free online bingo,
    eBid and eBay trading
    etc, etc, etc...

Sample Budget
    Groceries £900.00
    Toiletries £35.00
    Heat & power £900.00
    Internet £216.00
    Mobiles £20.00
    Telephone £140.00
    Clothing & footwear £40.00
    Travel £240.00
    Household Insurance £42.50
    Council Tax £935.00
    TOTAL £3,468.50
    Monitoring and revising the budget is part of frugal living plan. Gifts & cards could all to be homemade, livestock needs to pay its own keep, anything else needs to be cash neutral.

Quote:
    HANDY LINKS:
    (I am neither endorsing nor recommending any of the links provided here, members of our extended frugal community have simply found them to contain helpful information.)

Approved Food - amazing bargains if you don't mind short dates or past sell by – save a fortune whilst saving it from landfill!
    Bite Card - 20% off food at train stations (ideal for regular travellers)
    Budgetbrain - MSE's free to use budget analysis tool - BRILLIANT!
    Carrot recipes - loads of ways to use up those carrots
    CASHBACK - The official MSE list of sites offering the best cashback deals
    Cheryl's FREE spreadsheet - how to download & use it free
    Complete (MSE) cooking collection - Loads and loads and loads of recipes
    Cookingbynumbers - using up food you have in stock, free to use
    Crafting for Christmas - homemade presents
    Eggs, eggs, eggs - My '100 things to do with eggs' list
    Electricity & Gas savings - monitor your electricity & gas with the MoneySaving Carbon Club
    Flannel Cake making - unusual gifts
    Food Bargains - Discounted food, short dated and past 'BBE' dates.
    Foraging & Preserving - free foods, when, where, what to do with them
    Free 2010 OS MSE calendar - download and print
    Free crafts ideas - how to make papier mache banks etc
    Freecycle - don't bin it, rehome it.
    Freegle - Originally Freecycle in UK
    Gift Baskets & Hampers - an index to the MSE relevant threads
    Gifts in a jar - you don't need a canner for these
    Greenfingered money saving - Gardening & growing your own food
    Grocery bargains - Supermarket price reduction times
    Hunger Site - Charity site where every click counts
    i-Measure - log your meter readings and try to reduce your carbon footprint
    Laundry Gloop and loads of other frugal cleaning related 'recipes'
    Leftovers - don't bin them, get creative, make another meal.
    LETS - Local Exchange Trading Schemes and alternative currencies within communities
    Martin's mad moneysaver ads - a surprising new addition to the site - advertising offers!
    Martin's current offers & discount codes - updated daily
    Menu Planning - hundreds of options and suggestions
    Nutrition and diet info, an excellent thread - thanks to Weezl74
    Old Style indexed collection - Indexed collection of links, hints and tips for anything old style, moneysaving and frugal.
    Preparing for winter the frugal way
    Recipes part 1 - thanks to Rosieben on the Grocery Challenge
    Recipes part 2 - thanks, again, to Rosieben
    Remoska discussion - everything you need to know about Remoska ovens
    Rural Moneysaving Hunt - official MSE discussion
    Selling on eBid - decluttering and recycling for cash with no listing fees
    Snowman Soup - always a favourite with frugallers during the festive season
    Soapnuts - The frugal, eco-friendly alternative to soap powder or detergents (free samples)
    Soapnuts thread on MSE - discuss, ask questions here
    Spending Diary - excellent free resource for recording your spends
    Start a cottage industry - the official MSE discussion
    Veg Planner - free printable vegetable planting guide/calendar from the RHS
    Weezl74's 50p per person per day eating healthily thread
    Weezl74's frugal recipe testing thread - Phase 1
    Will Power & Billy Can - part 1, part 2, part 3
    The bits we need to include to make this work

===========================================

THERE IS NO CHALLENGER LIST, JUST JOIN IN AND ENJOY
    ===========================================
    Please read the MSE forum rules and help us to keep this challenge on track, thank you.
    If you have any questions about this challenge, feel free to PM me.
    The following is taken from the official MSE forum rules section:

KEEPING THREADS ON-TOPIC

Please try not to take threads off-topic. This can be confusing for new users and makes it especially difficult for people ... Where requests from Board Guides for threads to be brought back on track have not been followed off-topic posts may be removed. We encourage community, but not thread derailment.

Please bear in mind the main purpose of the site is to save money. The forum team has therefore been instructed to prioritise its time on the MoneySaving forums.

KEEPING TOPICS RELEVANT TO THE BOARD

There are two boards provided for off-topic chat and discussion. The MoneySavers Arms has been set up for fun, more lighter-hearted chat (although do still remember this is a family forum – keep it clean please). Discussion Time is for discussion of current issues (read Martin’s description).

If you post a topic that does not relate to the board it’s posted on it will be moved to a more relevant MoneySaving board or to Discussion Time/The MoneySavers Arms.
    ===================================

This challenge is about paying for needs so we can afford to live debt free and save for wants. It runs from 1st January to 31st December 2010. The links will give you an idea of how previous challenges have gone.
    Last edited by Frugaldom; 01-07-2010 at 5:46 PM.
    I reserve the right NOT to spend:
    The less I spend, the more I can afford!
    Now running Frugaldom as a lifestyle social enterprise!
Page 2
    • pagangirl
    • By pagangirl 1st Apr 10, 3:53 PM
    • 391 Posts
    • 3,749 Thanks
    pagangirl
    Frugaldom - post 4471 - Frugal Living Challenge part 1 page 224 - HTH

[Quote Micron - Hi, I've just come back to the MSE site after a few years absence and would like to join for the second quarter of this challenge. I haven't worked out how much I can live off for the remainder of the year but will do so over the next few days and post my figure. After years and years of spending money willy nilly its time I buckle down and start being a little (ok not a little, a lot) more frugal.]
    When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on

• Winchelsea
    • By Winchelsea 1st Apr 10, 4:37 PM
    • 691 Posts
    • 9,316 Thanks
    Winchelsea
    New month, new thread (thanks Frugaldom) and new challenges for me!

Finished March with a nice NSD day - went to Bristol on the bus with free pass, went to art gallery (free) and enjoyed packed lunch and flask of coffee.

Spent a fair bit today though, out with DD no.4, but got some good bargains in Wilk*ns*n, like toilet cleaner (24p), toothpaste (17p), a waterproof mattress protector (for DH with dementia) for £2.98, and T/tissue (6 for 69p). Got half price decaff coffee in the Oxfam shop, and a pr. of huge wooden knitting needles for next to nothing in a little shop - I'll use them for knitting a bath mat from cut up t-shirts. Got a ball of blue wool (just the shade I've been searching for) in a CS, to use in the knitted log cabin throw I'm making. (I started the latter when on hols in Cornwall last Autumn - sat in the cottage on the 1st evening regretting not bringing any craft stuff with me. Next morning went to CS in Helston and bought a bag of odd bits of wool and a pair of needles. Didn't know what to make, but with the aid of the back of an envelope I designed a way of doing log cabin.) Looks good, but am now running out of some colours, and am trying not to have to buy any new wool for it.

Then, after all this shopping, had lunch of mushrooms on toast for £2.20 in a little cafe.

Started my little notebook, and am shocked to find I spent £56.41 today! Though it sounds a bit better if I say this includes train fares.

Winchelsea
    Keeping three cats, the car and myself on a small budget, and enjoying life while we're at it!
    • Winchelsea
    • By Winchelsea 1st Apr 10, 5:05 PM
    • 691 Posts
    • 9,316 Thanks
    Winchelsea
    Just realised my total for the day includes a bulk buy of bicarb (for cooking, for deodorant and for cleaning), so did not spend so much while out!

Winchelsea
    Keeping three cats, the car and myself on a small budget, and enjoying life while we're at it!
  • A fiend for life
    March spend

a) Groceries................£40.16
    b) Gas and Elec.............£30.47 (s/sheet)
    c) Line Rental..............£00.00 (quarterly)
    d) Eve WE calls.plus BB.....£13.62
    e) Mobile....................£0.00
    f) Clothing..................£0.00
    g) Bathroom..................£0.45
    h) Cleaning..................£0.00
    i) Entertainment............£41.49 (?)
    j) Travel....................£0.00
    k) Gifts / SO................£0.00
    l) Books.....................£4.74 (New)

Total spend for the month is £130.48

Total spend so far is £462.46 / £2000. (23.1%)

Overall £38.54 under budget for the quarter but is probably inaccurate because of getting used to it in Jan and Feb. Food is under budget entertainment is over budget. More so with books which was lumped in with ents.

Actual monthly spend is higher than listed as I received the quarterly bill for gas and electrcity which I had been paying off before the bill arrived. This is accounted for in the previous months usage.

Groceries has seen a lot of budgeting, opportunism and using stock so is still low. Some improvement in the five a day but need to record it - a diet sheet might be a good idea.

Line rental is quarterly and is due in April so Jan, Feb and Mar was quarterly and will be DD once I can set it up probably in May. This should save £1.50 a month. Looks like this will be delayed.

Entertainment is still higher than I'd like it to be.

No spend on mobile, clothing, cleaning, travel and gifts though this will change.

Books is a new category / spend which was lumped in with entertainment. I have been restricting things like CDs and books for the last two years.
    • stitching witch
    • By stitching witch 1st Apr 10, 6:37 PM
    • 1,236 Posts
    • 8,253 Thanks
    stitching witch
    Hi guys, I've just updated the challenger list but suspect many, many of those names have vanished. Leaving it as is, just in case, but I won't have much time for updates, changes and posting on here.
    Originally posted by Frugaldom
    Please don't take me off! I'm doing the Challenge quietly here. I'm guilty of reading but not posting on the previous thread.

I feel very down having gone £309.69 over my first quarter's budget of £1500. I'm really, really struggling as DH has been off sick for two years and I was made redundant in September.

There's just too much month for my money!
    Making magic with fabric

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    • Mollymop5
    • By Mollymop5 1st Apr 10, 8:29 PM
    • 2,089 Posts
    • 6,791 Thanks
    Mollymop5
    Hi guys, I've just updated the challenger list but suspect many, many of those names have vanished. Leaving it as is, just in case, but I won't have much time for updates, changes and posting on here.
    Originally posted by Frugaldom
    Hiya just wanted to let you know that although I'm not posting much I do read to keep updated and I'm also managing my own personal challenge thanks to this thread
    lost my way but now I'm back ! roll on 2013
    spc member 72

• JayJay14
    I've managed to get through the first quarter without too much of a crisis.
    DD has returned to live with us while she gets her life back in order. The good news is that she had an interview for a job this morning and they have rung back this afternoon to ask her to start on Tuesday. She won't get paid for a month as the pay day was yesterday but at least I can look forward to a contribution from her then.

OH has an interview for a job next Thursday si /i am keeping my fingers crossed (and toes) in the hope that we can hit a double whammy. Of we do get lucky we will be able to start hitting the debts while we continue with the frugal living.

The accounts are looking ok for the moment. Clothes and shoes are still at zero, groceries are on target though I will have to be doing some stocking up soon. Diesel is well under target but that is because OH has been out of work - if he gets the job next week we may continue to be under (taxes and governments permitting) as the job is just down the road, very near where I work (though I don't think we could car share as there is an annoying river between us).

Anyway onward into the next quarter and hope I manage to do as well as I have been.
    • candygirl
    • By candygirl 1st Apr 10, 9:32 PM
    • 27,397 Posts
    • 116,576 Thanks
    candygirl
    Had a fabbily frugal day today.Got my Mum's off cuts from her new carpet, lovely black sh ag pile and they have fitted my bathroom and hallGot it free plus my ex fitted it for me so yipeee
    I'm doing lots of cooking and form filling for him, and he's doing garden, decorating etc for me so all's good
    Shame I couldn't get him to be as helpful when we were married
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004)
    • grandma247
    • By grandma247 1st Apr 10, 9:49 PM
    • 2,391 Posts
    • 33,223 Thanks
    grandma247
    Stitchingwitch don't feel down. I am sure your spending is not frivolous since your oh has been off sick so long. It is hard to cope sometimes when it has gone on that long. We are all here to listen and help if we can. Sometimes it is as simple as getting another view (or several views ) on something that helps.

We went to dd1's yesterday to pick up a couple of sofas she was getting rid of. Ours were shot at and uncomfortable. These are lovely and comfy but a rather big so I am going to have to do a lot of shifting round and getting rid of stuff till the room looks less cluttered. We even managed to collect them using works van so no cost to us. The weather was horrid though, sleet and hail all the way.
    • top_drawer
    • By top_drawer 1st Apr 10, 10:28 PM
    • 2,460 Posts
    • 3,825 Thanks
    top_drawer
    hello,

Happy Belated Birthday wishes Nuala!!!

Well Ive been away for a few days and am glad to be back .... New month and new start hopefully as looking at my money book I have done terrible - not sure how when I am so careful ..... feel like im living like a pauper but paying out like a king!

I have decided that I need to watch the overall picture of my spends as well as my daily spends but am not sure how to go about this. I enjoy (lol) writing down exactly what I have bought in my book and it seems to help me realise how much different things cost something which I wasnt as aware of in the past. However, the overall picture is easily missed here - I dont really want to spend ages having to do both a spread sheet and a money book really. What does everyone else do?

I also made some really yoummy potato wedges this evening for tea - I bought the spuds for 39p discounted stuff at Mr M and the spice from the discounted shelf for 9p. My flatmate and I cut them up like potatoes and covered them in the powder and they were amazing!!

Does anyone know of any recipes for making this type of powder as at normal price it would be 75 for enough to cover a large batch or maybe a cheap one that is good? Also can I freeze cut potatoes?

I want to keep some in the freezer ready to put in the oven when I just want something quick and easy.

I'm very concerned about some of my lettuces - they look very floppy in the trays and my herbs dont seem to be regrowing either after I trimmed them fo using .... are they one yield only maybe?

Happy Aprils Fools everyone

Jen
    Last edited by top_drawer; 01-04-2010 at 10:50 PM.
  • A fiend for life
    top_drawer,

I make a note of the items I buy without a receipt.

What's the powder? I guess some kind of spice Asian stores are good for these but it could be good to experiment with your own.

Potatoes should be ok to freeze though but I think they need cooking or blanching first.

I haven't done wedges. I usually boil enough potatoes for three of four meals.

see here and next post:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=31383003&postcount=1982
    Last edited by A fiend for life; 01-04-2010 at 11:22 PM.
    • top_drawer
    • By top_drawer 1st Apr 10, 10:53 PM
    • 2,460 Posts
    • 3,825 Thanks
    top_drawer
    top_drawer,

I make a note of the items I buy without a receipt.

What's the powder? I guess some kind of spice Asian stores are good for these.
    Originally posted by A fiend for life
    I actually keep all my receipts too, shopping and anything which can go wrong particularly. It was Spiced Wedges powder although I did another batch with Cajun powder which was meant to be used on meat and they were spicer but just as lovely! I do have paprika, cumin etc as I lurveee curry.
  • A fiend for life
    ooops I was editing that post for ages and thought I'd double posted when I saw you'd quoted.

Do you use veg oil with the potato wedges?
    • NualaBuala
    • By NualaBuala 1st Apr 10, 11:33 PM
    • 2,495 Posts
    • 24,217 Thanks
    NualaBuala
    Hi to all the frugallers including those just reading the posts

Thanks for our shiny new thread frugaldom. Hope your eggs survive.

hello,
    Happy Belated Birthday wishes Nuala!!!

Well Ive been away for a few days and am glad to be back .... New month and new start hopefully as looking at my money book I have done terrible - not sure how when I am so careful ..... feel like im living like a pauper but paying out like a king!
    Originally posted by top_drawer
    Thanks Jen! Bet you haven't done as badly as you think. Imagine if you weren't keeping track, you probably would have spent even more. I'm sure as time goes on we're all learning to do better. I just use a spreadsheet for my accounts but I don't itemise individual grocery items. I do record junk food spends separately as that's my downfall - I was so embarrassed by how much I spent and hopefully that'll motivate me to do better. Your potato wedges sound yum. I tend to just use paprika on mine - I'm too stingy to buy anything fancier.

I feel very down having gone £309.69 over my first quarter's budget of £1500. I'm really, really struggling as DH has been off sick for two years and I was made redundant in September.

There's just too much month for my money!
    Originally posted by stitching witch
    Aw, hugs to you, it must be so hard trying to manage. But you should be proud of what you've achieved - £309.69 is not too bad and you might even recoup it over the rest of the year. There are plenty of people who overspend by more than that every month. Will have my fingers crossed for you.

Hope everyone else is frugalling away nice. I had my first spend of the month - an expensive food shop of €43 in the food co-op. The price of organic veg and cheese is crazy but I'm trying to stick with it for a few months as an experiment. So far I don't seem to be spending more on food per month but that's cos I've cut out buying other things (mainly processed stuff so that's good). March seemed like a very long month so I'm hopeful that this month won't be so bad. Although once my direct debits go out I'll be feeling broke again!

Hugs to all who want them. Nightie night.
    Trying to spend less time on MSE so I can get more done ... it's not going great so far!
    Sorry if I don't reply to posts - I'm having MAJOR trouble keeping up these days!

Frugal Living Challenge 2011

Sealed Pot #671 DFW Nerd #1185
  • jtb2412
    Morning all, off to mum's shortly so won't be around much this weekend. I hope you all have a lovely Easter and the weather is kind to you xx

Potato wedges ..... I do mine (home-made) in a bit of veg oil, paprika, mixed herbs and breadcrumbs ..... very yummy! It's a good way to use up the crusts of a loaf if they're not used elsewhere .

I saw a great tip on Heston Bloomineck's tv show last night. If you haven't got cooking beans, line your pastry with baking paper and pour 2ps and 1ps on top - it gives it an even cook too
    Weight loss to date 1st 11.5lb
    • lynzpower
    • By lynzpower 2nd Apr 10, 6:47 AM
    • 24,745 Posts
    • 39,940 Thanks
    lynzpower
    MOrning all

OK, well here starts the frugal upshift, I have "eased in" for the first part of the year but I know that there are lots of wants I've bought instead of needs.

Yesterday I had a huge haul of RTC meat at Mr W- spent 25 in total, the freezer door will just about close. Lots of sausages/chicken/brisket/mince/sausages. I havent totalled up the "full price" amount but I guess that doesnt apply to me much as I simply would never of bought some of these things at this full price as it was too expensive.

Off up to the family today so most costs covered. We want to ahve a low key meander not rushing about ( usually it is manic) and to really slow down as we both need to rest a lot.

I have the draw to go to this amazing market up there where the clothes are fantastic ( eg loads of M&S/Monsoon) stuff for a few quid or less. I also want to have a look in cheshire oaks at the walking boots but I get the feeling it will [probably be packed and not conducive to 5relaxing so I think will resist this. ( managed to talk myself out of spending already lol)

Have got a pile of magazines Ill be recycling to mum to take as well.

One thing I mist get better at this 1/4 is to ensure i have my mobile with me as this is my spending diary as well as phone, and I fear that I have missed out a few "little spends".

Oh well, I think Im on the right lines whatever.

TOP DRAWER- you must pre-cook potatoes if you want to freeze them otherwise they go black and slimy. Urgh they are foul. If you look on the OS resource there is a massive thread where people have made thier recipes for the powder.

personally I use whatever is to hand- veg oil mixed with any combo of paprika/ chicken all purpose/ jerk/ chili powder/ cumin etc.

Hope everyone has a lovely easter xx
    Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast
    • cw18
    • By cw18 2nd Apr 10, 7:01 AM
    • 8,071 Posts
    • 86,054 Thanks
    cw18
    Yesterday I had a huge haul of RTC meat at Mr W- spent 25 in total, the freezer door will just about close. Lots of sausages/chicken/brisket/mince/sausages.
    Originally posted by lynzpower
    Well done on the haul

I havent totalled up the "full price" amount but I guess that doesnt apply to me much as I simply would never of bought some of these things at this full price as it was too expensive.
    Most of what I get on RTC isn't stuff I'd buy at full price either - I'd either not buy it at all (cakes, cream etc) or would buy much cheaper options (or less of them, particularly the sausage rolls and mini scotch eggs that DS enjoys). I record the full value out of interest, but as I would have bought these items at full price before home life changed (and my job went) I guess that makes it slightly more relevant to me.

I'm actually looking at tweaking my personal copy of the s/sheet for next year, such that I can record both the full price and what I would have paid for a cheaper alternative. As I wouldn't otherwise have bought some of the items at all, this will hopefully mean I end up seeing whether what I saved on buying (for example) dearer cuts of meat on RTC (making them cheaper than my cheap cuts at full price) has paid for my 'pure indulgence' items (such as cakes and cream).
    Cheryl
    • Skint Lynne
    • By Skint Lynne 2nd Apr 10, 7:25 AM
    • 1,357 Posts
    • 11,182 Thanks
    Skint Lynne
    Morning all,

My first post on the new thread! I have been up since 6.10am, I had a call from DH, so all is well, he has a squaddie tan, which is the face and forearms, and the wee bit at the top of his shirt.

He had his customary moan, so I know that he is absoloutely fine! I was hoping to get back to sleep, but I am now wide awake. Will have a bath soon and have breakfast. I am going to see MIL today, and then DH's auntie. She is getting a loan of his laptop whilst he is away, I have to get him a couple of bits for sending like razors etc, and I'll get these away on Tuesday. I'm going to Ayr tomorrow I think, and then Sunday and Monday will be reserved for cleaning, planting catching up on paperwork etc.

Have a lovely Good Friday. xx
    • chika
    • By chika 2nd Apr 10, 7:48 AM
    • 833 Posts
    • 5,158 Thanks
    chika
    I have the draw to go to this amazing market up there where the clothes are fantastic ( eg loads of M&S/Monsoon) stuff for a few quid or less. I also want to have a look in cheshire oaks at the walking boots but I get the feeling it will [probably be packed and not conducive to 5relaxing so I think will resist this. ( managed to talk myself out of spending already lol)
    Originally posted by lynzpower
    Lynzpower - where is this amazing sounding market you speak of??? I only thought they had things like this in London. Judging by the Cheshire Oaks reference I hope it's somewhere up North? I managed to boil all my fave clothes in the washing machine and most are ruined beyond repair. A few bargains might help to soothe the pain!
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, only a few will catch your heart. Pursue those.
    • gilligansyle
    • By gilligansyle 2nd Apr 10, 8:01 AM
    • 4,105 Posts
    • 22,135 Thanks
    gilligansyle
    Lynzpower - where is this amazing sounding market you speak of??? I only thought they had things like this in London. Judging by the Cheshire Oaks reference I hope it's somewhere up North? I managed to boil all my fave clothes in the washing machine and most are ruined beyond repair. A few bargains might help to soothe the pain!
    Originally posted by chika
    I was going to ask the same thing, as Cheshire Oaks is Ellesmere Port way. Haven't been there for ages as not really into designer stuff even if it is cheaper, and tend to buy clothes in Mr A and Mr T.

Lost track of the budget completely last month due to starting work so things like travel pass weren't accounted for. Will spend the nice long weekend juggling the figures. Will be paying a few debts off in April so very pleased, should have them all clear by the end of the year, depending on the work situation.

Gardeners - have got peppers, tomatoes, cucumber and lettuce on the window ledge, if I put them in the little plastic greenhouse thingy is it OK to put them out yet?
    Debts at LBM - Mortgages £128497 - non mortgage £27497 Debt now £114150109032 64300 (mortgage) Credit cards left 0

"The days pass so fast, let's try to make each one better than the last"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,850Posts Today

7,430Users online

Martin's Twitter