Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 2
  • wizard3891
    I work as an engineer on the underground and I get a free bus and tube pass for life and one for my partner too

potential saving is thousands on travel cards etc
    • worriedfirsttimebuyer
    • By worriedfirsttimebuyer 7th Feb 06, 5:23 PM
    • 303 Posts
    • 264 Thanks
    worriedfirsttimebuyer
    At Somerfield, I used to get 10% discount card and one for my mum too, rising to 20% in Christmas period.

Now I am a schoolteacher, I get nowt! Except 10% discount in Staples, and get to go on school trips for free - sometimes exotic locations, sometimes not...

OH works for BT, gets broadband for 10/month taken straight from his wages.
    • stressedoutmum
    • By stressedoutmum 7th Feb 06, 7:39 PM
    • 1,178 Posts
    • 228 Thanks
    stressedoutmum
    Homebase staff get 20% discount - but 10% on consumer electrics ie telly, video, dvd etc. Can't be used in conjunction with the 10-20% off days they have for the general public or family and friends. They also get 10% off at Argos.
  • joannemc3
    hmmm i work for the local council and get .................... nothing !!! ... zilch discount on anything ....... ha ha ha ha
    • pavlovs_dog
    • By pavlovs_dog 7th Feb 06, 11:03 PM
    • 9,818 Posts
    • 24,069 Thanks
    pavlovs_dog
    Homebase staff get 20% discount - but 10% on consumer electrics ie telly, video, dvd etc. Can't be used in conjunction with the 10-20% off days they have for the general public or family and friends. They also get 10% off at Argos.
    by stressedoutmum

lol same her, 10% at argos, 20% at homebase, and a whole range of discounts and benefits via a special website
    know thyself

Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
    • derbylady
    • By derbylady 7th Feb 06, 11:12 PM
    • 532 Posts
    • 504 Thanks
    derbylady
    threshers group - 20%
    i work for the threshers group in one of there off licences and get 20% off wine, beer, sweets and snacks and 5% off spirits which isnt much unless they are on a deal which is then ok otherwise expensive. plus the advantage of buying any very very cheap beer if ending date is near
  • adminannie
    Hi I work for B & Q and get 20% off everything and once a year a 30% for 1 week. a very good discount Annie
  • Jarlawuk
    I work for Phones 4 u and I get 50% off the line rental on o2 and T-mobile, 40% off vodafone and orange.
    • chudies
    • By chudies 12th Feb 06, 1:38 AM
    • 233 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    chudies
    Nhs
    i work for the nhs, and the only one i remember is nando's give you a discount when you show your ID
    also the comedy club in london (got to pretend you are nurse though!)

any other places?
    Lets hug!!
    • nads
    • By nads 12th Feb 06, 2:05 AM
    • 2,348 Posts
    • 1,397 Thanks
    nads
    i work for the nhs, and the only one i remember is nando's give you a discount when you show your ID
    also the comedy club in london (got to pretend you are nurse though!)

any other places?
    by chudies
    don't forget dixons & pcworld

I get 35%, lots of free toys n stuff, free tickets for the family to certain worldwide theme parks
  • LumpyBumpy
    Got my new discount card at the begining of this year, the discount book that comes with it is much smaller than it used to be! :-( I get discount in Jewellers, for car hire, on cinema, ice skating, Royal Yacht Britannia, National Trust membership, vision express, local chain of indian restaurants and loads of other rather random places. I've got to be honest I haven't ever used it.
    • The Bargain Hunters
    • By The Bargain Hunters 12th Feb 06, 11:57 AM
    • 512 Posts
    • 165 Thanks
    The Bargain Hunters
    I work for Boots and we get 12% on non boots goods and 22% on own goods our staff card has strict rules on its use but there are other perks to working at boots!
  • gixxerchick
    I work for the nhs and we were given a booklet with loads of places that will give you a discount on producing your ID card, Saved about 10 in Chester Zoo last year, can save in restaurants, cinemas, gyms, book shops and loads more. That is the only perk working for the nhs.
    • nads
    • By nads 12th Feb 06, 4:01 PM
    • 2,348 Posts
    • 1,397 Thanks
    nads
    It's a darn shame because I do think HR could do a better job looking after nhs staff escpecialyl considering how many do work for the nhs. But that's a whole other story.
    • nads
    • By nads 12th Feb 06, 4:03 PM
    • 2,348 Posts
    • 1,397 Thanks
    nads
    I work for Boots and we get 12% on non boots goods and 22% on own goods our staff card has strict rules on its use but there are other perks to working at boots!
    by The Bargain Hunters
    What could you possibly mean?
  • grex9101
    I work for the railway, and get free travel to and from work saving 60/month ish. Also get 10 free 48 hour travel periods per year, potentially saving up to 1000. Also get corporate membership at my local gym, saving 8/month. I even save between 25-75% on rail travel overseas. AND I get paid LOTS!!!!
    • chudies
    • By chudies 13th Feb 06, 12:30 AM
    • 233 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    chudies
    I work for the nhs and we were given a booklet with loads of places that will give you a discount on producing your ID card, Saved about 10 in Chester Zoo last year, can save in restaurants, cinemas, gyms, book shops and loads more. That is the only perk working for the nhs.
    by gixxerchick

hey there
    where does one get one of these books from?
    cheers
    Lets hug!!
  • panicos
    discounts
    I work for the local council and get nothing. There are plans in the pipeline to offer us discounts at the local swimming pool etc so heres hoping.
    Waddle you do eh?
  • beckyboopboop
    I work for Midlands Co-operative Society in one of their supermarkets and I get:
    10% off food (15% off at Christmas)
    15% off non food excluding electricals (10%) - although rises to 20/25% twice a year on members days
    Discounts on Funeral Services, Garage Services
    Plus special staff services sometimes! - my mum got a stereo system worth 300 for just over 100 before Christmas!
    Last year after the profits had been announced p/t employees got 50 pounds in MCS vouchers, and f/t 100 pounds in vouchers, but you had to be working there for at least a year, so I missed out . Hopefully if profits go up this year I'll get something!
    • shopbot
    • By shopbot 14th Feb 06, 6:03 AM
    • 1,004 Posts
    • 412 Thanks
    shopbot
    NHS employees may want to have a look at:
    http://www.nhsdiscounts.com/

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

56Posts Today

2,342Users online

Martin's Twitter