Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 17th May 17, 2:53 PM
    • 117Posts
    • 32Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Add your feedback on energy supplier OneSelect
    • 17th May 17, 2:53 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier OneSelect 17th May 17 at 2:53 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

OneSelect

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 4
    • Legendino
    • By Legendino 17th Oct 18, 7:34 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Legendino
    Rapid decline in efficiency and communication
    Not much up to date feedback on OneSelect recently so let me fill in some gaps. I started with this company in Jun 2017 and initially everything while not perfect was pretty good. So I rolled over with them into 2018 - 2019. Both years I have been on fixed term (1year) contracts. DD payments. Internet a/c i.e I read my own meter regularly and submit my readings via my OneSelect login a/c. For this type of account they have always been as cheap or mostly cheaper than anyone else. This year there seems to be an accelerating decline in efficiency and communication. Things came to a head about a week ago when I received an email informing me my DD was going up by £23.00 a month. I was currently paying £70.00 a month and based on my Kwh usage. ( I have Kwh usage elec/gas per month going back some years) ‘ how anal I can hear you say ‘ there was reasonable justification to raising my DD to £74.00 a month. I actually received an ‘energy statement’ from OneSelect in early oct and their predicated annual usage for me totalled £890.00, almost exactly £74.00 a month. So I asked for an explanation via my account ‘Contact us’ that was 6 days ago, thus far no reply. 3 days ago I repeated my message via their Facebook page. This has once before been a successful way to ‘reach’ someone when ‘Contact us’ failed. No Facebook response thus far. Today I rang them to be informed I was in a 45 min queue. Frustrating eh ? If I allow my DD to continue at the £93.00 stated I know I will not ‘lose’ money but my principle is the extra £20.00 a month is better in my account than OneSelects. If they do not sort this out in the next few days (next DD due on 26th) I Intend to cancel the DD (bet that provokes a response) and when they come on ‘heavy’ I shall tell them to bill me quarterly. Thanks for staying with me, if anyone did ?
    • teresa.heffer
    • By teresa.heffer 24th Oct 18, 9:18 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    teresa.heffer
    Refund received!
    Happy to report that my refund was received yesterday. I'm not happy that I had to ask for it and that it took 3 weeks after I asked for it to be paid, but at least I don't have to deal with them any longer!
    • jfl737
    • By jfl737 25th Oct 18, 3:48 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jfl737
    I am with OneSelect since May 2018 and they have just upped my monthly direct debit. I am on dual fuel fixed price contract, and I gave them precise annual useage figures before the switch, so my monthly dd was based on their prices for the same amount of annual kWh use. They have collected 6 months payments during low use summer months (so I should be well in credit), now they seem to imply I may use more energy during the winter (than I actually have used in any previous winter) so have put my monthly dd up by some 60%. I wonder if they are doing this to all their fixed price customers to boost income? It would be nice to be able to ask them but you will waste hours trying to phone and never get through, and they take minimum over 2 weeks to respond to an email. The only time I got a quick response was when I put a negative comment (relating to the switch) on Trustpilot. They managed to respond to that within 24 hours. I've also found my online account is very unreliable and any gas/electric readings I enter mysteriously disappear or become 'amended'. I now always email my meter readings to ensure they have the correct figures. Also, although they promise a statement every 3 months I've never had one which makes it very difficult to track my useage versus my payments.
    • nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    • By nxdmsandkaskdjaqd 25th Oct 18, 4:57 PM
    • 575 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    I've also found my online account is very unreliable and any gas/electric readings I enter mysteriously disappear or become 'amended'.
    Originally posted by jfl737
    I have also experienced the company modifying submitted readings. I left them some 2 months ago and still do not have a final bill (they owe me £100).

I have tried to complain but just ignore emails.

Anyone have the email address of the CEO?
    • markusparkus
    • By markusparkus 26th Oct 18, 8:36 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    markusparkus
    Avoid
    Switched from EON to OneSelect this summer as they offered me a reasonable rate that actually seemed to be based on my usage.

Their first bill they charged me a month early without any notifcation. It was also £12 higher than they'd quoted me on. They've now increased my bill again, after being with them little over 2 months. A 35% increase in 2 months, and probably £20 a month more than if I'd stuck with EON.

I have complained, but after reading the horror stories on here I don't expect much of a reply. Fortunately after such a short period of time, I haven't built up significant credit with them, so I am just going to switch back to EON.

But basically, avoid. Their whole business model seems to be to lure customers in with low quotes then hike prices immediately.
    • merchcon55
    • By merchcon55 26th Oct 18, 12:31 PM
    • 113 Posts
    • 100 Thanks
    merchcon55
    To add some balance - I have been with this company since July. Payments taken as advised. Received a quarterly bill in September.
    I called to ask how often should I submit readings. Call was answered quite quickly. Yesterday I sent a message and just had the reply a few minutes ago. So far, so good, and at a considerably lower rate than what I could get today.
    • nigelbb
    • By nigelbb 26th Oct 18, 1:54 PM
    • 2,450 Posts
    • 3,231 Thanks
    nigelbb
    Switched from EON to OneSelect this summer as they offered me a reasonable rate that actually seemed to be based on my usage.

Their first bill they charged me a month early without any notifcation. It was also £12 higher than they'd quoted me on. They've now increased my bill again, after being with them little over 2 months. A 35% increase in 2 months, and probably £20 a month more than if I'd stuck with EON.

I have complained, but after reading the horror stories on here I don't expect much of a reply. Fortunately after such a short period of time, I haven't built up significant credit with them, so I am just going to switch back to EON.

But basically, avoid. Their whole business model seems to be to lure customers in with low quotes then hike prices immediately.
    Originally posted by markusparkus
    I don't think that you understand how energy bills work. OneSelect are not putting the prices up just taking more in your DD to cover your consumption. It will all get sorted out over a period of months when your actual consumption becomes apparent.
    • Arnoldsboy48
    • By Arnoldsboy48 26th Oct 18, 2:53 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Arnoldsboy48
    Leaving Oneselect
    I left Oneselect on the 30th August, and I have not yet had my final bill. Each time I contact them they say that they have not received my final electricity reading. My present supplier, Avro Energy tell me that both my gas and electricity readings were verified on the 9th of September.and that the independent body would have sent the readings to Oneselect. Oneselect are holding approx £100 of my money, which I have overpaid, they increased my DD for the last few months. Have anybody else had the same problem? Has it been resolved?
    • IanStrachan
    • By IanStrachan 30th Oct 18, 12:24 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    IanStrachan
    First sign of problems?
    Switched to OneSelect in July 2017 and have been a happy customer ... online meter readings processed correctly, accurate & timely bills and cheaper than market for most of the time.

But this week I received notification of a 20% increase in my Direct Debit despite
    a) I am on a fixed rate until April 2019 - so DD should not alter unless usage increases
    b) My average ANNUAL consumption - on which the existing DD payment was based - has not increased. (I check it monthly; it has actually gone down slightly.)
    c) As expected I have a healthy credit balance going into the winter months, sufficient to cover higher usage (than spring/summer). Balance should reduce to about £50 when the fixed period ends and I switch again if necessary.

So the proposed increase can't be justified. I contacted OneSelect via the online form and they replied within 24 hours, agreeing to leave the DD at the original value.

My mother's account was given a 25% DD increase on the same day, in similar circumstances. Her avarage annual usage has increased slightly but I can't see how to justify an increase greater than 15%. Again I contacted them online and within 24 hours they accepted the lower figure.

But two large and unjustified increases on the same day left me wondering: why they are increasing DD payments? And am I happy leaving them holding my £200+credit balance?
    Last edited by IanStrachan; 30-10-2018 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Removed speculation
    • stuffforsell09
    • By stuffforsell09 31st Oct 18, 3:09 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    stuffforsell09
    OneSelect may be going Bankrupt
    Hi,
    Switched to one select approx. 6 months ago and very happy with tariff (a lot cheaper than my previous tariff). Paying just £20 a month during summer for Gas and Elec for a 3 bed House :-)

As my summer bills are so low my credit has crept up, which is fine as I can use this against my winter bills and my direct debit won't have to be increased.

I was perfectly happy with One Select until I saw an article yesterday saying One Select may be going bust and my credit will just vanish. I have asked today for One select to send me my credit ASAP but not sure if they will.

I thought I would warn other MSE's that is they are with One Select there is a chance of this supplier going under. Not sure what my rights are but I guess if they did go bust I would lose my credits. I suppose for people in debt to One Select they wouldn't have to pay.

Full article is on Times Newspaper yesterday.
    "A small energy supplier is facing financial questions after its Dutch sister company went bankrupt.
    A fast-growing, small energy company has reportedly been asking its customers to make sudden increased payments after its sister Dutch company went bankrupt.
    The company, One Select, is based in Reading, and only launched early last year. So far the supplier has approximately 40,000 customers signed up, many of whom did so for cut-price deals.
    One Select’s website says its team has ‘wide experience of gas and electricity supply’ after it launched Energieflex in the Netherlands in 2014. It says Energieflex is now a major supplier.
    However, according to The Times, the Energieflex license to to supply energy has been revoked by the Dutch regulatory body this month after they fell into financial difficult and declared bankruptcy.
    Dozens of small energy companies have launched in the UK over the last few years, but several have gone bankrupt and The Times reports that according to many analysts, a lot of the cheapest suppliers have been offering prices too low to be sustainable.
    Various consumer groups have also called for Ofgem, the UK energy regulator, to tighten up on their financial checks on new companies.
    There are complaints online from One Select customers, saying they have had increases on their direct debit payments and find it difficult to contact the company themselves.
    However, Ofgem has declined to make any statement about whether it has concerns about One Select."
    • Mister G
    • By Mister G 31st Oct 18, 3:26 PM
    • 1,072 Posts
    • 662 Thanks
    Mister G
    Do not worry, any credit you have is protected by Ofgem under its SoLR programme.
    • merchcon55
    • By merchcon55 1st Nov 18, 7:41 AM
    • 113 Posts
    • 100 Thanks
    merchcon55
    Interesting observation my last 2 meter readings have been removed from my online account. I have submitted a new reading today, and took a screen shot which says successfully submitted.

I have not had any requests for increased Direct Debit payments.

Can't say I have a good feeling about this company - had the choice to go with a more established small company (SO ENERGY) which would have been around £60 more per year and locked in a good rate for winter.

If One Select go kaput - the best rate I can get now would cost me over £200 more - a lesson learned perhaps. Don't always go for the cheapest ! We shall see.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 1st Nov 18, 9:24 AM
    • 5,608 Posts
    • 2,492 Thanks
    brewerdave
    WAS thinking of One Select as my next leccy supplier when First Utility get my SOLR switch from Usio finally sorted. However, reading the last handful of comments I think it's back to the drawing board!!
    • far
    • By far 1st Nov 18, 12:11 PM
    • 332 Posts
    • 111 Thanks
    far
    Switched away from them in July last year and, unbeknownst to me, they still had a sizeable credit balance of mine. I only found out as I got a final bill by email on Tuesday. This is shocking service and trying to contact them to get the credit back is hard. Guess this will be going to the Energy Ombudsman in a few weeks
    • efpom
    • By efpom 3rd Nov 18, 5:04 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    efpom
    26 Sept 2018 DD @ £41 taken

30 Sept 2018 Contract Start date

12 Oct 2018 notification of purported review DD will increase to £71 a 75% increase.

13 Oct 2018 Challenge to that to Company secretary – 7 days to reply providing full particulars.

22 Oct 2018 No reply – DD cancelled

25 Oct 2018 Reply to request for full particulars – calculation arriving at £71 bears no relationship to estimated consumption or to historical consumption record held by consumer – Oneselect figures taken from “a national database”

26 Oct 2018 “Raises more questions than answers” Please further clarify e.g. what national database.?

2 Nov 2018 reply expected

Check out trustpilot reviews
    • wavelets
    • By wavelets 3rd Nov 18, 4:27 PM
    • 1,162 Posts
    • 514 Thanks
    wavelets
    26 Sept 2018 DD @ £41 taken

30 Sept 2018 Contract Start date

12 Oct 2018 notification of purported review DD will increase to £71 a 75% increase.

13 Oct 2018 Challenge to that to Company secretary – 7 days to reply providing full particulars.

22 Oct 2018 No reply – DD cancelled

25 Oct 2018 Reply to request for full particulars – calculation arriving at £71 bears no relationship to estimated consumption or to historical consumption record held by consumer – Oneselect figures taken from “a national database”

26 Oct 2018 “Raises more questions than answers” Please further clarify e.g. what national database.?

2 Nov 2018 reply expected

Check out trustpilot reviews
    Originally posted by efpom
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=74780609&postcount=279

Respect at getting up at 6am on a Saturday morning to make this post!
    (or perhaps you've not been to bed yet?)

Here is an explanation of the meter reading validation process carried out by an independent meter validation company.
    This is provided by So Energy, but is common to all energy suppliers
    https://www.so.energy/so/help-and-advice/faq/switching-to-us/Opening-Read-Validation

Whilst the article relates more specifically to opening reads, suppliers carry out a similar process for any customer supplied meter reading. Accordingly, the independent meter validation company will also have consumption profiles and those can be consulted on in a similar manner.

In short, the supplier does not believe you supported by evidence provided by the independent meter validation company.

And I do not believe trustpilot reviews
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43907695

Fake online reviews are being openly traded on the internet, a BBC investigation has found.

BBC 5 live Investigates was able to buy a false, five-star recommendation placed on one of the world's leading review websites, Trustpilot.
    ok, that was for fake positive reviews, but if positive reviews can be faked, so can negatrive ones.
    Last edited by wavelets; 03-11-2018 at 4:59 PM.
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 3rd Nov 18, 11:59 PM
    • 16,725 Posts
    • 23,667 Thanks
    antrobus
    ....As my summer bills are so low my credit has crept up, which is fine as I can use this against my winter bills and my direct debit won't have to be increased.
    Originally posted by stuffforsell09
    Ditto, but they have still upped my DD amount. The toerags are apparently unhappy with an account that's over £300 in credit, and want me to build up another £300's worth of credit.

I thought I would warn other MSE's that is they are with One Select there is a chance of this supplier going under. Not sure what my rights are but I guess if they did go bust I would lose my credits. I suppose for people in debt to One Select they wouldn't have to pay.
    Originally posted by stuffforsell09
    Confirmation that Flexenergie B.V. is insolvent.
    https://www.faillissementsdossier.nl/en/suspensionofpayment/1442296/flexenergie-b-v.aspx

You won't lose your credit balance. That is protected by OFGEM. And the people in debt will still have to pay, But if they do go bust it will still be a PITA.

They may well have 40,000 customers signed up at the moment, but it's gonna be 39,999 pretty darned soon.
    • teresa.heffer
    • By teresa.heffer 5th Nov 18, 8:24 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    teresa.heffer
    This happened to me too!
    • nigelbb
    • By nigelbb 6th Nov 18, 6:25 AM
    • 2,450 Posts
    • 3,231 Thanks
    nigelbb
    Ditto, but they have still upped my DD amount. The toerags are apparently unhappy with an account that's over £300 in credit, and want me to build up another £300's worth of credit.

Confirmation that Flexenergie B.V. is insolvent.
    https://www.faillissementsdossier.nl/en/suspensionofpayment/1442296/flexenergie-b-v.aspx

You won't lose your credit balance. That is protected by OFGEM. And the people in debt will still have to pay, But if they do go bust it will still be a PITA.
    Originally posted by antrobus
    I still owe IRESA a couple of hundred pounds as they never managed to send me a final bill a year before they went bust. I think it unlikely that I will be pursued for that debt now.
  • archived user
    I still owe IRESA a couple of hundred pounds as they never managed to send me a final bill a year before they went bust. I think it unlikely that I will be pursued for that debt now.
    Originally posted by nigelbb
    I wouldn't hold your breath. Deloitte LLP are the appointed administrators and a major part of their work will be the recovery of all monies owed to Iresa. Your case could become an interesting test of The Back Billing Code.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

98Posts Today

1,418Users online

Martin's Twitter