0845 Cheap calls to ordinary ISP's.

::)
I'm new to this so apologies for dimness. Re cheap calls. About 1/3 of my call chargs (BT) are to mt ISP on an 0845 number. Not suffcient usage or requirement to justify BB yet. Whats the deal wityh the cheap suppliers, 1886 etc? I have noticed that some of the bigger guys Talk Talk etc, are a bit sheepish about their rates for connection to 0845 numbers as they are greater than BT.

ta in advance.

Comments

• If you are with TalkTalk you can get 33% off one 0845 number by putting it in your "circle of friends"

TalkTalk online also do 1p a minute at all times 0845 with a 99p monthly charge after November.
  • BT charge 1p off peak per minute for 0845.
    Talktalk charge 1.5p off peak per minute for 0845.
    Kind of defeats the value of the 33% reduction from TalkTalk.

Isn't talktalk's 1p/min all the time deal for their own internet service (not any 0845)?
  • Yes, I said TalkTalk online, sorry I should have put the website http://talktalk.net
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    ::)
    I'm new to this so apologies for dimness. Re cheap calls. About 1/3 of my call chargs (BT) are to mt ISP on an 0845 number. Not suffcient usage or requirement to justify BB yet. Whats the deal wityh the cheap suppliers, 1886 etc? I have noticed that some of the bigger guys Talk Talk etc, are a bit sheepish about their rates for connection to 0845 numbers as they are greater than BT.

BT tend to be cheapest for 0845 and 0870 numbers.

Also don't foget that you can use Friends and Family/Bestfriend with BT for 0845 numbers.

Regards
    Sunil
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family