Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Samantha
    • By Former MSE Samantha 28th Jan 13, 3:26 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Former MSE Samantha
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Scottish Power
    • 28th Jan 13, 3:26 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Scottish Power 28th Jan 13 at 3:26 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Scottish Power

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 23-10-2014 at 9:26 AM.
Page 5
  • victoria04
    have just sent an email to above address

thank you xx
    • POLAR BILL
    • By POLAR BILL 19th Dec 13, 10:26 PM
    • 141 Posts
    • 106 Thanks
    POLAR BILL
    I am with Scottish Power and wonder if I can apply for WARM FRONT allowance. Our family income including working tax credit and child tax credit is below the threshold. Does anyone know if interest received on ISA investments, bonds and bank accounts is included as income? Also child benefit which I believe is not included.
    • Froglet
    • By Froglet 20th Dec 13, 7:27 AM
    • 2,573 Posts
    • 3,028 Thanks
    Froglet
    Well,i have applied as we are under the allowance.I work part time and have interest from savings,hubby also has a small pension only.

Not yet heard if we are eligible but it does no harm to apply. Go for it!
    • syco1
    • By syco1 20th Dec 13, 8:28 AM
    • 116 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    syco1
    Difficulty getting refund
    I would advise everyone not to use Scottish Power. I left them on 1st November because they put my direct debit up twice in under a month - the second time before they had even taken the initial increased payment. I am a very low user due to fuel poverty, and I needed the 100 back for Xmas, but they don't care. They said 4 to 6 weeks, but now that has gone they say they have only just got my final readings from my new supplier (I did supply them myself but they wouldn't accept them). They haven't got round to making up my final bill (4 to 6 week again) and even then they won't refund unless I ring and ask. Merry Christmas to all at Scottish Power !
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 20th Dec 13, 9:39 AM
    • 4,535 Posts
    • 2,897 Thanks
    matelodave
    I was quite happy with their service, but not happy with the amount of time that it's taking to refund my 100+ credit now that I've left them.
    Credit that we wouldn't have ramped up if they'd not faffed about with the direct debits during the year.
  • finash
    Scottish Power
    They don't answer their helplines, or reply to emails. They've owed me over 250 since I left them at the beginning of November. The account is closed, final bill paid, all done online, they just won't send me my money! Seems like they do this to everyone that leaves them, so I will be adding interest charges when I write to their Complaints Director on Monday morning giving him a deadline for sorting it out before I take legal advice!
    • By 2010 22nd Dec 13, 5:34 AM
    • 4,247 Posts
    • 3,365 Thanks
    I write to their Complaints Director on Monday morning giving him a deadline for sorting it out before I take legal advice!
    Originally posted by finash

https://www.scottishpower.co.uk/support-centre/service-and-standards/complaints/

Call us on 0800 027 7771
    (Monday to Friday 8am - 7pm, Saturday 8.30am - 1pm) Email us at customer.services@scottishpower.co.uk
    Most issues are resolved after investigation by us at this initial stage.
    Last edited by 2010; 22-12-2013 at 5:37 AM.
  • benchin440
    only one work needed "Horrendous"
    Hit the Gym HARD!!!
    • POLAR BILL
    • By POLAR BILL 23rd Dec 13, 2:20 PM
    • 141 Posts
    • 106 Thanks
    POLAR BILL
    Why is everyone so down on Scottish Power? People have problems with all companies at some time. It is how life is. Personally after 14 months with Scottish Power, I have had no problems at all. Long may it last.
    • Bluebirdman of Alcathays
    • By Bluebirdman of Alcathays 23rd Dec 13, 2:26 PM
    • 2,748 Posts
    • 3,171 Thanks
    Bluebirdman of Alcathays
    Why is everyone so down on Scottish Power? People have problems with all companies at some time. It is how life is. Personally after 14 months with Scottish Power, I have had no problems at all. Long may it last.
    Originally posted by POLAR BILL

Can you not see the contradiction here? Maybe when you have a problem, you'll change your opinion?
    • Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 23rd Dec 13, 3:17 PM
    • 6,183 Posts
    • 35,799 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    Yep, we had a problem, and had to miss two payments over the last year or so. Very happy with SP, even when the readins were wrong. one phone call, and it was sorted.

very happy
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    Defibrillators Cannot Cure a Heart Attack!
    • Dustykitten
    • By Dustykitten 23rd Dec 13, 4:57 PM
    • 16,409 Posts
    • 281,332 Thanks
    Dustykitten
    They don't answer their helplines, or reply to emails. They've owed me over 250 since I left them at the beginning of November. The account is closed, final bill paid, all done online, they just won't send me my money! Seems like they do this to everyone that leaves them, so I will be adding interest charges when I write to their Complaints Director on Monday morning giving him a deadline for sorting it out before I take legal advice!
    They owe me too, but not nearly as much. I was told I'd get the payment by cheque in about 6 weeks after waiting for 50 minutes for the phone to be answered.

The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
    • elle may
    • By elle may 24th Dec 13, 3:41 PM
    • 244 Posts
    • 125 Thanks
    elle may
    Switched to sp nov26 though cheap energy club in 4-6 weeks.contacted by sp and kept informed all the way asked for meter readings and this was put onto my new account as atlantic had been to read my meter. so i suppose they both agreed very quickly. Now on xmas eve sp has sent their meter reader a month later so my readings should be spot on. Atlantic get my thanks too as they have given my final bill, paid my loyalty bonus and my g&e credit in record time. Just need my cheap energy club payment now. I am feeling the love from both these energy firms ,long may it last.
    • By 2010 24th Dec 13, 5:09 PM
    • 4,247 Posts
    • 3,365 Thanks
    I am feeling the love from both these energy firms ,long may it last.
    Originally posted by elle may
    Well with SP it will last until you switch again, then you`ll feel the hate trying to get your in credit money paid back to you without a lot of hassle.

Read the horror stories on their own facebook page.
    • elle may
    • By elle may 24th Dec 13, 9:23 PM
    • 244 Posts
    • 125 Thanks
    elle may
    Well, what can i say. i praise when i have had good service and complain when i dont. I just thought after reading other horror stories on all the energy companies i give a little hope that not all switches have gone wrong, and that we should still keep getting the best deals we can. I cant help being an optimist. MERRY CHRISTMAS.
    • POLAR BILL
    • By POLAR BILL 25th Dec 13, 5:26 PM
    • 141 Posts
    • 106 Thanks
    POLAR BILL
    Can you not see the contradiction here? Maybe when you have a problem, you'll change your opinion?
    Originally posted by Bluebirdman of Alcathays
    I was not saying I have never had problems, merely that I have not had any problems with Scottish Power.

If I have a problem, then yes I may well change my opinion, but for now, ever the optimist I will stay satisfied with Scottish Power.
    Last edited by POLAR BILL; 26-12-2013 at 9:54 AM.
    • mrcurly1975
    • By mrcurly1975 31st Dec 13, 9:29 AM
    • 32 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    mrcurly1975
    Exactly the same problem. I have raised a complaint and received an email saying the balance would be paid within 5 working days. That was on 17th December....its now 31st December and still no money refunded.

Appalling service....don't touch this company with a ten foot barge pole.
    • Dave save
    • By Dave save 31st Dec 13, 2:19 PM
    • 314 Posts
    • 288 Thanks
    Dave save
    Exactly the same problem. I have raised a complaint and received an email saying the balance would be paid within 5 working days. That was on 17th December....its now 31st December and still no money refunded.

Appalling service....don't touch this company with a ten foot barge pole.
    Originally posted by mrcurly1975

This is exactly the same as me. I left Scottish Power on 5th November, having been promised the refund of my credit. After chasing for 3 weeks, I received the final bill on 11th December. I have phoned several times and e mailed, yet still they have not given me my credit owed. The last time I called them was 30th December, and they give the reason for the delay as 'this is the industry standard for all suppliers'.

Very shoddy company, poor customer service, and they will not be receiving my custom in the future.
    • By 2010 31st Dec 13, 3:03 PM
    • 4,247 Posts
    • 3,365 Thanks
    I might as well add my 2p worth.
    Left SP on 24th Nov. and despite phone calls and emails, no refund of my in credit balance.
    Logged a complaint on 23rd Dec. and received the following via email.

I have raised a complaint under reference xxxxxxxxx and escalated this to our Customer Care Team.

This team is dedicated to resolving customer complaints. They will investigate the issue(s) you have raised and contact you within the next 5 working days to give you an update and/or resolve your complaint.

A full explanation of our complaints procedure is available at:
    http://www.scottishpower.co.uk/support-centre/service-and-standards/complaints.aspx

I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused in the delay of your refund.

The five working days are up on the 2nd Jan. although I`m not expecting much to happen.
    "The team is dedicated to resolving customer complaints."
    That`s dead easy, pay what you owe me.

It`s pretty obvious this lot know they have about eight weeks to keep your money before you can even go to the Ombudsman and that`s after logging a complaint.

They`re a shoddy company who won`t even be considered when I switch again.
    What they need is a small claims summons issued to them, maybe then they`ll get the message.

As for Ofgem, they`re not interested. (as usual)

ps I notice their link above is not valid, says it all!
    Last edited by 2010; 31-12-2013 at 3:05 PM.
    • By 2010 31st Dec 13, 5:33 PM
    • 4,247 Posts
    • 3,365 Thanks
    https://www.facebook.com/ScottishPower

Scroll down passed the Santas and read the posts about this useless company.
    Click on "view more comments" and read even more dissatisfaction about them.

Avoid at all costs.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,665Posts Today

6,354Users online

Martin's Twitter