No Craft Spending in 2020 - I will bust my stash this year!!!

Options

Comments

• craftingmad
    craftingmad Posts: 2,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    rosie51 wrote: »
    No makes to declare but have thrown a bag of rubbish from stash into dustbin and gifted 15 balls of wool to a group that knits for charity. My cupboards will soon be bare and then what will i do.
    Total upto 61/150, may need to aim for a higher number.
    Hope you all have a good weekend and made loads of stuff.xx

If your cupboards are bare you are allowed to go shopping for more stash rosie51:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Well done on the gifting - I'm sure the group will put the wool to very good use :T:T:T
    Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
  • craftingmad
    Options
    Decorated and finished another sensory blanket today. I love seeing my total go up each day!

31/100

Its a fantastic feeling isn't it loopychris and it really helps me stay motivated :D:D:D
    Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
  • craftingmad
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    No makes this last week. Between hospital appointments for my daughter I have been busy decluttering and spring cleaning.

We are planning on doing a car boot sale this next summer so all the decluttering is going in boxes in the shed and loft. Got about 100 books, and 2 boxes of stuff so far, some of which is craft stuff.

Have found some more half done craft projects. Have all of them in a box now, and the idea is that I go to that box first when I want to craft, but don't need to make something specific.

I will have some stuff to add to my make list this week.

I love the idea of a go to box kathrynha :):):) I think I may well copy this idea if its ok with you :D:D:D

Well done on the declutter as well - I started last year and have lots of boxes around the house waiting for me to do a car boot sale too -lets hope for good weather this spring and summer as I think I will have to do hundreds to get rid of all my junk! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • craftingmad
    Options
    I'm declaring two more makes from last night :)

A hama bead Sonic the Hedgehog which I made with my son and I'm rather proud of. I think the plan is to frame all of our creations when we have made a few more and use it as art in his room :D:D:D

I also made a quick gift tag from a greeting sentiment I have had for ages in my stash and some ribbon ready for my hubbies 50th birthday present (which I still have not bought/made yet :eek:)

So my total now stands at 119/2020 - only two more to go until I have less than 2000 items left to make to reach my target ;););)
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I love the idea of a go to box kathrynha :):):) I think I may well copy this idea if its ok with you :D:D:D

Well done on the declutter as well - I started last year and have lots of boxes around the house waiting for me to do a car boot sale too -lets hope for good weather this spring and summer as I think I will have to do hundreds to get rid of all my junk! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Please copy my idea if it helps you.

My car boot plan is to sell lots cheaply and keep the pricing simple. Boxes of stuff all at 50p or £1, then just a few things that are more money. The decluttering without adding to landfill is more important than the money made, although the money made will be nice.
    Zebras rock
  • loopychriss
    Options
    Two more from me today, bet you can't guess what!!!

33/100
    Keep Calm and Carry On Kondoing

• emsi_b
    emsi_b Posts: 364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I have yet to finish anything off, plague central over here :(

I have however started a few things- a Christmas card (I always enjoy making Christmas cards more in january), just needs a stamped insert; started sewing up the dungarees until I ran out of navy thread (I now have a huge reel, so should be fine- managed to not get any more craft stuff whilst buying that!!!); and I also started cutting out and tracing the Peter rabbit quilt applique pieces. I only bought the first three issues to get a couple of patterns on the cheap, and sold the rotary cutter straight away, so quids in and it's on the go.

I do have some time off booked next month, so hopefully a few more bits will get finished then! It's also BYOP craft club next week, so I will get a few cards made too (only including them when the inserts are done too).
    Make £2024 in 2024- £352.54/£2024

41/200- bust my craft stash 2024! £10.80 spent
    211/200- bust my craft stash 2023!
  • Wraithlady
    Options
    I have finally finished something - a stretch velour top for work. It involved threading, rethreading, pleading with and finally threatening the $%%^!!!@ overlocker, but we got there.

1 down, 24 to go
    2024 Fashion on the Ration - 10/66 coupons used
    Crafting 2024 - 1/9 items finished
  • Eyebright
    Eyebright Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    edited 22 January 2020 at 2:40PM
    Options
    Hi everyone, please can I join your merry band?
    I have done lots of acquiring of crafting items in the last year, (mostly for card making), as I wanted a crafty hobby, and decided that I would like to be able to make my own cards and gift tags, but have failed spectacularly at actually making anything!

I have set myself a New Year's resolution to make all my own cards and gift tags this year, and this challeneg seems a fab way to encourage me with that goal and try to limit the acquisition side of crafting!

I have already made a birthday card for my brother, and a birthday card for my little one to take to a 4th birthday party at the weekend. I need to make a tag for the present as well as a birthday card for my MIL off us and one off LO, as well as a sympathy card for my friend who recently lost her father. So I have lots of crafting to do!

I'll set myself a goal of 100 cards/tags to make this year, though not sure how many I will actually need! I'm sorry my post has gotten a bit rambly, I'll stop waffling now! :rotfl:
    POAYDBX 2020 #? 20/4000
    1 debt vs 100 days #14 20/1000
    Saving for Christmas 2020 50/500
    EF Saving 285/500
  • craftingmad
    Options
    Two more from me today, bet you can't guess what!!!

33/100

I couldn't possibly guess loopychriss :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback