Sainsbury's to launch Nectar 'double-up' promo – here's what you need to know - MSE News story

Options

Comments

• pennypenny123
    Options
    My voucher arrived yesterday. Ordered 2/11/19
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,819 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Mine arrived 9/11
  • Vegastare
    Options
    Well post arrived and still no vouchers.
  • Vegastare
    Options
    Update

OK so my vouchers have now been cancelled as possibly lost and....drum roll Sainsburys are aware there is a problem!! say's their Online Chat... Wow sound like the Apollo 13 Houston "we have a problem"....oh and what date does Double up commence!!!!yep 13th

So have been instructed to do it the old way.....Oh aren't Sainsburys going to be pleased with me on Wednesday, just checked and have all points gone back into my account....so have printed off the chat plus the email saying vouchers on the way...will update you with the outcome ......
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,586 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Vegastare wrote: »
    Update

OK so my vouchers have now been cancelled as possibly lost and....drum roll Sainsburys are aware there is a problem!! say's their Online Chat... Wow sound like the Apollo 13 Houston "we have a problem"....oh and what date does Double up commence!!!!yep 13th

So have been instructed to do it the old way.....Oh aren't Sainsburys going to be pleased with me on Wednesday, just checked and have all points gone back into my account....so have printed off the chat plus the email saying vouchers on the way...will update you with the outcome ......

Sorry that you've been inconvenienced vegastare but I'm secretly (well openly really;)) delighted that Sainsbury's have coc*ed this up. All this has been about making it as difficult as possible to try and push everyone towards their new app.

Perhaps next year they'll learn that it's not what customers want. But when did that ever influence them.:(
  • Vegastare
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Sorry that you've been inconvenienced vegastare but I'm secretly (well openly really;)) delighted that Sainsbury's have coc*ed this up. All this has been about making it as difficult as possible to try and push everyone towards their new app.

Perhaps next year they'll learn that it's not what customers want. But when did that ever influence them.:(

Well Maman I have hoped that for the last 13 months regarding New Nectar...we were one of a handful of trial stores who had this shoved on them last October.
    Despite the complaints to staff( and understand it has been many) they have still rolled it out nationally.....so doubtless it is here to stay.

Just to be warned - Nectar move the goal posts and never tell you, when it first started you picked 5 favourites(to keep) which you had in addition to what Nectar sends weekly....that stopped in the summer with no notification.

So I would make the most of this Double Up because I can see it going down the Nectar drain.

Last Friday a man in store was angry with staff - saying that the £100 limit was a disgrace....he had obviously saved more points. I felt sorry for the lady, but that is the problem with these things the front line staff get it every time

But when you go down the New Nectar road you soon see how it predicts your spending.....and I can see why the limit has come about, if you work New Nectar to your advantage you will earn many more points than last year....
  • maman
    Options
    I only buy bits and pieces in Sainsburys as I'm an Aldi shopper. Most of my points come from DH using eBay and buying train tickets.

My favourites are odd things that I only buy occasionally or I've bought YS or if they've been out of stock in Aldi so not tempted to buy. It wouldn't make sense to pay more for an item in Sainsburys just to get a few more points when I can save actual cash buying in Aldi.

I'll try for a voucher on the app and hope for the best. It's a crazy system but I'll try to make it work for me. :D
  • rawhammered
    Options
    live chated Nectar this morning and got both my wife and I's £100 of point refunded as the vouchers are yet to arrive (ordered on the 30th Oct!). Will do it by the app IF it works tomorrow.

Still, hope the vouchers do arrive via post at some point, would be nice to get £200 of free goods.
  • maman
    Options
    live chated Nectar this morning and got both my wife and I's £100 of point refunded as the vouchers are yet to arrive (ordered on the 30th Oct!). Will do it by the app IF it works tomorrow.

Still, hope the vouchers do arrive via post at some point, would be nice to get £200 of free goods.

Surely they'll be linked to your account so would have been cancelled when you got the refund.

Incidentally, do you and your wife have separate accounts? We have linked cards so I assumed we could only have one voucher.
  • rawhammered
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Surely they'll be linked to your account so would have been cancelled when you got the refund.

Incidentally, do you and your wife have separate accounts? We have linked cards so I assumed we could only have one voucher.

who knows with Sainsbury's IT systems....

We have separate cards with different card numbers, but the points are linked so when we log onto our respective accounts we see the same points balance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure