Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jowilki
    • By Jowilki 11th Feb 19, 12:14 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Jowilki
    Parking eye & equita
    • 11th Feb 19, 12:14 PM
    Parking eye & equita 11th Feb 19 at 12:14 PM
    Help please new to forum.

Last year received a PNC from parking eye. Overstaying at Asda in Shipley West Yorkshire by 30 minutes. Appealed to POPLA and lost. Sister company Equita then started sending letters and quadrupled this initial fee....all ignored. I got in contact with Asda head office sent through all relevant paperwork to them. On 15.5.18 email from Asda to confirm parking fine cancelled and to allow 30 days. If any further letters received from Equita to ignore this as system generated letters. Heard nothing at all until 2 days ago letter from Equita to advise passing account back to Parking Eye suggesting enfotcement/legal action??????? (Same letter sent May 18)
    Contacted Asda by phone today to be told " we can only request fine is cancelled but parking eye have final say on matter. Apologies galore from Asda but they advise nothing further they can do. Asked question why this information was not given to me in May 2018, thry advised it should be been included in email but definately wasnt.
    What do I do now???
    Please help as thought this nightmare had disappeared but hasn't and Asda not very helpful
Page 1
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 11th Feb 19, 12:34 PM
    • 10,508 Posts
    • 13,896 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 11th Feb 19, 12:34 PM
    • 11th Feb 19, 12:34 PM
    Help please new to forum.

Last year received a PNC from parking eye. Overstaying at Asda in Shipley West Yorkshire by 30 minutes. Appealed to POPLA and lost. Sister company Equita then started sending letters and quadrupled this initial fee....all ignored. I got in contact with Asda head office sent through all relevant paperwork to them. On 15.5.18 email from Asda to confirm parking fine cancelled and to allow 30 days. If any further letters received from Equita to ignore this as system generated letters. Heard nothing at all until 2 days ago letter from Equita to advise passing account back to Parking Eye suggesting enfotcement/legal action??????? (Same letter sent May 18)
    Contacted Asda by phone today to be told " we can only request fine is cancelled but parking eye have final say on matter. Apologies galore from Asda but they advise nothing further they can do. Asked question why this information was not given to me in May 2018, thry advised it should be been included in email but definately wasnt.
    What do I do now???
    Please help as thought this nightmare had disappeared but hasn't and Asda not very helpful
    Originally posted by Jowilki
    Amazing story ...... Equita are simply money thugs to ignore

You had an email dated 15th May 2018 saying that it had been cancelled.

Then today Asda said it was up to Parking Eye ?????

If you are certain the email of the 15th May stated it was cancelled, time now to ask the CEO what is the scam that's running in his car parks ?
    You also need to ask the CEO who is the boss of the outfit, Asda or Parking Eye ?
    You are now being threatened with legal action and request he intervenes and cancels immediately.

Mr Roger Burnley Chief Executive

Email roger.burnley@asda.co.uk
    Last edited by beamerguy; 11-02-2019 at 12:38 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • onlyfoolsandparking
    • By onlyfoolsandparking 11th Feb 19, 12:48 PM
    • 580 Posts
    • 767 Thanks
    onlyfoolsandparking
    • 11th Feb 19, 12:48 PM
    • 11th Feb 19, 12:48 PM
    If you have an email from Landowner (15.5.2018) stating the fine (NOT!! a fine) confirming cancellation then you have nothing further to fear.

Yes Asda are probably correct in their assumption of computer generated BS from Parking Lie and to give it 30 days but providing you have kept this email (I would print off and file/keep) then if the fools were to take you to court you would win easily AND be able to claim your costs.

All in all a good result and one which EVERYBODY!!! should pursue a Landowner cancellation, an LOC is Kryptonite to parking scammers lol
    The real meaning of life is the pursuit of happiness and avoidance of pain
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 11th Feb 19, 12:58 PM
    • 10,508 Posts
    • 13,896 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 11th Feb 19, 12:58 PM
    • 11th Feb 19, 12:58 PM

Yes Asda are probably correct in their assumption of computer generated BS from Parking Lie and to give it 30 days but providing you have kept this email (I would print off and file/keep) then if the fools were to take you to court you would win easily AND be able to claim your costs.

Originally posted by onlyfoolsandparking
    Hiya Del Boy, assumptions can kill or are you talking about Brexit here ?

It's the CEO and nobody else people should complain to, the CEO will make a decision not an assumption

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Jowilki
    • By Jowilki 11th Feb 19, 1:00 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Jowilki
    • 11th Feb 19, 1:00 PM
    • 11th Feb 19, 1:00 PM
    Hi beamerguy
    Many Thanks for the reply yes the email from Asda dared 15.5.18 definitely states " I have arranged to get the parking charge cancelled as of today"
    I will now compose an email to CEO of Asda and see what his reply is to this matrer. So glad i didnt delete these previous emails from Asda
    Many Thanks once again
    • Jowilki
    • By Jowilki 11th Feb 19, 1:03 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Jowilki
    • 11th Feb 19, 1:03 PM
    • 11th Feb 19, 1:03 PM
    Hi onlyfoolsandparking

Many Thanks for your reply.
    Yes I definitely still have the email from Asda confirming the parking charge would be cancelled. So glad i kept This!!!!!
    Many Thanks for your comments
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 11th Feb 19, 1:05 PM
    • 10,508 Posts
    • 13,896 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 11th Feb 19, 1:05 PM
    • 11th Feb 19, 1:05 PM
    Hi beamerguy
    Many Thanks for the reply yes the email from Asda dared 15.5.18 definitely states " I have arranged to get the parking charge cancelled as of today"
    I will now compose an email to CEO of Asda and see what his reply is to this matrer. So glad i didnt delete these previous emails from Asda
    Many Thanks once again
    Originally posted by Jowilki
    Good, it's now the CEO's problem, not yours. Let us know

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Feb 19, 1:06 PM
    • 21,967 Posts
    • 34,626 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 11th Feb 19, 1:06 PM
    • 11th Feb 19, 1:06 PM
    Log on to the 'Pay My PCN' (or whatever they call it) on the PE website, as if to pay the charge, and see what it says about the charge status.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Jowilki
    • By Jowilki 11th Feb 19, 1:14 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Jowilki
    • 11th Feb 19, 1:14 PM
    • 11th Feb 19, 1:14 PM
    Yes I will let you know how I get on 😁
    • Jowilki
    • By Jowilki 11th Feb 19, 1:16 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Jowilki
    Hi there
    Still shows outstanding & 130 payable!!!! After Equita added on their own charges to the original 70 PNC
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 11th Feb 19, 1:18 PM
    • 4,827 Posts
    • 5,829 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Well ignore Equita
    If its gone to Equita PE wiLL NOT be trying court. They have NO history of going to court having sent it to Equita first.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 11th Feb 19, 1:20 PM
    • 12,042 Posts
    • 12,117 Thanks
    The Deep
    The excess charges are unlawful, even if a court upholds the charge. Write bad stuff on Asda' Facebook page and contact you MP.

The whole industry is a scam, relying on threats of court, and the public's ignorance of the Law, A bill is currently before parliament which will regulate the scammers, many of whom are ex-clampers.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of alleged contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors. Is has been suggested by an MP that some of these companies may have connections to organised crime.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, (especially Smart}, and others have already been named and shamed in the House of Commons as have Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each week), hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned. They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

The problem has become so widespread that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers.

Sir Greg Knight's Private Members Bill to curb the excesses, and perhaps close down, some of these companies passed its Second Reading in the Lords this month, and, with a fair wind, will l become Law later this year..

All five readings are available to watch on the internet, (some 7-8 hours), and published in Hansard. MPs have an extremely low opinion of the industry. Many are complaining that they are becoming overwhelmed by complaints from members of the public. Add to their burden, complain in the most robust terms about the scammers.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • onlyfoolsandparking
    • By onlyfoolsandparking 11th Feb 19, 1:22 PM
    • 580 Posts
    • 767 Thanks
    onlyfoolsandparking
    Hiya Del Boy, assumptions can kill or are you talking about Brexit here ?

It's the CEO and nobody else people should complain to, the CEO will make a decision not an assumption
    Originally posted by beamerguy

Its not good to be right all the time you know that's why I throw in a few 'Tester' statements every now and then just to keep you on your toes

I too am glad you kept the e-mails you just got to be 100% watertight with everything especially with scammers.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 11th Feb 19, 1:27 PM
    • 10,508 Posts
    • 13,896 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Its not good to be right all the time you know that's why I throw in a few 'Tester' statements every now and then just to keep you on your toes
    Originally posted by onlyfoolsandparking
    You still at Mandella House Del ?

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • onlyfoolsandparking
    • By onlyfoolsandparking 11th Feb 19, 1:46 PM
    • 580 Posts
    • 767 Thanks
    onlyfoolsandparking
    You still at Mandella House Del ?
    Originally posted by beamerguy

Nelson Mandela house if you don't mind
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,327Posts Today

8,457Users online

Martin's Twitter