Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 31st Dec 18, 8:18 AM
    • 4,574Posts
    • 79,386Thanks
    Chrisv
    Slimming through the Winter - Slimming World support thread 2019
    • 31st Dec 18, 8:18 AM
    Slimming through the Winter - Slimming World support thread 2019 31st Dec 18 at 8:18 AM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you, go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list; so that's pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra choice and one Healthy Extra choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=66049704&postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
Page 59
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 9th Feb 19, 7:37 PM
    • 5,883 Posts
    • 43,515 Thanks
    joedenise
    A lovely bright day today but still very windy. Wish I'd left my washing until today but did it yesterday and then tumbled dried it. Haven't got enough for another load so expect it'll have to be tumble dried when I have got enough!

Today's plan:

B - SW fry up - bacon, egg, mushrooms, peppers, onions, beans
    L - HM hummus (1.5 syn per portion); 3 Ryvita (HEB); carrot sticks, baby corn
    D - HM chicken dhansak; rice. May make some onion Bhajis if I can be bothered!

HEA - milk in drinks; probably won't have 2nd HEA
    HEB - 3 Ryvita
    Syns - tahini 1.5; not sure what else as seem to have gone off red wine! no idea why!

Denise
    Originally posted by joedenise
    The chicken dhansak was really good - will probably add a little more chilli powder when I make it again as it was a bit milder than I like. I used the BBC Good Food recipe.

Couldn't be bothered to make the onion Bhajis but don't think I would have been able to eat them if I had!

Decided on some white wine to use the rest of my Syns this evening.

Denise
    • sarymclary
    • By sarymclary 9th Feb 19, 10:30 PM
    • 2,848 Posts
    • 8,463 Thanks
    sarymclary
    Hello all,

Some great losses coming in, congrats to anyone with a STS or loss - it's not again so that's a win!

Had a nice day out today, and decided that as we were only 45 mins from my best friend in Liverpool that we'd push the journey a bit further and so made an impromptu visit for a cuppa before setting back off home again. It's was roughly a 350 mile round trip, but with the break in the journey it didn't feel like that far to be honest.

Tonight is treat night for dinner, and I have attempted to keep syns in the 'bank' in readiness for it.

B - 0% yogurt & apple (1)
    snack - apple
    L - porridge HEB with water & milk from HEA, sugar (1)
    snack - nectarine
    D - duck with hoisin sauce, pancakes (13) & mixed salad: lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, spring onions
    rest of HEA milk in tea/coffee
    Knowing I was having a treat kept me totally on track today. We stopped for a coffee at the services on the way home and OH had a lemon muffin (almost 500 cals!!) and I was perfectly happy with my americano knowing I had a nice dinner to come later.

Feeling very envious of all of those going on holiday, especially to warmer, brighter climes. Wishing you all a wonderful time and bon voyage!
    One day the clocks will stop, and time won't mean a thing

Be nice to your children, they'll choose your care home
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 10th Feb 19, 8:05 AM
    • 5,883 Posts
    • 43,515 Thanks
    joedenise
    Am fed up because my kitchen/extension hasn't been finished this week as the builder has got flu. Hopefully he'll be back on Monday to get it finished. Think it must have affected us more than I thought as we decided we wanted to get away again! So we have booked Eurotunnel and will take the motorhome across to France for a couple of next. Have good for the week after next!

Am now determined to get as close as possible to bottom end of target before we go!

Went slightly over Syns yesterday as DH dished me up some Halo Top ice cream but it was more than 1/4 tub so synned it as 1/2 tub which told me over by 3.5 syns! I'll pull that back over the next couple of days easily.

Today's plan:

B - SW fry up
    L - prawn salad with either some bread or Ryvita - not sure which yet!
    D - Roast beef, roast potatoes, roasted veg, cabbage & green beans

HEA - milk in tea
    HEA2 - probably won't have
    HEB - either bread or Ryvita

Syns - Low fat spread 1 (if I decide on bread); if I have Ryvita I'll top it with HM hummus 1.5; couple of small glasses of wine 10

Denise
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Feb 19, 2:03 PM
    • 54,410 Posts
    • 637,991 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon all
    I have made scotch eggs, soup ad crustless quiche this morning, been walkies with the dogs and popped to tesco.
    It was an awful morning here wind and rain so waited till rain stopped before i took the dogs but by god the wind was cold!
    Denise i would be fed up with kitchen too, hope its soon finished .
    DH is doing jobs for my sister while we dog sit and she is away, yesterday he /we put a new curtain rail up for her in spare bedroom, took the blinds down in the kitchen as she wanted to wash them but couldn't get them down herself, so they are washed and put back.
    Today he is painting a new fixed shoe cupboard she had fitted and painting her window sill in the living room
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500 £770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 6 1/2lb
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 10th Feb 19, 3:33 PM
    • 3,819 Posts
    • 38,254 Thanks
    curl girl
    Afternoon all.

STS

Amazed as I've completely gone off the rails. Had just about everything I shouldn't have eaten.
    There is no way I can go back to old habits so will give myself a talking to.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • SarahC74
    • By SarahC74 10th Feb 19, 4:09 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 333 Thanks
    SarahC74
    Sary, esmy, Joedenise, and Chrisv, thank you all so much for your feedback re going out alone, it's really helpful. I've ended up having a blue or this last week with a couple of conferences, just back from a weekend one now, and it's so hard to be on track when you have no say over the diet. I can say I've never eaten so much fruit! Unfortunately that includes the fermented grape variety so this may not be a shiny week for me

I'll go this week, and maybe until the end of Feb, and reassess from there. Thank you all x
    Last edited by SarahC74; 10-02-2019 at 9:15 PM.
    “WHAT WE FEAR DOING MOST IS USUALLY WHAT WE MOST NEED TO DO.” RALPH WALDO EMERSON
    • sarymclary
    • By sarymclary 10th Feb 19, 6:03 PM
    • 2,848 Posts
    • 8,463 Thanks
    sarymclary
    Denise I don't blame you feeling fed up about the kitchen not being finished. Years ago when we had our's refitted (after a flood) we found it so difficult after 2 weeks, and with 4 children ranging from 9yrs to 1yrs to feed, that we booked a week away at centre parcs. At least they had a kitchen we could use there! We came back to the kitchen finished - just!

I had my meals all fully planned today, then when I came back from shopping for fruit/veg etc. I noticed a tub in the sink that DS had left there. It was the tub from the fridge that HAD contained my dinner for tonight. Yup, he'd eaten it. I was only gone about 45mins!! So I clearly will not be having the left over SW friendly bolognese. I am seething I so do not want to not lose this week, so have been precision planning to keep me totally on track. I can accept difficulty planning when I am out and about, when meals are somewhat beyond control, but from my own blimming fridge!

So, here is my revised plan:
    B - pineapple
    L - bacon, eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, beans, lettuce, cucumber, spring onions, ketchup 1
    snacks - nectarine, banana
    D - porridge HEB, milk from HEA (rest in tea/coffee) sugar (1) apples (1.5)

Keeping today as low on syns as possible so that it can counter-act anything from yesterday's dinner of duck.
    One day the clocks will stop, and time won't mean a thing

Be nice to your children, they'll choose your care home
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 10th Feb 19, 6:17 PM
    • 61,223 Posts
    • 260,977 Thanks
    beanielou
    Ooops Sary.
    The joys of our DS's
    I would have been mad too.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • tweets
    • By tweets 10th Feb 19, 6:23 PM
    • 31,652 Posts
    • 440,557 Thanks
    tweets
    Creeping in slowly and late with a +3.

Not been a good week SIL in a bad way bro told she had 6 months to live she got C but this last week she gone downhill and in hospital

Also being run around with mums Will and inheritance folk cant tell you same thing thick the lot of em

DS took me out for a meal yesterday lunch I had a burger chips and salad and a luxury hot chocolate sorry but you seeing pics

screen shot windows

One more week in work then I off for a well needed week even though one day got health and safety course to go on
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Feb 19, 6:31 PM
    • 54,410 Posts
    • 637,991 Thanks
    bubbs
    Never mind tweets, you deserve a treat and it will soon come off again xx
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500 £770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Feb 19, 6:36 PM
    • 54,410 Posts
    • 637,991 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon all.

STS

Amazed as I've completely gone off the rails. Had just about everything I shouldn't have eaten.
    There is no way I can go back to old habits so will give myself a talking to.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Better than a gain, hope you are ok?
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 10th Feb 19, 6:37 PM
    • 61,223 Posts
    • 260,977 Thanks
    beanielou
    Tweets~~It just keeps coming doesent it
    So sorry.
    Your pictures are making me hungry

Take care

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Feb 19, 6:51 PM
    • 54,410 Posts
    • 637,991 Thanks
    bubbs
    Beanie, how are you?
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • tweets
    • By tweets 10th Feb 19, 6:54 PM
    • 31,652 Posts
    • 440,557 Thanks
    tweets
    Tweets~~It just keeps coming doesent it
    So sorry.
    Your pictures are making me hungry

Take care
    Originally posted by beanielou

Who ever said 60 is a good age nothing gone right since I reached it

Salad was no syns I don't like salad but I ate everything apart from cocktail stick and napkin yesterday it was that good

You also take care
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 10th Feb 19, 7:35 PM
    • 61,223 Posts
    • 260,977 Thanks
    beanielou
    Beanie, how are you?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Muscle spasms have eased off so mich better, thanks.

***Keep plodding***
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Feb 19, 8:32 PM
    • 54,410 Posts
    • 637,991 Thanks
    bubbs
    Muscle spasms have eased off so mich better, thanks.
    Originally posted by beanielou
    Thats good
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 11th Feb 19, 8:18 AM
    • 5,883 Posts
    • 43,515 Thanks
    joedenise
    Looking like it's going to be a lovely day today. Am hoping I can get some washing out on the line to dry today - for a change!

Today's plan:

B - stuffed mushroom - couscous, spring onion, tomato, mushroom stalks, little cheese grated on top
    L - jacket potato, tuna mayo (1 syn); lettuce, cucumber, tomato, spring onion
    D - LO roast beef, chips, beans; pineapple for pud

HEA1 & 2 - milk in drinks, little grated cheese
    HEB - nothing planned so possibly couple of hifi bars or some toast this evening if peckish
    Syns - 2 Tbs LTL mayo 1; nothing else currently planned but who knows!

Denise
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 11th Feb 19, 10:46 AM
    • 3,905 Posts
    • 17,275 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    Morning all!

Let's put it this way, I am back on plan with a vengence! I know that I could have been so much worse, but I could also have been so much better while I was away. Had long days with a lot of walking so was building up an appetite and then walking it off again. Nipped in to see King Tut, sent his regards and best wishes for continued losses! While the weather was warm, there was more than a nip in the breeze when on open deck or in the fellucas, so needed something warm to wear.

Got back yesterday, thank goodness was able to go to bed early. The kids (I have family in Egypt) were supposed to be picked up for first day back at school at 6:30 yesterday morning, as our flight from Luxor to Cairo was delayed for 3 hours and they had a 3 hour drive after that to Alexandria which meant they didn't get back until about 3am, they got an extra day off school. It was amazing watching the kids, obviously knew family, but there were 2 others with us who I had not met before, and although I don't know exactly, 1 of them was displaying autistic traits and the others were brilliant with him, if he was engaging socially, he was definitely part of the group, but if he didn't want to engage, they knew instinctively to let him have that time alone and just welcomed him back when it was the right time, although they did have fun doing maths with him, they were having to use the calculator on the phone and he was just doing it in his head. If only more adults were so open.

Going to make a spag bol tonight, may add lots of speed to it, but I can then have it portioned and freeze some. Had Weetabix for breakfast and will have chicken salad for lunch. May forgo syns to make up for over indulgence!
    A smile costs little but creates much
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 11th Feb 19, 11:25 AM
    • 5,883 Posts
    • 43,515 Thanks
    joedenise
    Change of plan for lunch - I'm having prawns & mayo on my jacket potato, had forgotten I had some leftover from yesterday. DH isn't bothered about prawns so he'll still have tuna mayo.

Denise
    • Stoke
    • By Stoke 11th Feb 19, 12:46 PM
    • 3,069 Posts
    • 3,443 Thanks
    Stoke
    Good luck again everyone!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,629Posts Today

8,207Users online

Martin's Twitter