Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 2nd Aug 17, 12:40 PM
    • 13,793Posts
    • 43,046Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel
    • 2nd Aug 17, 12:40 PM
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel 2nd Aug 17 at 12:40 PM
    It is that time again for a new thread as the old one is about to approach its 314th page.

Thanks to 3010 for posting the last thread

Please note in post number two there is now a list of FAQ that 3010 very kindly posted on the old thread so I have copied it here. .

Happy Posting

Link to old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4742377

Link to Join (Private Households) https://rmselfrecruit.research-int.com/Questionnaire/qstIntroductionPrivate.aspx

Link to Join (Businesses with Franking Abilities) https://rmbus.research-int.com

FAQS http://rmpanelzone.research-int.com/FAQ.htm
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 100
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 7th Feb 19, 8:25 AM
    • 3,785 Posts
    • 2,000 Thanks
    MABLE
    Thanks.

I received my last posting pack last week so I will not get the March stamps. I also got a Harry Potter presentation pack last week.
    Originally posted by Jo4
    After nearly 9 months on the live panel I am certainly looking forward to that day when my present time comes to an end. You can sometimes have to much of a good thing.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 7th Feb 19, 9:36 AM
    • 62,490 Posts
    • 269,240 Thanks
    beanielou
    After nearly 9 months on the live panel I am certainly looking forward to that day when my present time comes to an end. You can sometimes have to much of a good thing.
    Originally posted by MABLE
    Yes, I was on main panel for 9 months last year.
    BAck on now & really hope it is not for so long this time.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • Jo4
    • By Jo4 7th Feb 19, 3:41 PM
    • 6,676 Posts
    • 4,776 Thanks
    Jo4
    Originally posted by MABLE
    I joined the live posting panel again on the 27th June 2018 and the last item I have to post at the moment is Friday 15th February 2019, so I've been on the live posting panel just under 8 months this time. I don't mind the rest either.
    • fraserbooks
    • By fraserbooks 7th Feb 19, 8:59 PM
    • 326 Posts
    • 5,684 Thanks
    fraserbooks
    I have just started my third stint and got the Harry Potter stamps as well. Last time I think I was live for about 8 months though I think they said it was something about changing the website. So far I have posted 4 cubes in 4 weeks. it seems busier so far. I like that you only have to give the time the letters were received to the nearest half hour,
    • cherie1122
    • By cherie1122 8th Feb 19, 6:56 AM
    • 427 Posts
    • 1,691 Thanks
    cherie1122
    It is a lot busier fraserbooks and I'm going to stop doing the survey after my current live stint has finished. I used to enjoy it but there are so many cubes these days then I'm getting fed up with driving to the post office with them. It's been interesting but I've had enough now.

• Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 8th Feb 19, 5:55 PM
    • 4,613 Posts
    • 79,563 Thanks
    Chrisv
    There was some discussion here a couple of weeks ago, around posting items the night before the due date.

There is a new news feed item on the tns website.

Not wanting something is as good as possessing it Donald Horban
    • fraserbooks
    • By fraserbooks 8th Feb 19, 9:17 PM
    • 326 Posts
    • 5,684 Thanks
    fraserbooks
    Do you think they read this thread? It does make life a lot easier..
    • Chocmonster7
    • By Chocmonster7 8th Feb 19, 9:24 PM
    • 2,339 Posts
    • 2,082 Thanks
    Chocmonster7
    There was some discussion here a couple of weeks ago, around posting items the night before the due date.

There is a new news feed item on the tns website.

Originally posted by Chrisv

That is a bit of a change from what they've previously told people. Perhaps all these Post Boxes being changed to 9am final collections are starting to take their toll on the survey results.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 8th Feb 19, 9:25 PM
    • 62,490 Posts
    • 269,240 Thanks
    beanielou
    Do you think they read this thread? It does make life a lot easier..
    Originally posted by fraserbooks
    No idea, but I do think they must be loosing panel members due to the increase in work involved & no increase in what you get for doing the main survey.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • podmonster
    • By podmonster 9th Feb 19, 11:09 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    podmonster
    Thank you NBLondon, TNS have now advised a user will be removed from the system "if a number of invites have been declined". From memory, I chose the option that I couldnt do the main survey at the time but happy to be contacted in future but it appears they class that as a decline.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 9th Feb 19, 3:25 PM
    • 34,315 Posts
    • 29,129 Thanks
    custardy
    That is a bit of a change from what they've previously told people. Perhaps all these Post Boxes being changed to 9am final collections are starting to take their toll on the survey results.
    Originally posted by Chocmonster7
    Its not a 9am final collection. Its a 9am cut off for guaranteed collection that day.
    RM will have data on the actual time any box is cleared,no doubt this data is cross referenced with TNS data.
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 11th Feb 19, 7:50 AM
    • 2,678 Posts
    • 12,898 Thanks
    NBLondon
    Thank you NBLondon, TNS have now advised a user will be removed from the system "if a number of invites have been declined". From memory, I chose the option that I couldnt do the main survey at the time but happy to be contacted in future but it appears they class that as a decline.
    Originally posted by podmonster
    Yes - I'd say that was a decline. Rack up a certain number of those and they assume you're never going to be available. Otherwise a lot of us would just do the Unaddressed at 5 a time and never do the full survey....
    "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
    • Chocmonster7
    • By Chocmonster7 11th Feb 19, 8:30 AM
    • 2,339 Posts
    • 2,082 Thanks
    Chocmonster7
    Its not a 9am final collection. Its a 9am cut off for guaranteed collection that day.
    RM will have data on the actual time any box is cleared,no doubt this data is cross referenced with TNS data.
    Originally posted by custardy

Checked on my local postbox this morning and the wording at the top of the sign is 'Last Collection Time'.
    • Primrose
    • By Primrose 11th Feb 19, 8:34 AM
    • 8,578 Posts
    • 30,213 Thanks
    Primrose
    The problem with doing the main surveys now is that their duration seems to be getting longer and longer and over the years they've been in. Action the number of post offices available have become fewer and fewer as so many have closed.

This obviously impacts when it comes to having to post cubes which have to be handed in during opening hours - not always possible for people who work. They're inadvertently shooting themselves in the foot as a result as some geographical survey areas will be unrepresented as a result.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 11th Feb 19, 1:07 PM
    • 34,315 Posts
    • 29,129 Thanks
    custardy
    Checked on my local postbox this morning and the wording at the top of the sign is 'Last Collection Time'.
    trust me. Do you think the boxes are all cleared at 9am?
    The wording gives RM flexibility,but if a box has a day tag you can see if it has been cleared that day yet.
    • quoia
    • By quoia 11th Feb 19, 2:38 PM
    • 13,208 Posts
    • 141,652 Thanks
    quoia
    What this actually means is that .....

IF you drop an item of mail into the box at 08:59 then there is a GUARANTEE that a postman will retrieve it sometime later the same day.

Do the same at 09:01 and you MAY just have missed the collection for that day, your deposited mail not being retrieved until the following day's collection.

Obviously if you've been constantly observing the box from before 09:00 and it is now 11:35 or whatever and mister postie hasn't visited, then "later" is yet to happen and "today's" last/final 9am collection is still pending
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ()
    () Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
    • Primrose
    • By Primrose 11th Feb 19, 2:49 PM
    • 8,578 Posts
    • 30,213 Thanks
    Primrose
    This may not be general experience elsewhere but my nearest postbox with a single 9 am daily last collection has still often not been collected by 10.30 or 11 am.
    • SSUPER
    • By SSUPER 11th Feb 19, 3:13 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    SSUPER
    Hi there. It's just to ask if you know about any other panels. I don't want this one as the cubes don't fit. I done world mail one and it was okay but I think it closed. I see one where you are logging seed deliveries but it was limited postcode. Look forward to any help.
    • Chocmonster7
    • By Chocmonster7 11th Feb 19, 7:26 PM
    • 2,339 Posts
    • 2,082 Thanks
    Chocmonster7
    trust me. Do you think the boxes are all cleared at 9am?
    The wording gives RM flexibility,but if a box has a day tag you can see if it has been cleared that day yet.
    I'm sure you didn't really mean to sound quite so condescending.

I've been doing this survey for enough years to fully understand when and how the boxes are emptied thanks.

I was just pointing out what the actual wording on the plaque is.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 12th Feb 19, 11:28 AM
    • 20,516 Posts
    • 14,783 Thanks
    molerat
    Just had a phone call from TNS asking me to do unaddressed 25th Feb.
    https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/give-support/donate-now/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,014Posts Today

6,879Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin