Money Transfer deal - what am i missing??

Options
Sea_Shell
Sea_Shell Posts: 9,376 Forumite
First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
edited 19 July 2018 at 2:26PM in Credit cards
Morning,

I've been offered, by existing CC, an 18 months 0% Money Transfer deal with 1.9% one off fee. (This CC is currently empty, having just finished another 0% deal, so no muddling of offers to worry about)

We don't usually go for deals with a fee (or interest payable), but in this instance should I think differently...

We recently did 2 x ICICI 1 yr fix (with bonus) which, on £2000 effectively makes 6.95%. The money for this came from an interest paying account (1.5%).

Should I (and would you), take the CC offer, of say £2000 to replace the invested money, as it'll be making more than the £38 fee, in it's new home???

Or...if we don't NEED the £2000, are we just robbing ourselves of £38?

Does it make any difference depending on what money it elsewhere...or should I just view this transaction in isolation.

What do you all think???
:beer:
How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    Options
    It's entirely up to you how much you want to chase making some interest. If the amounts are worth it to you, then do it.
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,376 Forumite
    Options
    Always looking to maximise interest, with such slim pickings around.

Just wanting to check I've not overlooked something that I might shoot myself in the foot with!!!

It will also keep a DD going for interest paying CA too.
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure