PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 11th September 2017

Options

Comments

• Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Very sad news Narco. ((Hugs)) x

Well done bossy for sticking it out. And I'd stay in bed as well - it's wild out there apart from anything else.

Hope everyone is keeping safe and warm. Or is it just here where it is blowing a gale and the rain is battering at the windows?
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening

Sorry Narco to read your sad news

What a lovely surprise with Daisy LW and it was definitely a 'meant to be' re your bargain printer

Great move Bossy - that's one they'll remember for ages

I think we miss this one Fayolle. The sea is calm and flat atm, though it has been raining and is below 9 degrees already. Fingers xd those affected all stay safe.

Kitchen all WUDUPA after dinner and washed kitchen and bathroom floors.

Monday Mayhem - Living Room and Hall
    Vacuum through the living room and hall
    Put all your hotspots in one pile and work your way through it..
    Vacuum under furniture you can manage to move without hurting yourself

Tuesday Trauma - Kitchen and Dining Room
    Clean the fridge

Wednesday wobbles- Bathroom and Study/Pc Area
    Clean baths, toilets, don't forget the outside! and sinks.. shine the taps with a toothbrush
    Clear any clutter from desk
    Wipe keyboard, house phone, sockets, switches and mouse etc
    Clean those extractor fans
    Scrub down tiles in bathroom.. defragment your pc while doing this.
    Extras
    Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these room

Hugs, sticks and spoons if needed
    Hope you all enjoy 'hump-day'
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hugs for you Narc0. Such a sad time for all concerned :(

Bossy, I feel your pain. Tiny has been just dreadful today - excelling himself by stripping naked and having a poo in the Wendyhouse at preschool, opening his cousin's birthday card and present with the kitchen scissors (obtained by balancing on the open door of the under-counter fridge) then peeing on the floor in the lounge and hiding his wet pants and trousers under my new sofa cushions :eek::mad: He went to bed without any dinner.

Breathe.......
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,426 Forumite
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your friend, Narc0 x

It's blowing a gale here too, but we are warm and dry. Rosie found a big frog on her late night walk! She has been on a narrow-gauge steam train and a cliff railway and seen the sea. Tomorrow I hope we can take her to a beach - there are plenty of dog-friendly ones in this area, and the tea room with the best scones ever also welcomed her in today, so we will be going back for seconds there!

Flying-wise, I pulled the blanket straight on the sofa and made sure that Rosie wiped her feet when she came in. DH has washed up the supper plates :D
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Came home after a rather stressful day of babysitting work experience kids who didn't manage to find themselves a placement in the short period of a year they'd been given to do it, along with getting trapped in a cupboard for ten minutes because the door handle broke off on the inside, only to find Himself in a full blown meltdown about several million things topped off by dropping the ridiculously expensive energy saving light bulb and smashing it when dealing with the fitting.

Ugh. Didn't need to have to deal with that as soon as I walked in through the door. I wasn't going out again to get food, so persuaded him to help me bake some bread in the hope it would calm him down and I'd get something to eat without spending a fortune on takeaway.

Fortunately, it worked, the bread came out perfect and we had bread and homemade jam for tea, which was just as well, because I'm too wiped out to do - or deal with - anything else. As it was, whilst he was in mid stress, I managed to clear the countertop of random items, clean it, sweep the floor, get the oven on low, find the flour and bits, get the scales, mixing bowl, baking tray and measuring spoons out, feed the cats, sort them out two perching spots so they could supervise without getting trodden on and sort out the warm water. And it took roughly 30 seconds to clean up at the end. I don't quite understand how he can make so much mess in the kitchen that it looks like a bomb's hit it every single day. It's got to improve when I go on this medication, as I'll more vulnerable to coming down with bugs when taking it and I'm not prepared to trust anything that comes from the kitchen as it stands. Oh, and I sorted out another nice bed for the cat with a horrid jumper I was given. Then adjusted it because the cat wasn't quite happy with how it was arranged.

I'm starving hungry now, though. I know I could do with losing some weight, but a couple of slices of bread a day isn't really food in my opinion. And I'm not particularly impressed with my day.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Morning all

Blowing a gale here, and so chilly the heating clicked on in the night. Spent yesterday feeling cross, grumpy and sad for a whole host of reasons - need to pull self together. A couple of hours work this morning then errands to run. Need need need to get finances in check too - article on sky news about the state of the banks making me panic.

DD has sports club after school so later pick up than normal.

About to unload DW and stick a wash on. Think we will be driving to school today.

Back later x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Morning all
    Gentle supporting hugs to narco and all affected, so sad and unfair.
    Hugs good wishes and posi vibes to all who need/want them.

Been round mils yesterday more cleaning done, gardener arranged, birthday meal booked and new chair cover put on.
    Neighbour's sons friends trousers mended, half sewn a zip into Dh s old rucksack need to finish that today. Spent ages last night giggling over the wedding booth photos now they are online.

It's been blowing a hoolie here all night and rain was coming down horizontal when we do the open mic runs with ds1, ds2 had to walk home from work as he could t stay upright on his bike-I had told him not to take it.
    Need to iron, do first module test today and make a start on some knitted bits for the hospital. Only in work at lunch so it's achievable.

Have a good day all xx
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    Options
    An interesting morning so far. The power went off about 3am and came back about an hour ago. It wasn't due back until 2 pm, so thank you Electricity people for doing it fast. Thank goodness for a gas hob that can light with a match, so coffee could be had. I had to take DD to school as Wednesday is Carry all Your Bags Plus Guitar to School day, and there were lots of bushes down on the roads. As we had no electricity. i didn't do the food shop on the way home, only to find that the power was back on in the meantime, so I will have to go out again later.

I'm feeling right behind now, so had better shift myself. Kettle first though....
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning!

Well I must have slept through any storm - having been out it doesn't look like it was ever here, lol, thank heavens the bins didn't blow over!

Kiddies remember a little humility this morning, all very pleasant, with a ban of DS taking any food out of the kitchen as he is still forgetting the existence of bins. But much more peaceful and pleasant. They asked why we have no sweets and I said they can have some when I've had at least 3 days of no poor attitude :p

Just had a glitter explosion while lifting DDs papers out of her thingy. We have wall mounted document / leaflet holders above my desk and I pop their nicer drawings and bits of work along with certificates etc in there. Every now and then, we empty them and some get stuck in their scrap books (saves me having to keep every picture). Well I just emptied them and I've now got glitter in my cup of tea, lol.

Need to replace the window film in the garage / den. It has bubbled and creased - probably due to being in full sun all morning, but it is nice and bright and warm in here.

Also need to dust and vac everywhere !!!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Work done, 3 loads of washing done and draped over the airers and lunch scoffed. The wind is very chilly here but I am resisting putting the heating on - snuggled under a blanket instead with the dog :)

Had a real win this morning - 4 lovely tops in the local charity shop for £11 all in. Two of them are brand new :j

Should really do some flying but suffering from serious CBA-ness :o
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport