PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2017 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Comments

• Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    MMF007 wrote: »
    Slinky, snap! I have just spent an hour at dentist's. One more visit to go, next Thurs, then a large bill to pay.

Mine don't let you get out the door without paying! Over £200 in the last 3 days and then £578 for the root canal.... hope it works!
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Slinky that's the only reason why I am glad we are in Denplan - it costs money each month, but i've had root canal + re-do, several fillings, 6-monthly hygienist appointments and 6-monthly dental appointments in the last 3 years without any extra cost. When I tallied up the outgoings 2 months ago I was well in profit!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Managed to Kondo my private Dentist when he retired and now gone NHS for the last 5 years. No complaints with care or prices!
    DawnW - no makers mark on Dolly - she's got no hair!!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Absolutely no chance of NHS dentist round here! None will take nhs patients any longer. DH furious so is boycotting dentists. Talk about cutting your nose to spite your face. I'd happily use nhs if i could but am philosophical about current situ because we are lucky to be able to afford the necessary treatment and the stuff I am having done now is the first for ages and should last well. My dentist is very experienced and seems to take pride in every bit of her work. Yester she was replacing a very very old filling that had chipped off at a corner years ago. She took a while to get the new filling exactly how she wanted to restore the tooth shape and although she only charged the standard rate she has in fact done a great cosmetic job as well as the necessary repair. So now I can :D :rotfl:

Yesterday i took a leaf out of GQ's book and shopped my wardrobe. I took the opportunity to wear some footwear I bought last year (in a sale :D) that have had very few outings, for various reasons.
    They look like trainers, with a great grip, but are more cut out - not quite sandals though. Not describing very well, sorry! They are soooooo comfortable and were just right yester for a fairly steep walk in hot, dry weather. They do indeed spark joy.

Right, have to kondo a large bag of carrots (rtc, 30p) into soup; do some cleaning, hang washing, and go though one COD with a view to releasing at least 5 garments. I have bought 5 items over the last couple of weeks, so the 5 oldest, raggiest, unloved items can go from COD to make room for lovely new things :D There is still plenty to choose from because many of my clothes are ancient :rotfl:
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    maddiemay wrote: »
    elona - I hope that you don't mind me mentioning this, but be careful of the selection of "the man with the van" here in the Midlands there have been a lot of bods who claim to be able to dispose of things correctly and then pocketing the money and fly tipping everything in our beautiful countryside, which then costs the person who owns the land a big charge from the council for clearing it:eek:
    elona wrote: »
    maddie

That example is why I want to be really careful and use someone respectable if you know what I mean.
    Yes, do make sure they are licensed - someone here in Essex was recently fined several hundred pounds plus costs, he'd paid £70 to a man to dispose of rubbish which had then been flytipped.

Read in local paper recently about 2 lads jailed with hefty sentences for a fly tipping spree across 3 counties.........they appealed their sentences and were refused - good I say!! Fly tipping is a real problem around here........easy to get to from the towns in a van and just dump anything anywhere:mad::mad:
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Floss wrote: »
    Slinky that's the only reason why I am glad we are in Denplan.

Yep we are with Denplan - I stuck with my dentist of over 25 years when he went 'private' a few years ago. He sorted out some shocking dental work I had had done as a child which was all done free by him as I was pregnant at the time and 25 years on I have had one filling replaced after a chipped tooth and a veneer replaced also after a chip - he says if all his patients had teeth like mine he would be out of business:rotfl: Makes me wonder why I pay into Denplan???:o...........between OH and I we have lots of gold crowns and I have veneers and porcelain crowns and I would not want to think about how much those are to replace now so worth the £18/month :D
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • tibawo
    tibawo Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    wow... hadn't realised how long it was since I'd last posted/lurked. We're even pages into a new thread!

Halfway through the holidays and not done much that I had planned but as with KD it is these moments that if you look back and see how far you have come then it really does spur you on. Pet sitting for a friend at the moment and once they go at weekend i can pile up my car boot stuff for ebay and then get moving again!
    Go get it!
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It is the last day of my holiday, back to work on Mondje, and I am getting the house ready, clearing and cleaning. Lots of dds' crafts are now in the recycling bin, many toys are in the donation pile or the recycling. I first wanted to put their stuff ' in it's proper place', but Then realised they have not played with it for a long time, and not asked for it ether, so it's going!

Sil is coming on Sunday to babysit for the last two weeks of the summer break and she is a bit of a neat freak, so house need to be cleaner than we usually have it.
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 18 August 2017 at 2:33PM
    Cleaning kitchen window sill, wondered why i have kept a tall wire candle holder which has a sort of glass holder at the top. We have never used it, have a much nicer multi- tea light holder we DO use. It is now in CS bag. I have had to hide it though - DH has been threatened with divorce in the past because he goes through all bags of stuff before they leave the house and tries to extract Stuff. Grrrr. He will notice it is missing eventually but it will be too late then! And, yes, it was a purchase I made, so I thjnk MK would be happy for me to release it :)

Have had thunder n lightening, now a hail storm! Keeps me out of the garden and back to kondo-ing inside!
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • Charly27
    Charly27 Posts: 602 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Callisto
    Haven't been Kondoing much the last couple of weeks, as we've had bad news about Dad's health, his cancer has spread further. He has an appointment tomorrow to discuss treatment options, but it will be palliative only.
    I have every sympathy with you and your family as my dad has only just finished palliative chemotherapy and radiotherapy. He hasn't tolerated the radiotherapy in particular very well. Look after yourself and each other.
    ‘One of our greatest freedoms is how we react to things’ said Mole.Cross stitch cafe WIP ‘The Best is yet to come’ Emma Congham & ‘A Year in the Life of’ HSC. TaDa Welcome
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure