MSE News: Vanquis Bank to pay customers £169m

Comments

• samcov72
    samcov72 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Hi all. I received a letter yesterday (31/05) to advise the process was more complex than they thought & everyone due anything would have it by February 2019!!
  • bubbleyboo
    bubbleyboo Posts: 1,153 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    samcov72 wrote: »
    Hi all. I received a letter yesterday (31/05) to advise the process was more complex than they thought & everyone due anything would have it by February 2019!!

We received the same one. :(
  • dazzaofdagenham
    dazzaofdagenham Posts: 1,511 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Anyone had a payout yet.
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I had this, I was offered the product and declined it and because I initially paid my card off in full every month I didn't realise they had put it on anyway. I wanted a credit increase and wasn't getting one so I put a purchase on the card and paid it over 6 months, it was at that point I realised I was paying ROP. I called to complain and they refused to refund the payments but did cancel the policy.

They wrote to me on Saturday asking me if I wanted to reinstate the policy, on a card I haven't used in about 5 months - very strange.
  • CakeCrusader
    CakeCrusader Posts: 1,118 Forumite
    edited 1 August 2018 at 2:21PM
    I've just been emailed "You don't need to do anything!!; We have agreed with the FCA to make refunds by reducing outstanding balances where possible. Therefore, we have credited your account with £XXX. This will be shown on your statement dated XXXX as 'ROP Interest Refund'."
  • MrsV
    MrsV Posts: 174 Forumite
    I've just been emailed "You don't need to do anything!!; We have agreed with the FCA to make refunds by reducing outstanding balances where possible. Therefore, we have credited your account with £XXX. This will be shown on your statement dated XXXX as 'ROP Interest Refund'."

You might want to check out your refund. It seems that Vanquis is getting the calculations wrong by stopping them too soon and not refunding any over limit charges. Naughty of them! But you can complain and get more https://debtcamel.co.uk/vanquis-rop-3-refunds-wrong.../
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. Douglas Adams
  • CakeCrusader
    MrsV wrote: »
    You might want to check out your refund. It seems that Vanquis is getting the calculations wrong by stopping them too soon and not refunding any over limit charges. Naughty of them! But you can complain and get more https://debtcamel.co.uk/vanquis-rop-3-refunds-wrong.../

I've just checked and the refund is showing :) Thank you!
  • Nothing here yet
  • Anyone had a payment ?

I wanted to close my vanquis down, but wanted to get this sorted first
  • CakeCrusader
    Anyone had a payment ?

I wanted to close my vanquis down, but wanted to get this sorted first

Yup, a couple of weeks ago (I posted above). It went off my cc balance (don't forget to make a payment too as this technically isn't a credit). If you close your account they will still refund you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure