IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking ticket for entering carpark

Hi all I have just had a parking fine through the post and was wondering if any one could offer any advice? on Saturday 26th of august I had done some shopping at Aldi in Northfield and as I came out the car park 7:30pm I noticed Homezone (decorating shop) opposite looked open and as I was halfway through decorating and needing some gloss paint I pulled into there car park as soon as I got out the car I noticed the shop was closed so went up to the door to see the opening times read a few offers plastered all over the front then got back in the car and went, then Monday I had a letter saying PCN admin want £60 - 100 pounds because I parked without permission from the owner they claim I was there for 9 minutes I did not see any signs at all, so my question is can I get fined for pulling into Homezones car park? the entrance says nothing about it being a private car park and a quick look google earth B31 2PA shows the car park is definitely part of the shop, I appealed against it explaining I only pulled up on the car park to see if the shop was open as the gate was still open but PCN Admin are saying I parked with out the owners permission. any advise would be very welcome.

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    NO private parking company can "fine" you, or anyone else

they can issue a parking charge notice, an INVOICE , known as a pcn

which idiot parking company monitor this car park ?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 12 September 2017 at 11:19PM
    Everyone is politely asked to read the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread.

Go there now to see the game you are now caught up in.

Follow the advice on a possible second level appeal ( depending on which PPC you are dealing with)
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Brunosdad, edit your post to remove any clues as to who the driver may've been.
    E.g. "I did not see any signs" becomes "The driver did not see any signs".
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    KeithP wrote: »
    Brunosdad, edit your post to remove any clues as to who the driver may've been.
    E.g. "I did not see any signs" becomes "The driver did not see any signs".

Too late.

OP has blabbed to PPC he was driving according to the OP
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Quentin wrote: »
    Too late.

OP has blabbed to PPC he was driving according to the OP
    Oh yes. So he did. :(
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    after following / answering Redx advice / question .....

do a forum search for 'grace periods' ( use show posts)

good luck

Ralph:cool:
  • Ok thanks, so I have dropped myself in it by admitting I was driving? I just cant see how elite management can get all my details and charge me £60 when the shop was closed, surely if they manage the carpark they should of closed the gate or at least put a sign at the entrance stating you need permission to enter? so I will have to wait to see what popla say, it all seems very under handed, thanks for your advice.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Wording on the sign could be important. You could have been windows shopping.

But if shop was closed, how did it take you 9 minutes to find out?
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Brunosdad wrote: »
    Ok thanks, so I have dropped myself in it by admitting I was driving? I just cant see how elite management can get all my details and charge me £60 when the shop was closed, surely if they manage the carpark they should of closed the gate or at least put a sign at the entrance stating you need permission to enter? so I will have to wait to see what popla say, it all seems very under handed, thanks for your advice.

I have yet to see a PPC that manages a car park, it's not profitable.
    A closed gate would stop people entering after hours, it's not profitable.
    You are correct there should be signage at the entrance and that will be one of your POPLA points, along with grace periods.

Streetview from March 2017 shows the site has no signage what so ever on the entrance.
    Yes there is a gate which presumably is never closed, and there appears to be a small sign of some description on that which you would never see entering the car park.
    The car park is right next to a Kentucky Fried Chicken takeaway, a real honeytrap for the PPC!!

Which PPC is this? I can't see any anpr cameras it could be a muppet with an Argos digital camera!
  • It didn't seem like 9 minutes to us but my wife is disabled and needs help in and out of the car and we are both getting on a bit in age, I know it could look liker we parked there and went to another shop but this was at 7:30pm with plenty of parking on the road and disabled bays, but the shop looked open from the road because the car park was open.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure