Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Bless ya xx sounds like she is lonely too, does she mix with the other people?

She got neighbours going in 2 I know go in everyday. Think its 4 times a week goes down to common room for dinner. 2 nights a week bingo Monday afternoon after dinner plays card game oye. Wednesday hairdresser and once a month foot woman so she not lonely . She does more than I do lol. Her friend goes Monday night from where she used to love 10 min walk away.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just see this recipe anyone tried it? 8 syns for whole cake or 1 syn a slice, cake cut into 8 obviously :rotfl:
    English toffee drizzle cake
    50g self raising flour
    3tsp sweetener
    English toffee sugar free coffee syrup ( buy all flavours on Amazon or tkmax )
    Separate the egg whites from the yolks
    Mix together the flour, 2 1/2 tbsp of sweetner, 3tsp syruo and 5 egg yolks
    In another bowl whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks
    Gently fold the egg whites into the flour and egg yolk mixture, until they are mixed evenly
    Pour the mixture into a loaf tin (I lined the bottom with baking parchment and gave it a quick spray with Frylight just in case)
    Bake for 25-30 minutes at 180ºC until golden brown or until the knife comes out clean. Don't be tempted to check it before 25 minutes or the cake will sink!
    While the cake is cooking mix the remaining syrup and sweetner heat on low in a sauce pan
    When the cake is done (to check insert a knife and it should come out clean) remove it from the oven, turn the heat down to 100ºC then pour the heater syrup mix over the top of the cake and put it back in for another 10 minutes
    Leave to cool, and then cut into 8 equal slices
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    She got neighbours going in 2 I know go in everyday. Think its 4 times a week goes down to common room for dinner. 2 nights a week bingo Monday afternoon after dinner plays card game oye. Wednesday hairdresser and once a month foot woman so she not lonely . She does more than I do lol. Her friend goes Monday night from where she used to love 10 min walk away.

No def not lonely, more than me too:rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 September 2017 at 9:13PM
    Options
    Sorry to hear your mum's stressing you tweets . Maybe it would be better to go shopping after work to free you up on Saturdays. Or could you do an online shop to be delivered to your mum?

I just watched a bit of that slimming programme. What a load of nonsense! If she's going to group every week where are they getting their prices from? And how on earth does she manage to spend £250 on herself?:eek:

Just had an idea that they're pricing it per pound as if they normally eat for free. Surely what the diet costs is the difference between their new and old food budget?
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Sorry to hear your mum's stressing you tweets . Maybe it would be better to go shopping after work to free you up on Saturdays. Or could you do an online shop to be delivered to your mum?

I just watched a bit of that slimming programme. What a load of nonsense! If she's going to group every week where are they getting their prices from? And how on earth does she manage to spend £250 on herself?:eek:

I still would have to go mums Saturdays have done for years Saturday and Sunday. Saturday I am home for around 12 and Sunday 1-30ish. I even go when ill because I am not allowed to be ill lol. Used to be just Wednesdays as well when off but this last holidays :(

Online shop :eek: would be on phone all night would have to have my laptop on here at home and on phone to mum while doing ordering :eek: Rather go Tesco and have her ringing average 4 times when in. I go with list and can leave hers 15 min walk taxi back and have it all done in just over an hour :T
  • bubbs
    Options
    maman wrote: »

Just had an idea that they're pricing it per pound as if they normally eat for free. Surely what the diet costs is the difference between their new and old food budget?

I think SW is as expensive or as cheap as you make it, because im a cheapskate mines :money::money::rotfl::rotfl:
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done, merlin, esmy and Tete.

Good luck on your consultancy journey, merlin. Men need male role models too.

Great breakfast choices on your trip, maman. Glad you got to enjoy that too.

Chin up, tweets – you’re a great daughter.
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Do try and make time for yourself tweets and look after yourself. Hugs
    Zebras rock
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    Tweets, hugs x

-1lb loss this week which is surprising as last Saturday I did drink 3/4 bottle of gin, pizza and chips!

No gin this weekend!
  • Moneysaverme
    Options
    Morning,

2.5lbs lost this week. Yay!

Have a good day all
    Weight loss 2017/2018 - 49 lbs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing