Applying for multiple cards

Comments

• swindiff
    swindiff Posts: 849
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Newshound!
    Forumite
    I believe most other cards charge for cash withdraws though as well as charging interest, which the Clarity card does not.
  • swindiff
    Forumite
    It's very easy to do. As far as I am concerned it's none of there business why I am doing it as long as it's not in contravention of their terms and conditions. I am not actually taking any hard cash from the card. The money is withdrawn from the credit card and deposited into the current account. It is in effect a transfer although they don't call it that.
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Ambassador
    adindas wrote: »
    Yes that is true. Cash Advancement fee + Interest.

I wonder, if people are using Claritycard to withdraw money from a bank counter in the UK, do not they get suspicious or asked a lot of questions, why are you withdrawing money using creditcard and not debitcard ??

Apart from telling the customer the interest is applied as soon as cash is withdrawn and, that you have photo ID, passport or Licence then its just like any other withdrawal, if its accepted by Mastercard that is.

I just ask if they are sure that they want to withdraw the funds is there an alternative option that will not cost interest, but if the customer is happy to go ahead its processed, with not much more fuss.

That said if you don't want to have the questions you can withdraw up to £500 a day from the ATM, no need to go to the counter, if you don't mind multiple withdrawals.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Ambassador
    Tends to happen when customers are wanting their credit back on their credit card from refunds or over paying the credit card, that said the system can be very slow to authorise sometimes so its not always a quick transaction.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • L33bou
    L33bou Posts: 20 Forumite
    swindiff wrote: »
    Income £50k, no dependants. Mortgage/rent payments £800/month. That's the big 3 they seem to ask for.

New to this stoozing lark, but thanks for posting as ive learnt from your thread!

Are you getting this amount of credit to pay of debts or are you debt free, or is it purely to make your money work for you?
  • swindiff
    Forumite
    It's just making the money work for me. No debts to clear.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,805
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 27 May 2016 at 11:18AM
    Westie983 wrote: »
    That said if you don't want to have the questions you can withdraw up to £500 a day from the ATM, no need to go to the counter, if you don't mind multiple withdrawals.

I am aware that there is not any cash withdrawal fee abroad with the Halifax Clarity, only the interest start from when the transaction is booked.

I wonder if this case also applies to cash withdrawal in the UK cash machines (not overseas) ??

My Understanding there should not be any interest to pay if you are in credit balance and you withdraw the money.

Have you or might be anyone else tried to withdraw £ from the UK cash machines (not from the counter) using clarity card and you do not get charge, no fee, tor other catches, no surprised ??

I have heard someone did this but just wanted to hear from other people. If this one works well, it could become one the mule card for balance transfer where you could transfer the balance (e.g) from 0% interest, £0 fee on BT to non existing balance in clarity card and then withdraw the in credit balance on daily basis until it become £0 ??
  • L33bou
    L33bou Posts: 20 Forumite
    It's just making the money work for me. No debts to clear.

Cool, yeah im the same, just fancy earning a bit here and there till im a pro and can properly have a nice chunk to earn from
  • lazar1980
    lazar1980 Posts: 21 Forumite
    The clarity card will be used to withdraw cash to my current account (can withdraw 95% of credit limit free of charge), with a larger limit I can do less withdraws (more convenient, as have to go into branch to authorize withdraw from CC to current account).

Could I just ask if you can arrange for balance to be transferred to account automatically and how do I find out which percentage comes with my card?

Thanks
  • swindiff
    Forumite
    What do you mean by automatically. Should say on statement what interest rate is or just call halifax and ask.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure