Make up to £10 a day in August 2018 - Everyone welcome

Hello and welcome everybody :hello:

This is the 132nd month of this challenge, which was first started by Batgirl, in September 2007. Here is a link to the original thread as I am sure some of you are interested to read where it all began.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=542835

Thanks to Batgirl for starting it and for everyone who has kept it going for nearly 11 years! I would especially like to thank Aesop who has run the thread for the last few years :T:T:T

Quite a few of the regulars have taken a break recently so we would be really pleased to see some new faces and of course we would love to hear from any of our old posters even if it is just to say hello :hello:

It is only natural for the thread to evolve and change in a different direction and for new ideas to be explored.

The same with the challengers in this thread. Some become debt free, mortgage free, life takes a new path, new challenges, etc.

It is definitely worth joining, reading and joining in. It has helped so many people over the years and it has been amazing.

People will be missed and are alway missed when they stop posting. You are forever in our hearts and on this challenge.

This is my first month posting the new thread so please bear with me.
Kantankrus Mare will be posting the list of challengers this month. We hope to make the running of the thread a collaborative effort so it doesn’t become too much work for anyone so please help out if you can.

This challenge was recently renamed as people seemed to be put off thinking they HAVE TO make £10 a day.

You don't.

The original purpose of this challenge was to help people to try and make an extra £10 a day on top of their normal income to help things along. Ie paying off debt, making savings, paying for holidays, overpaying mortgages etc.

That is exactly what this challenge is about, attempting to make extra income on top of your normal income to help you wherever you need it.

People start the challenge by setting a goal of £1 a day. Then when they find they are smashing this regularly, they up it to £5 a day. Some of us gluttons for punishment go for £10 a day. It really is entirely upto you. We only ask you to post what your goal is to help you keep motivated. Some days you make more and some days you make less, but aim for extra at the end of the month.

The idea is that everyone posts how they are making extra money and these shared ideas help all of us to learn new ways to help cut debt or earn/save money.

What cannot be added:
Wages from your main job

What can be added:
Overtime
Income from a second job
Daily clicks
Interest
Vouchers
Mystery shopping
And much, much more.

This board can move pretty quickly, so be sure to subscribe and read it regularly.

So who wants to join us?

Join this challenge and let's make those bank accounts fat, mortgages paid off, holidays paid off, savings account grow fatter, debts paid off and much much more!!!
£10 a day April - £4/£300
2014 £110.92 2015 £3732.30 2016 £1633.66 2017 £2991.70 2018 £3255.40
Jan £105.50 Feb £80.47March £69.30

Comments

• Kantankrus_Mare
    Kantankrus_Mare Posts: 6,104 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 August 2018 at 5:31PM
    Welcome to the thread old and hopefully new posters.:T Good luck to everyone and let's keep each other motivated.:o

Kantankrus Mare............£10

Shariann........................£10

swimminginaseaofdebt......£50 Total

Nicki_Sue.......................£10

Rosie.............................£10

karla_p..........................£10

ziggy.............................£5

Hopeless Case.................£1

atti..................................£10

FrankieM........................£10

A_Silver_Lining...............£10

sunshine81......................£10

redlaces .........................£5

2plus4............................£5

SSDD23.........................£50 total

Mrs Cautious...................£6.45 (£200 Total)

Farmers-wife....................£2.50

neilix..............................£60 total
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • Evening everyone,

Jumping back in after losing track of the last challenge I joined. Please put me down for £50 for the month.
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • Welcome back swimminginaseaofdebt :T

Have added you to Challengers. :D
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • Nicki_Sue
    Nicki_Sue Posts: 1,261 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks for the new thread Shariann.

Pop me down for £10 a day please!
    MSE-ing since 2007
  • Rosie
    Rosie Posts: 1,758 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Thanks Shariann and Kantankrus for the new thread. Please could you put me down for my usual £10.
    Good luck everyone.
    Rosie x
    Jan £10 a day £326.75/£310
  • karla_p
    karla_p Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello everyone,

Shariann can I please join this challenge - £10 per day

Thank you x
  • Welcome to the thread karla and good luck with the challenge.

Any questions.........just throw them out there and one of us might be able to answer. ;)

Welcome back Rosie :T
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks Shariann and KM for the new thread, please could you pop me down for £5 per day please, even though we are away part of August I still want to give it a good shot. Thanks for all the great hints and tips and for making this a great thread to hang out in.

Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• Hi, can I join please and please can you put me down for £1 a day/£31

• atti
    atti Posts: 224 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Hey folks. Long time no see.

I'd like to jump back in with £10 a day please.
    #13 Make 2023 in 2023 - £2085.20/£2023
    #23 Save £8k in 2023 - £6642.66/£8000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family